+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1992 Honda Prelude for sale

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1992 Honda Prelude for sale

Any tinkerers, self-proclaimed great car mechanics here? If so, I have the car for you!

A real collector's favorite, 1992 Prelude. Has engine issues. I'll provide details to anyone interested.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 1992 Honda Prelude for sale

It is a classic! Fixer upper...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I wish I could be interested. I miss mine ... Is it an SI or a VTEC?

I sold my 93 SI when my second son was born. It wasn't a world beater but it was a totally fun car to drive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's a VTEC.

Question: the VTEC has a separate solenoid sitting just behind the head. Every pic, every schematic I have seen shows that solenoid as a metal cylinder with the wires attached to the bottom. My car has a plastic cap with the wires on the top of that metal cylinder. Is this a VTEC solenoid or not?

HAH! I was right. Turns out it is not a VTEC motor. I asked a mechanic, he said it was. He even gave the VIN to his contact at Mott Motors (Houston) and that guy initially said it was a VTEC. Didn't make sense to me, since it was absent that solenoid. Life lesson: do your own research and due diligence.

BTW I sold, practically gave away, this car, and the new owner is thrilled! Turns out the engine woes was an easy fix. I'm glad it worked out that way. Fellow who bought it (er, took me to the cleaners!) is a youngster, a new dad, just starting out. His wife was very concerned her hubby had bought a junker he'd spend a bunch of money on, and never get it running. I was concerned about that too, and was prepared to buy it back. But! it's purring like a kitten.

+ Reply to Thread