+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What Are Your All-Time Favorite Plays for LA Tech, Regardless of Sport?

MVSU fans were so cocky! They were 11-0 and ranked #1 in the nation in I-AA, we were 7-4 and barely made the playoffs. Several MVSU fans were right in front of me...man! they were loud, obnoxious...before the game, and until midway of the 1st Qtr. They grew quiet as the game went on.

Jerry Rice was the best player on the field though. His electrifying TD just before the end of the half showed just how great he was, and was gonna be.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Jerry Rice was the best player on the field though. His electrifying TD just before the end of the half showed just how great he was, and was gonna be.
    That is probably the single most memorable play I have ever seen at Aillet Stadium.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    OMG!! Please tell us it didn't really happen that way.
    Believe it
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And that might be an understatement -

Unless you witnessed that game in person, there is no way to describe how good he was...

Could he of been the best player ever to step on the turf at JAS?

I would rank them - Rice, Dean and Barber - with Dean and Barber being 2A & 2B a good distance behind Rice
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Troy Edwards is on this list for college.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Troy Edwards is on this list for college.
    Probably #4
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And that might be an understatement -

Unless you witnessed that game in person, there is no way to describe how good he was...

Could he of been the best player ever to step on the turf at JAS?

I would rank them - Rice, Dean and Barber - with Dean and Barber being 2A & 2B a good distance behind Rice
    For college players, I wouldn't forget Daunte Culpepper in 1998. I was only 14 at the time, but I remember he was by far the best player on the field that day... and that included Rattay and Edwards.

"He got the season started on the right foot at Louisiana Tech by rolling up 439 yards of total offense (370 passing, 69 rushing) and accounted for six touchdowns (four passing, two rushing) as UCF won against the favored Bulldogs 64-30."

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Culpepper had all day to throw the ball. UCF's OL that year was probably the biggest we've ever seen in Aillet Stadium, they averaged about 6'-7" 310 across the line. Even the center was 6'-7" 325! Culpepper could really run too when needed and at 6'-4" 250 he was very difficult to tackle.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

NFL and CFL Hall of famers that I know played games at JAS include Bradshaw, Dean, Roaf, Dunnigan, and Rice. Any others?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I remember this play well. Hawaii’s QB would frequently run down the sideline like he was going out of bounds, but he wouldn’t. Cole put a stop to that in a big way. If my memory is correct, he broke his leg. https://youtu.be/AUqT3twLMXo

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I remember this play well. Hawaii’s QB would frequently run down the sideline like he was going out of bounds, but he wouldn’t. Cole put a stop to that in a big way. If my memory is correct, he broke his leg. https://youtu.be/AUqT3twLMXo
    I was at that game. That rainbow QB was strutting his stuff along the sideline with his map of Hawaii haircut before the game and being a real punk. I think I remember someone posting that they ran into June Jones at an airport shortly after that game and he was "what was that all about from TECH" as if we were supposed to just lay down and let them win. Pine Cones Rule!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    NFL and CFL Hall of famers that I know played games at JAS include Bradshaw, Dean, Roaf, Dunnigan, and Rice. Any others?
    None I can think off of the top of my head. If Case Keenum can live up to the hype I hear from Broncos fans, he’ll be next. Any fan of the Saints should hope Marcus Davenport is the next one up considering they traded their future for him!

And the Hawaii QB tore his ACL that play. That’s really even crazier than breaking your leg on a hit like that. Cole got him in his shoulder with so much force his knee gave in! I loved the hit, but felt bad for him. He was a big dude, too, if I’m not mistaken. Like 6’0 230 at QB

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Kyle Gibson at ULM hitting the corner three for the win was awesome. Rolle, Kenneth Cooper and a guard all fouled out beforehand. David Jackson got the ball on the wing with a couple seconds left, got smothered, and pitched it back to him in the corner in just enough time for him to shoot that smooth jumper. Net.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I was at that game. That rainbow QB was strutting his stuff along the sideline with his map of Hawaii haircut before the game and being a real punk. I think I remember someone posting that they ran into June Jones at an airport shortly after that game and he was "what was that all about from TECH" as if we were supposed to just lay down and let them win. Pine Cones Rule!
    Different game. We didn’t hurt colt Brennan, we lost that game in 07. We played them in a red out in 09, that’s when the injury to their QB happened. Adrien Cole was a senior in high school in 07.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Greg Alexander was the Hawaii QB. Cole literally broke that guy's body. Alexander later said during an interview (paraphrased) "Yeah, I should have just run out of bounds. I don't know what I was thinking. It was a clean hit."

+ Reply to Thread