+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1992 Honda Prelude for sale

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1992 Honda Prelude for sale

Any tinkerers, self-proclaimed great car mechanics here? If so, I have the car for you!

A real collector's favorite, 1992 Prelude. Has engine issues. I'll provide details to anyone interested.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 1992 Honda Prelude for sale

It is a classic! Fixer upper...

"eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

Champ weunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of lightweunice is a glorious beacon of light weunice's Avatar

I wish I could be interested. I miss mine ... Is it an SI or a VTEC?

I sold my 93 SI when my second son was born. It wasn't a world beater but it was a totally fun car to drive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's a VTEC.

Question: the VTEC has a separate solenoid sitting just behind the head. Every pic, every schematic I have seen shows that solenoid as a metal cylinder with the wires attached to the bottom. My car has a plastic cap with the wires on the top of that metal cylinder. Is this a VTEC solenoid or not?

HAH! I was right. Turns out it is not a VTEC motor. I asked a mechanic, he said it was. He even gave the VIN to his contact at Mott Motors (Houston) and that guy initially said it was a VTEC. Didn't make sense to me, since it was absent that solenoid. Life lesson: do your own research and due diligence.

+ Reply to Thread