+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Our Pitching Coach Again

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Lost Our Pitching Coach Again

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I'm guessing b/c he has way more experience than the other 2. I love that he was a MLB scout even if it was for 1 year...
    No, why use the description at all? It means nothing.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No, why use the description at all? It means nothing.
    I think a little more cash and assumes the decision making in a game if the head coach gets tossed.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Rice supposedly has $300k for baseball salary pool.

Barton made $80k here(not bad), and will make $160 there. Hard to say no to Rice in baseball and that kind of salary bump. No hard feelings, he did a great job.

Silva was up for the job last year as well but LB is close to Curry and I don't think wanted to do to him what usm coach pulled by taking Ostrander.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I don't think wanted to do to him what usm coach pulled by taking Ostrander.
    USM didn't snake Ostrander. Ostrander was leaving due to chemistry between him and LB. USM was also home to him. FWIW, I think Ostrander and our AD are more to blame that LB or USM was.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Ostrander was HC material
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Ostrander was HC material
    Not saying he was not, but our AD didn't think so. In his usual cowardice he named him "co-head coach" to appease the many fans who believed he would be and deserved the HC position after our AD picked a guy who was unproven in the SLC...

Now saying that, I witnessed Ostrander throw LB under the bus in a post game interview when LB was thrown out of a game which was typically, but possibly THE worst call any idiot C-USA Ump could ever make. I lost all respect for Ostrander after that FUBAR interview and knew he had no future at EllAyeTech.

+ Reply to Thread