+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furniture on Interstates

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Furniture on Interstates

Last night I was coming back late, like close to midnight, from S'port on I-49. Near the Mansfield exit I look ahead and sitting right, smack dap across my lane is a sofa! A brand new, still wrapped in plastic, sofa! As if some idiots purposely placed it there. I had no choice but to hit it. The sofa splintered, wood snapping, breaking into pieces....just got up the coverage to take a close look at my Endeavor. Minimal damage. Tore the "paper" that cardboard-like stuff out of the bottom...well left it dangling by a single clip. And lost the housing around the left fog light. Light(s) still work. All cosmetic damage. Amazing.

So! did that brand new sofa fall off a truck? And if so, when? Didn't the truck driver notice he lost a brand new sofa? Wonder how long it was there. I recall there were two vehicles about a mile or so ahead of me, and a stupid three-wheel motorcycle with a bright Halogen headlight coming up behind me. In fact, that motorcycle contributed to my hitting the sofa, I had to adjust my side mirror because his light was so bright it was blinding me. It was just after I adjusted the mirror I returned my look ahead, and there it was. One of those vehicles ahead of me was a larger pick-up truck, like a 3/4 ton dually. I guess the sofa fell off that truck.

Is there a point to this post? YES!

1. never leave furniture on a highway
    2. be careful out there, things happen so fast

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Furniture on Interstates

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Last night I was coming back late, like close to midnight, from S'port on I-49. Near the Mansfield exit I look ahead and sitting right, smack dap across my lane is a sofa! A brand new, still wrapped in plastic, sofa! As if some idiots purposely placed it there. I had no choice but to hit it. The sofa splintered, wood snapping, breaking into pieces....just got up the coverage to take a close look at my Endeavor. Minimal damage. Tore the "paper" that cardboard-like stuff out of the bottom...well left it dangling by a single clip. And lost the housing around the left fog light. Light(s) still work. All cosmetic damage. Amazing.

So! did that brand new sofa fall off a truck? And if so, when? Didn't the truck driver notice he lost a brand new sofa? Wonder how long it was there. I recall there were two vehicles about a mile or so ahead of me, and a stupid three-wheel motorcycle with a bright Halogen headlight coming up behind me. In fact, that motorcycle contributed to my hitting the sofa, I had to adjust my side mirror because his light was so bright it was blinding me. It was just after I adjusted the mirror I returned my look ahead, and there it was. One of those vehicles ahead of me was a larger pick-up truck, like a 3/4 ton dually. I guess the sofa fell off that truck.

Is there a point to this post? YES!

2. be careful out there, things happen so fast
    This is why my motorcycle stays in the garage after dusk. Even if I am in the right, I lose.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Dodging lost furniture is a necessary driving skill for surviving Houston interstates.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Dodging lost furniture is a necessary driving skill for surviving Houston interstates.
    Yeah, when a Houston interstate doesn't resemble a parking lot. It's easy to dodge furniture at 2 mph.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thank the Lord you weren't hurt.

Thanks. I truly believe I have a whole platoon of guardian angels watching over me.

(only explanation for my still being here)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I truly believe I have a whole platoon of guardian angels watching over me.

Likewise. God is good!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't have to be on an interstate or highway, either. Once I was stopped at a red light in Garland, TX, when a pickup truck headed in my direction had the left turn arrow and made the turn in front of me. It was an A/C repair truck. Stuff started falling out of the bed of the truck just as I got the green light. I was proceeding forward when a barrage of A/C parts and pieces headed towards me. I could not stop fast enough and ran over most of it. It went under my truck and tore stuff up under the truck. The guy driving the truck never slowed up. I had to pull over to the side of the road and clear the junk from below my truck. The guy in the pickup took off. I don't know if he didn't realize he lost his load or he was hauling ass away from the accident.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Too bad you weren'f able to stop and get yourself a new sofa...even if you didn't need it, it would have been a sweet sell on SwapShop!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

And to know that you, HogDawg, and PawDawg have all lived well past the age of 30; there is no further proof necessary to confirm the existence of God and that he deeply loves and protects his children!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    And to know that you, HogDawg, and PawDawg have all lived well past the age of 30; there is no further proof necessary to confirm the existence of God and that he deeply loves and protects his children!

Fo Sho! He has taken care of me and mine!

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Too bad you weren'f able to stop and get yourself a new sofa...even if you didn't need it, it would have been a sweet sell on SwapShop!
    My daughter, who is in the process of getting her "own place," was like, Dad! I could have used a new sofa. Why did you have to hit it?

Not, oh Dad, glad you weren't hurt. Or even, glad the Endeavor wasn't damaged more. Nope! Why did I have to hit it....!!!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Something like this keeps creeping into my brain.

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Want!!!

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

well where else am I supposed to put it?

+ Reply to Thread