+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strzok hearing

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Strzok hearing

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Watch it Guisslapp they will start altering your post. Don’t you know that Trump is untouchable on this board?
    What has been surprising is how ideologically malleable Republicans are. They just bob and weave with Trump’s feelings of the moment.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    If that is not a big deal, then why the big hullabaloo about who becomes a Supreme Court justice? Hey, we could just as well put a Russian KGB agent or Chinese communist party leader in there, because even though they would be biased to destroy the US, there is no reason to believe they would let that bias hinder them from doing their job properly...right?

Besides, there are suggestions of something WAY more active than just standard "bias" going on in those texts.

I sincerely doubt you really believe what you are saying. I refuse to think anyone can be that blinded by tribalism (even after I saw all the dems acting as his lawyer during the hearing).

Yeah, THIS is the worst of America you've been looking for.
    Everyone is biased. The evidence shows that Strzok didn’t let the bias impact the outcome. The IG has a 400+ page report saying as much. House Republicans (but not the Senate) are doing their best to sew doubt around the Mueller investigation because it serves Trump’s desires. That is all there is to it.

Regarding SCOTUS - it is a branch of government where ingrained ideologies are expected to influence outcomes - just like the other branches of government. They are subservient to no other check than the Constitution, which is vague enough to support many different ideologies.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Everyone is biased. The evidence shows that Strzok didn’t let the bias impact the outcome. The IG has a 400+ page report saying as much. House Republicans (but not the Senate) are doing their best to sew doubt around the Mueller investigation because it serves Trump’s desires. That is all there is to it.

Regarding SCOTUS - it is a branch of government where ingrained ideologies are expected to influence outcomes - just like the other branches of government. They are subservient to no other check than the Constitution, which is vague enough to support many different ideologies.
    No way, the bias of the republicans in the house in NO WAY keeps them from performing their duties.

I disagree with the analysis of the IG report. As a matter of fact, I find it rather comical.

What's all this BLM stuff alll about, too? Seems like these law enforcement officers are beyond reproach and never let their bias get in the way of enforcing the law.

You speak with forked tongue.

No way, the bias of the republicans in the house in NO WAY keeps them from performing their duties.

I disagree with the analysis of the IG report. As a matter of fact, I find it rather comical.

What's all this BLM stuff alll about, too? Seems like these law enforcement officers are beyond reproach and never let their bias get in the way of enforcing the law.

You speak with forked tongue.
    Actions speak the loudest.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

TRUISM ALERT!!!

Let's see, obummer/holden sold automatic weapons to the Mexican drug cartels, in the hopes some of those weapons would be used to murder Americans and there would be a public outcry to ban all such weapons.

Krooked Killary oversaw the sale of uranium to who...now, who was it? Hmmmm….?

obummer/killary either plotted the murder of Ambassador Stevens at Benghazi, or at best, they covered it up with their silly lies, that no one with an IQ higher than a sloth's believes.

obummer had the WORST economic record of any POTUS in our entire history.

obummer et al gave us that disaster that is obummercare.

Now, on the flip side...

Under President Trump the economy has turned around.

Unemployment rates for black, Hispanics, and women are at historic lows.

Still a lot of work to be done, but at least the world seems to have stepped away from the edge of the cliff of a nuclear exchange because of that lunatic in NOKO. Thanks to President Trump.

NATO squawked, but they have ponied up an additional $34 billion toward funding their own defense.

Yep....actions.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    So all of the Trump supporters should love the guy, right? After all, nobody does smug and arrogant better than Donald J.
    Fair point, although Trumps arrogance was one of the reasons I didn't vote for him.

I would say what Strzok displayed was more smug and arrogant than Trump, Obama, or both Clintons have displayed. That's hard to do.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

He came across as someone that understood this was a political investigation and those in charge of the inquisition were themselves too dumb and unethical to work for the FBI.
    You don't think he may have determined the validity of the congressional investigation before he appeared to testify do you.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    You don't think he may have determined the validity of the congressional investigation before he appeared to testify do you.
    I think everyone already knew what was going on. Even though the “investigation” was a political charade - and he likely he knew it - he willingly participated and gave his testimony.

I think everyone already knew what was going on. Even though the “investigation” was a political charade - and he likely he knew it - he willingly participated and gave his testimony.
    The "investigation" is not a polital charade, but the senate hearing was. The Mueller investigation IS a political charade.

