+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best NFL Fans: According to study by Emory professor

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Best NFL Fans: According to study by Emory professor

For your reading pleasure, an unbiased academic study:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-pat...142019728.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Best NFL Fans: According to study by Emory professor

All such studies have to be taken with the old "grain of salt." One can set up the criteria to get the results wanted, or else skew the results in a certain direction. We all know that. But, that said, I agree the Dallas Cowboys franchise has a large and loyal fan base. In fact, I have come to be more impressed with the Cowboys' fans given it's long, long, long run in mediocrity. They have....what, one playoff win in like 30 years, something like that? That's down in the KC Chief and Redskin territory. But, still better than the winless wonders like the Lions, Browns, and a few more.

Just looked at an article, published after the 2016 season, has the Cowboys 6th in wins over the previous 10 seasons, with 92. One place and one game better than the 7th place Saints who had 91 wins. So, 6th out of 32 teams ain't too bad.

Regardless of the actual numbers, there is no doubt the Cowboys as a sports franchise have built a brand that places them right up there in the NFL, and among the leaders in all sports' franchises across all sports.

That said....I still don't like 'em, or their fans (present company excluded since Cowboy fans here are also Tech fans, I like you guys).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

That said....I still don't like 'em, or their fans (present company excluded since Cowboy fans here are also Tech fans, I like you guys).
    What???? The cowgirl fans still don't know how to yell and cheer their collective arses off in that stadium yet. The fans sit on their hands in comparison to many NFL teams.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Can't comment on that aspect. I'll take your word for it.

I was referring to the sale of gear and paraphernalia, and Cowboys' fans "flying and wearing" the colors. Saw a SUV, Texas plates, parked at a Natchitoches restaurant decked out in decals, flags, etc... puke! Dallas Cowboy stuff all over it. This was over the weekend. The owners were easy to pick out...a couple, decked out in Cowboy gear. I have a Saints' cap I wear quite a lot, and some Saints' shirts, etc...but I usually don't wear those except during football season, and even then, I also wear Tech gear a lot.

Oh well....like lspoo fans, we have to also tolerate "cowgirl" fans. It's all good!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

All such studies have to be taken with the old "grain of salt." One can set up the criteria to get the results wanted, or else skew the results in a certain direction.
    I doubt that's what's up in the article, but I don't think much of his actual criteria. I would look at other things -- like the 84,000 people who are on the waiting list to get season tickets to the Broncos, for instance.

But, that said, I agree the Dallas Cowboys franchise has a large and loyal fan base. In fact, I have come to be more impressed with the Cowboys' fans given it's long, long, long run in mediocrity. They have....what, one playoff win in like 30 years, something like that? That's down in the KC Chief and Redskin territory. But, still better than the winless wonders like the Lions, Browns, and a few more.
    It's actually 2 in 20 (or 3 since the SB win in 95), but it's still bad. It does amuse me to hear people talk about Cowboys fans as front-runners, and then talk about how much the Cowboys suck. Those two things can't go together.

I'll admit I am a bit surprised that Cowboys fans have been as loyal as they have been. Jones has brought a rather long period of mediocrity by poor GM work. I used to say that he was a good owner but a poor GM, but any good owner would have fired a GM this bad by now. His entire success comes down to the Hershall Walker trade. Yet despite that, the Cowboys have remained at the top in sales and in out of town attendance -- heck, when they go to Arizona, they look like the home team in the stands.

Just looked at an article, published after the 2016 season, has the Cowboys 6th in wins over the previous 10 seasons, with 92. One place and one game better than the 7th place Saints who had 91 wins. So, 6th out of 32 teams ain't too bad.
    Problem is that it hasn't been reflected in post season success--which looks more like mediocrity than greatness.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I am convinced that Cowboys fandom is like McDonalds. We all ate happy meals when we were kids and so we all still have a side habit on McDonalds even though few of us will admit it. I submit the following evidence:

The Cowboys simply have the most recognizable logo that ties back to our childhood. You can hate them all you want but the brilliance of this marketing strategy will pay off until my generation is dead.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    We all ate happy meals when we were kids and so we all still have a side habit on McDonalds even though few of us will admit it.
    Now this I will agree with 100%.

+ Reply to Thread