+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball. Stone to be inducted into Ark-La-Tex Sports Museum of Champions Aug. 4

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Stone to be inducted into Ark-La-Tex Sports Museum of Champions Aug. 4

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech Class of 2013 Athletics Hall of Famer George Stone is among the five inductees into the Ark-La-Tex Sports Museum of Champions Saturday, Aug. 4, at 6:30 p.m. at the Shreveport Convention Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Stone to be inducted into Ark-La-Tex Sports Museum of Champions Aug. 4

Got to b the worst induction class ever. Any class with Stovall has to suck.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Stone to be inducted into Ark-La-Tex Sports Museum of Champions Aug. 4

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Got to b the worst induction class ever. Any class with Stovall has to suck.
    Why is Jerry Stovall being inducted? What's his claim to fame to be in this class? The article only says he was Tech's AD and LSU's head coach for a while. I didn't know just being employed was a valid reason for Hall of Fame status.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why is Jerry Stovall being inducted? What's his claim to fame to be in this class? The article only says he was Tech's AD and LSU's head coach for a while. I didn't know just being employed was a valid reason for Hall of Fame status.
    Stovall did finish runner-up in the Heisman one year and he is from West Monroe. Guess that's why he is being inducted. Now, if you are a Tech fan exclusively, he would not even have been considered from his dismal time as AD at Tech. George Stone lived down the hall from me in Mitchell Hall in 1965 and 1966. Good guy. I loved watching him shoot that left handed set shot back in the day and watching him pitch.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

IMO Stovall was only the LA Tech AD as a favor by Dan Reneau for political influence in Baton Rouge. Stovall was worthless as an AD. I hope to see a person who truly loves and cares about Louisiana Tech run our athletics department one day, instead of these people who so obviously see it only as a "step to help me move up to my next job".

+ Reply to Thread