+ Reply to Thread

Thread: all new latech.edu

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

all new latech.edu

The university's been working on this for a long time. Thoughts?

https://www.latech.edu

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: all new latech.edu

I see we updated the "Louisiana Tech University" font and wordmark with a rounder cleaner font than the Times New Roman-like font. It looks much better.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Need a link to a campus map and virtual tour. The front page needs to have more brightness , it is being shaded now.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Now if they can just update the news feed more than once every six months.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Should "Belong" be capitalized?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Looks amateurish to me.

And the whole "diversity" thingy... that is so tiring. Oh! look at us we're diverse! When I was a student at Tech way back in the 1970's (and I know we have BB&Bers older than me), it was "diverse." Who cares? If you want to attend Tech, or any school, and you're male, female, or are not sure, white, black, yellow (can I say that?), hail from Louisiana, some other state, or some other country, then do it! Actually, when I was there, we had an influx of displaced South Vietnamese. One, a certain young lady, was gorgeous! I made it a point to make her feel welcomed to Ruston.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

It works. Enough bling to be interesting and not horribly unintuitive to follow ... I wish there was less scrolling but that is just me. It is every website out there these days. Nothing special. Completely expected.

The real question is how does it look on a mobile device or a tablet. Sure enough, if I load it as a mobile device in Chrome it is very intuitive and gets you where you need to go quickly for the important things. I expect to scroll some on a mobile device so it works there. Website win.

That is how most prospective students are going to look at it and the responsive styles are usually more intuitive than the "full" versions. Mobile devices are running about half the browser share these days and it is likely more with the younger set. I can't stand most corporate "full" sites. They follow all the same website fads and are not terribly enamored with actually being useful.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The university's been working on this for a long time. Thoughts?

https://www.latech.edu
    I like this guy in the "Traditions" section.

+ Reply to Thread