Not saying there doesn't need to be an investigation into Russian meddling, but it doesn't need to be done by a special prosecutor. The SP implies collusion between Trump and the Russians, of which there is NO evidence, so the whole issue becomes a political circus instead of an investigation.

That said, Trump had a horrible press conference that made me remember the old Obama press conferences where he apologized to the world for American transgressions and blasted Israel at every stop in a hostile Islamic nation. My guess is that Bolton is slapping the crap out of him right now!

The "investigation" is not a polital charade, but the senate hearing was. The Mueller investigation IS a political charade.

Not saying there doesn't need to be an investigation into Russian meddling, but it doesn't need to be done by a special prosecutor. The SP implies collusion between Trump and the Russians, of which there is NO evidence, so the whole issue becomes a political circus instead of an investigation.

That said, Trump had a horrible press conference that made me remember the old Obama press conferences where he apologized to the world for American transgressions and blasted Israel at every stop in a hostile Islamic nation. My guess is that Bolton is slapping the crap out of him right now!
    That was very reminiscent of the Obama blame America tour. Obama would have handled the optics of this meeting with Putin much better though.

I don't think this was the earth shattering failure that many are claiming it to be, but I'm not sure what we are trying to accomplish with Russia anyways. Whatever it is I don't think today accomplished anything.

Trump created the need for a SP by his conduct and statements around the firing of Comey. Had he not said he did it for the “Russia thing” and then provided multiple other excuses, this would have never happened. But you can’t try to run law enforcement agencies like the mafioso without drawing major investigative scrutiny - and that is a good thing!

Trump created the need for a SP by his conduct and statements around the firing of Comey. Had he not said he did it for the “Russia thing” and then provided multiple other excuses, this would have never happened. But you can’t try to run law enforcement agencies like the mafioso without drawing major investigative scrutiny - and that is a good thing!
    BS

Ask yourself if this would have been going on had the reset button queen been elected. The answer is no.

You are really such a lemming. Dare to think for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That was very reminiscent of the Obama blame America tour. Obama would have handled the optics of this meeting with Putin much better though.

I don't think this was the earth shattering failure that many are claiming it to be, but I'm not sure what we are trying to accomplish with Russia anyways. Whatever it is I don't think today accomplished anything.
    I agree that this was not as bad as the pundits are saying. I have no issue with Trump not addressing the "Russia meddling" issue at all. That is a very stupid issue, and is only being front-paged to give the assumption that the other candidate is the true winner of the election. It is a non issue that nobody seemed to care about until Trump won, so it's to fuel the hyperventilating TDS sufferers (morons).

My issue was with him conflating Russia's misdeeds (that the past administrations let them get away with), like their recent invasions and involvement in Syria beyond eliminating ISIS, with internal issues here in the US. This was something he implied when he stated the relationship was poor between the US and Russia because of both countries. I thought he took his eye off of the prize when he did this.

I agree that this was not as bad as the pundits are saying. I have no issue with Trump not addressing the "Russia meddling" issue at all. That is a very stupid issue, and is only being front-paged to give the assumption that the other candidate is the true winner of the election. It is a non issue that nobody seemed to care about until Trump won, so it's to fuel the hyperventilating TDS sufferers (morons).

My issue was with him conflating Russia's misdeeds (that the past administrations let them get away with), like their recent invasions and involvement in Syria beyond eliminating ISIS, with internal issues here in the US. This was something he implied when he stated the relationship was poor between the US and Russia because of both countries. I thought he took his eye off of the prize when he did this.
    That was a major problem for me. His tweet basically said it's our fault that we don't have a relationship with Russia, then he said it's both countries fault. Sorry that is just ignorant. While you could argue the US hasn't done everything perfectly, it's hard to argue that our relationship is the result of anything but Russias actions. I like blaming Obama and Clinton for things as much as the next guy and they certainly could have done some things differently, but the actions I would have had them take would have pushed us farther from Russia in all likelihood.

I'll say again that I don't know what our goal is here. I suppose if we had a better relationship with Russia there could be an opportunity to exert influence over their actions towards other countries, but as long as Russia has China they don't particularly need us. I don't see any realistic outcome that benefits us.

Trump focuses on the economy, so maybe he is trying to cozy up to Russia for potential trade deals that will put pressure on our "allies" to reconsider some of Trumps demands.

+ Reply to Thread