+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

What was the reported attendance when HUD invited all the recruits to watch us brow beat them? I know, it rained on the drive down there, so all those crazy Cajuns stayed home.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Softball is important to the coon asses.
    Softball is the ony thing keeping them relevant in that contrived ranking system they invented called the "Pentaphlegm"...

Basically some Couyon decided that if he counted all of the softball wins in front oa the 300 or so fans who show up for those games, it could be selectively weighted in such a manner as to offset the USL football losses seen by thousands.

Then with some new common core math, a little Santeria Voo Doo and the right amount of selective reasoning, they could find a way to rank USL in such a manner that the'd be "on par" with P5 schools when it came to "fan opportunities to see a win"

Now, to buy into this polished turd, you have to throw out reason, commmon sense and accountability, but that doesn't matter. They still found a way to rank USL with the big boys. However, the most surprising thing about the whole excercise in mental masturbation is that they can actually keep a straight face when talking about it.

But, in the end, it all depends on the softball team winning to compensate for decades of USL football suckage...

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    LOL, USL reported attendance numbers are always fun to look at.

What was the reported attendance last year against ULM? I only ask because here's a screenshot from the Arkansas State website of the opening kick off between ULL and ULM last year...

What did you guys report, 29K?

The game must have been played on Halloween, as lots of your fans are apparently dressed as empty seats....
    If you know anything about seating cajun field, you know that's the northeast side of the stadium which is where visitor tickets are sold. Maybe Monroe's equipment managers should have brought their own maroon tarps.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Softball is the ony thing keeping them relevant in that contrived ranking system they invented called the "Pentaphlegm"...

Basically some Couyon decided that if he counted all of the softball wins in front oa the 300 or so fans who show up for those games, it could be selectively weighted in such a manner as to offset the USL football losses seen by thousands.

Then with some new common core math, a little Santeria Voo Doo and the right amount of selective reasoning, they could find a way to rank USL in such a manner that the'd be "on par" with P5 schools when it came to "fan opportunities to see a win"

Now, to buy into this polished turd, you have to throw out reason, commmon sense and accountability, but that doesn't matter. They still found a way to rank USL with the big boys. However, the most surprising thing about the whole excercise in mental masturbation is that they can actually keep a straight face when talking about it.

But, in the end, it all depends on the softball team winning to compensate for decades of USL football suckage...
    Agree with you 100% as far as the numbers being manipulated. That is done by a fan nothing to do with the university. Dude used to live right by one of my friends we get a good laugh every time it comes out.

Poke did you play with an O lineman that later became a world champion steer wrestler?

LOL, USL reported attendance numbers are always fun to look at.

What was the reported attendance last year against ULM? I only ask because here's a screenshot from the Arkansas State website of the opening kick off between ULL and ULM last year...

What did you guys report, 29K?

The game must have been played on Halloween, as lots of your fans are apparently dressed as empty seats....
    Here is a better complete view of the stadium.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2012/...n%20Field.aspx

Now show me your crowd of 30k plus?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Here is a better complete view of the stadium.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2012/...jun Field.aspx

Now show me your crowd of 30k plus?
    The visiting fans, blue & yellow, out-number the red-clad fans. Is that a Southern game? They do travel well.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The visiting fans, blue & yellow, out-number the red-clad fans. Is that a Southern game? They do travel well.
    Now that is just a stupid statement either you are blind or just a Meaux-ron.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Agree with you 100% as far as the numbers being manipulated. That is done by a fan nothing to do with the university. Dude used to live right by one of my friends we get a good laugh every time it comes out.

Poke did you play with an O lineman that later became a world champion steer wrestler?
    Mike came in as a freshman when I was Junior, I think. He was there for my last two years. Great guy. Has a line of bullshit ten miles long, never meets a stranger...I've only seen him at a loss for words once...

Back in the day, he had a pretty square head. I mean, like seriously...it was probably the squarest head, dimension wise, I've ever seen....He used to screw with one of our other centers unmercifully, and - in all honesty - the guy deserved it. However, Mike had been on his ass one night in a booray game in the dorm. We ran out of places to sit, so Mike was sitting on a couple of stacked milk crates....

He decides to leave earliy and as he's bidding adieu, the guy he'd been screwing with all night says, "Here, don't forget your helmet" and hands him a milk crate. It was awesome. Mike couldn't even formulate a reply. The look on his face was priceless. He knew he'd been owned on that one. I think everybody in the room laughed until they cried because of the look on his face and because the guy who came up with it NEVER managed to be funny. Except, for that ONE time...

It was priceless....

I'm sure Mike remember that, because I know everybody else in the room that night does!

Actually, I think this one is from USL vs Southern...and, yeah, it looks like there's at least as much blue and Gold there as Red...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/a5...69b6207233.jpg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Now that is just a stupid statement either you are blind or just a Meaux-ron.
    Neither, azzhole. So, I was right, and that is why you attempted to deflect away from the truth. Hell, look at all those empty seats on the west side. SU fans are packed in tight, with no gaps. Besides I have a very good friend, a former OT for the Jags, who was at that game. He says "we had as many fans there as they did." He was being generous. They out-numbered you.

Or, is that a pic of a game vs. McNeese, also blue & yellow? Either way, the visitors showed y'all up!

Actually, I think this one is from USL vs Southern...and, yeah, it looks like there's at least as much blue and Gold there as Red...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/a5...69b6207233.jpg
    SU fans travel well.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Mike came in as a freshman when I was Junior, I think. He was there for my last two years. Great guy. Has a line of bullshit ten miles long, never meets a stranger...I've only seen him at a loss for words once...

Back in the day, he had a pretty square head. I mean, like seriously...it was probably the squarest head, dimension wise, I've ever seen....He used to screw with one of our other centers unmercifully, and - in all honesty - the guy deserved it. However, Mike had been on his ass one night in a booray game in the dorm. We ran out of places to sit, so Mike was sitting on a couple of stacked milk crates....

He decides to leave earliy and as he's bidding adieu, the guy he'd been screwing with all night says, "Here, don't forget your helmet" and hands him a milk crate. It was awesome. Mike couldn't even formulate a reply. The look on his face was priceless. He knew he'd been owned on that one. I think everybody in the room laughed until they cried because of the look on his face and because the guy who came up with it NEVER managed to be funny. Except, for that ONE time...

It was priceless....

I'm sure Mike remember that, because I know everybody else in the room that night does!

It was priceless....

My mom was the oldest of 10 kids. I had an uncle who was, 3 years older than me, a verity good friend of Mike, and the center on the O line, with him in high school. Mike was at my grandparents house all the time. Its funny you mentioned his head, his nick name in high school was Cube Head.

Have you seen him lately? I saw him a couple of years ago at my grandfathers funeral. I hadn't seen him in probably 10 years or so, dude lost a ton of weight. That big ole m'fer that I always knew is freaking skinny. I didnt recognize him until he opened his mouth. You can't hide that voice.

Growing up in the 80s my grandfather had a bunch of cattle. One of the places he kept them, bayou Teche ran along side of it. Mike told him he'd come and help us work cattle. It's was a hot summer day. In the middle of the day Mike had apparently had enough, he spotted one of his friends outside, who lived on the other side of the bayou, he kicked his boots off, and swam across the bayou. We didnt see him again for a few weeks. To the day my grandfather died, when he would see Mike he'd tell that story, and tell Mike he still owed him a day.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Neither, azzhole. So, I was right, and that is why you attempted to deflect away from the truth. Hell, look at all those empty seats on the west side. SU fans are packed in tight, with no gaps. Besides I have a very good friend, a former OT for the Jags, who was at that game. He says "we had as many fans there as they did." He was being generous. They out-numbered you.

Or, is that a pic of a game vs. McNeese, also blue & yellow? Either way, the visitors showed y'all up!
    I was at that SU game and know what I saw, I don't care what your friend said. The cajuns fans have never been out numbered at home. That southern game was the closest with 43k in attendance, with SRO tickets sold people were everywhere. That night was a great atmosphere for college football. 43k at a G5 stadium against an HBU FCS team, I would venture to say that has probably happened nowhere else, in the history of college football.

Didn't y'all play SU a few years back? You have any pics of that game? I am sure your crowd was much bigger.

Could you post a pic of the last time LATech played in front of 43k when they weren't a visitor at a p5? Come on I'm waiting.
    Last edited by Kent; 08-12-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Didn't y'all play SU a few years back? You have any pics of that game? I am sure your crowd was much bigger.

Could you post a pic of the last time LATech played in front of 43k when they weren't a visitor at a p5? Come on I'm waiting.
    Attendance-ball is only meaningful as a function of surrounding population. Attendees at any sporting event in America -- from the NFC championship to 6yo t-ball-- are overwhelmingly from within a 30min drive. And as one of only a dozen FBS schools not located in a metro area, one wouldn't expect Tech to have particularly high average attendance. Ruston is a small-ish city in a sea of pine trees.

The Cajuns, on the other hand, are without excuse. With the size of the Laff metro, you really ought to be comparing yalls attendance to lsu, not Tech.

+ Reply to Thread