Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
This is going to be painful for a while, especially if those in charge (read Pope Francis and the Curia) try to bunker down and are not transparent. I am angry that this happened, I am angry that this was covered up and I am angry that good priests, deacons and bishops are caught up in this wrongfully. I pray that hatred rises up out of this; hatred of sin, hatred of the selfish cover up and hatred of all the unholy. I am hurting over this but at the same time I am encouraged that a holy fire will rise out of this, awaken the body of Christ from its slumber and move the faithful to bring forth the kingdom.

I encourage you to read the former nuncio's letter. This is not a quick and easy scandal such as a tan suit, but as the letter/testimony indicates, this is a entrenched problem with specific details alleged. Another former nunciature official from DC gave a short statement of “Vigaṇ said the truth. That’s all.”

I also encourage you to listen to Fr. Peter's homily (sermon for you protestant fellows) from Shreveport from this past Sunday's Mass. I am having trouble linking it but it is on The Cathedral of St. John Berchman's Facebook page. Sorry for not actually providing it here.
I'll take a look. Thanks.