+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

Daniel Porter jump-pass at LSU

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I have that Cora Lou Robinson print of "The Bomb" hanging on the wall of my office!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have that print...and Billy Cannon's Halloween punt return too...my wife bought both and thought we needed equal representation. The Billy Cannon print is proudly hanging...in my attic behind a stack of old suitcases.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I wish I could find the video of this one -- Karl Malone's dunk against Fresno State -- the one where he catches the ball reaching way back while he's in the air, sees that he can make it (his eyes go wide) and he windmills it down. I had a video of it at one time and someone managed to lose it. One of the best on the court dunks I've ever seen.

The two reverses for touchdowns against Miss Valley in the playoffs. Heck, that whole game was one of the most fun to watch I've ever been at.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I wish I could find the video of this one -- Karl Malone's dunk against Fresno State -- the one where he catches the ball reaching way back while he's in the air, sees that he can make it (his eyes go wide) and he windmills it down. I had a video of it at one time and someone managed to lose it. One of the best on the court dunks I've ever seen.

The two reverses for touchdowns against Miss Valley in the playoffs. Heck, that whole game was one of the most fun to watch I've ever been at.
    One thing this thread has taught me is that there's very little "video" of our athletes out there on the internet considering the ton of great plays & players we've had over the decades. For instance, I haven't been able to find video of a single play of LA Tech's 44-4 golden years football teams (1971-1974), despite all those great athletes. It's been very disappointing. In fact, it's difficult to even find plays of the Tim Rattay years of the late 90's. It's almost as if video cameras weren't invented before the year 2000.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Bradshaw to Liberto in 1968 State Fair Game in Shreveport IMO is the best football game I ever saw!! We were jumping up and down so hard on the TECH side after that TD that I was afraid the stadium was going to collapse!!!
    Video please!!! I've heard Tech fans speak favorably of that play for DECADES. But I've never seen a video of the play.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    One thing this thread has taught me is that there's very little "video" of our athletes out there on the internet considering the ton of great plays & players we've had over the decades. For instance, I haven't been able to find video of a single play of LA Tech's 44-4 golden years football teams (1971-1974), despite all those great athletes. It's been very disappointing. In fact, it's difficult to even find plays of the Tim Rattay years of the late 90's. It's almost as if video cameras weren't invented before the year 2000.
    We have a lot of video in the years we had a coach's television show in the 80s and early 90s. But there are big gaps. I would like to get my hands on a copy of the Oklahoma State game from 2002. I know at least one Shreveport TV station had a press box camera rolling and were plugged into Nitz's call.

I understand your frustration regarding the games from 71 to 74. At one time there were copies of the ABC telecasts of at least 2 of our playoff games from those years in the library on campus. They've since disappeared. I would also love to have the Independence Bowl telecasts from the late 70s.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My memory failed me. You are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    This game is definitely one of my all- time favorites. The game-winning TD was actually a 21 yard corner route to Carr with 12 seconds left. Carr did also catch a 59 yard bomb earlier in the game. I seem to remember it being brutally cold due to the wind.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

And yes it was cold. My band uniform was not much barrier for that cold panhandle wind.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

https://youtu.be/hrI_3qBjKMY

This play was awesome because of all the crying that happened after it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    https://youtu.be/hrI_3qBjKMY

This play was awesome because of all the crying that happened after it.
    Yes. The referees did not deem it head to head, but our weenie commissioner suspended Chad for one game if I remember correctly. Very much like the hit put on the Hawaii QB who kept acting like he was going to step out of bounds and then take another four or five yards until Cole (I believe it was Cole) took him out. The referees there picked up the penalty flag/

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Video please!!! I've heard Tech fans speak favorably of that play for DECADES. But I've never seen a video of the play.
    Per your earlier post, there is very little video of before about 2000. We're lucky to have the Stallworth to Cangelosi few seconds. Nothing on our earlier defeat of 'Bama in 1997. Of course their beat down of us in 1967 has a lot more time.

But speaking of the Bradshaw to Liberto bomb, I was lucky enough to be there. Interestingly the scapegoat defensive coach was Gene Knecht, a Tech Alumni.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

How can I find 1973 games of 1974 i am looking for defensive play. Thanks

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

For all you younger guys looking at the 60's and 70's videos, life looked exactly like what you see in the video. Everything was a fuzzy black and white.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread