+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football. LA Tech Picked Second in the West in C-USA Preseason Poll - latechsports.co

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Football. LA Tech Picked Second in the West in C-USA Preseason Poll - latechsport

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech kicked you azz last year too......until the last 1:30.

You need to understand, USM got very, very lucky winning that LA Tech game last year. I'm not saying USM didn't earn it, because you definitely did. You guys kept playing while Tech's guys were yuking it up on the sideline. But when all was said and done, LA Tech GAVE that game to USM much more than anything USM did to earn it.
    You lost that game because your QB went 11 for 28 with no TDs and 1 interception. There had to be someone better on the bench. We also rolled into that game with our backup QB. On paper y'all should get payback this year, but I see J'MAR is still the starting QB?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Football. LA Tech Picked Second in the West in C-USA Preseason Poll - latechsport

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    You lost that game because your QB went 11 for 28 with no TDs and 1 interception. There had to be someone better on the bench. We also rolled into that game with our backup QB. On paper y'all should get payback this year, but I see J'MAR is still the starting QB?
    And USM will likely be starting the guy that couldn't beat J'Mar out so he transferred. Or maybe one of your other 9 QBs on the roster will pan out.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Because, I wasn't that impressed with UNT LAST year like everybody else. Last year, UNT played on emotion, much more-so than talent, and got very, very lucky. For example, last year UNT won 4 games by 3 points or less, and were blown out in all 5 of their losses. And yet, even though UNT supposedly had one of the country's best offenses last season, they still only managed to beat a badly injured LA Tech team by 1 point. Mason Fine was 23/37, for 211 yds, with 1 TD and 1 INT. Okay QB stats, but not particularly impressive QB numbers from an All-CUSA QB.

Furthermore, UNT lost big (54-32) to an SMU team that a healthy LA Tech KILLED in the Frisco Bowl, and the Mean Green were blown out by FAU and Troy in the last two games of their 2017 season.

But somehow, even though UNT managed to embarrass itself in the CUSA championship game 41-17, and got blown out in their Bowl game with Troy 50-30, everybody is still picking them to win the West in 2018. I'm not buying it.
    Wouldn't you say FAU was head and shoulders above everyone else in this conference last year? Last year's Troy team may have been their best ever. UNT played SMU at the beginning of the year when Chad Morris was still the coach. I am just saying UNT brings back their entire team and on paper should be the favorite on our side. If it came down to Tech of UNT. I am pulling for Tech. It would take a miracle for USM to get in this discussion. We are tied for dead last in D1 for returning starters.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    And USM will likely be starting the guy that couldn't beat J'Mar out so he transferred. Or maybe one of your other 9 QBs on the roster will pan out.
    You are partially right. I think Griggs will start the year and he is a great QB. He is really injury prone and probably won't be starting by the time we meet y'all. Abraham will start when Griggs goes down and I can assure you he will go down. Same story as last year. Griggs was hurt by the time we played y'all.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wouldn't you say FAU was head and shoulders above everyone else in this conference last year? Last year's Troy team may have been their best ever. UNT played SMU at the beginning of the year when Chad Morris was still the coach. I am just saying UNT brings back their entire team and on paper should be the favorite on our side. If it came down to Tech of UNT. I am pulling for Tech. It would take a miracle for USM to get in this discussion. We are tied for dead last in D1 for returning starters.
    FAU was legit good last year. I suppose they'll be pretty good this year too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You understand Tech football better than some of our regulars 'round here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Oh, no question FAU was much better than the rest of us in 2017.

But to my point, UNT was no better than the rest of us. UNT just got lucky, lucky, lucky in 2017. That's how you win 4 games by less than 3 points under a new coach. Contrast that with LA Tech, who managed to lose 3 games by 1-point, and gave away the USM game in double OT. Was that poor coaching from a guy in his 5th yr at LA Tech? Or just bad luck? I'll let you an others decide.

+ Reply to Thread