+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

Hybrid View

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

It's off season, and I'm really tired of reading about nothing but our terrible TV schedule. In your opinion, what are your all-time favorite plays for LA Tech, regardless of sport? Here are 3 of my choices:

1) Phillip "Saturday Night" Livas was one of the most exciting players to ever wear a LA Tech uniform. His 97-yard TD kick return in the 2008 Independence Bowl against Northern Illinois on national network TV electrified the crowd of 45K Tech fans, and led Tech to a 17-10 Bowl win.

2) LA Tech beats 1999 SEC Champion Alabama 29-28, when Brian Stallworth completes a 29-yd TD pass to Sean Cangelosi, on 4th down, with only 2 seconds left in the game.

3) Kenneth Dixon's 99-yd TD run is a good one, because ULL's coaches and delusional fans went into this game arrogantly predicting a very lopsided win for the Cajuns. In fact, ULL's head coach was so confident of a Cajun win, he invited all of LA Tech commits and recruits to the ULL sideline in Lafayette that night. But they learned quickly that the Cajuns were in over their heads. LA Tech went on to badly beat ULL --on the road-- and the outcome was never in doubt. This play got it started.

By the way, the ULL football program has never been the same since. Many believe this play was as turning point in the ULL program, and the Cajuns never recovered.

https://www.facebook.com/LATechAthle...3368642656833/

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

The Stallworth to Cangelosi touchdown for me. When Rattay went out I thought our chances might be over. FWIW, this is IMO, the greatest play in school history.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Joe Smith 's performances vs Tulsa in 2001 and 2002 for me. just to many to post and hard to find video.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RezeZrJ6AMY

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I’m kinda with Tech 70, too many to post! But Rattay/Edwards vs Nebraska, Jason Davis 302 yds Rushing, Dawgs vs Colorado St before Indy Bowl, Eric Shaw and Co. defense vs Auburn and the victory over Alabama( Stallworth to Cangelosi.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

One of my favorite basketball memories

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t find it, but the basketball video of the sequence of steals and buckets back when Speedy, Appleby, and Kyser were seniors was awesome. One of my favorites. Also, the comeback against Michigan State, even though State wasn’t very good that year.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I can’t find it, but the basketball video of the sequence of steals and buckets back when Speedy, Appleby, and Kyser were seniors was awesome. One of my favorites. Also, the comeback against Michigan State, even though State wasn’t very good that year.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Actually, Michigan State was 8-4 in the regular season that year. After losing to Tech the Spartans beat Notre Dame the following week and went on the win 5 in a row. The Bulldogs went into the game without 2 starting receivers and overcame 5 turnovers. It was a big win.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Denny Duron bomb to Roger Carr to beat Boise State in 1973 national semi-finals in Wichita Falls.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

The 57 points scored on Texas A&M and Johnny Football in 2012, especially the pick six by Shakeil Lucas and Quinton Patton smoking the DB for a touchdown down the sideline.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The white T

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Denny Duron bomb to Roger Carr to beat Boise State in 1973 national semi-finals in Wichita Falls.
    This game is definitely one of my all- time favorites. The game-winning TD was actually a 21 yard corner route to Carr with 12 seconds left. Carr did also catch a 59 yard bomb earlier in the game. I seem to remember it being brutally cold due to the wind.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I would love to see that one! In fact, I'd love to see any outstanding plays from LA Tech's 44-4 years of 1971-1974.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I would love to see that one! In fact, I'd love to see any outstanding plays from LA Tech's 44-4 years of 1971-1974.
    Ditto on that. The one play I remember from back then was against Arky State. They had a very large and powerful back that would just not go down. We exchanged scores throughout the game. Arky State had the ball with little time left and was driving in the red zone. Joe McNeely lined up and drove his helmet into the big back's arms causing a fumble which, I think, Joe recovered. We won that game and I believe took the national championship that year. A few days later I saw Joe coming out of the cafeteria. His head was about twice the normal size and it was all black and blue. I asked Joe if he was OK. He told me that they had to cut his helmet off of his head after the game. Joe was not going to let Arky State win that game.

Any game with Mike Green in it. The guy dominated like nobody else in his sport. He was poetry in motion on the court.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Ditto on that. The one play I remember from back then was against Arky State. They had a very large and powerful back that would just not go down. We exchanged scores throughout the game. Arky State had the ball with little time left and was driving in the red zone. Joe McNeely lined up and drove his helmet into the big back's arms causing a fumble which, I think, Joe recovered. We won that game and I believe took the national championship that year. A few days later I saw Joe coming out of the cafeteria. His head was about twice the normal size and it was all black and blue. I asked Joe if he was OK. He told me that they had to cut his helmet off of his head after the game. Joe was not going to let Arky State win that game.

Any game with Mike Green in it. The guy dominated like nobody else in his sport. He was poetry in motion on the court.
    this will be hard to believe but some of my favorite plays centered around Mike Green. He sank a buzzer shot to beat Southwestern La ( now uh la la) from what would now be a 3 point shot) at our old stadium-- I was in balcony and jumped up and my fist went thru ceiling -- Green was incredible player ...

+ Reply to Thread