+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Here is video of the game vs. Miami in 2003. 43,279 in attendance. And 43,000 of those were Tech fans. Miami brought virtually no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6qPTwrquA
    I did not realize that. That is pretty awesome. Question if you can get 43k in shreveport and only 17K or so average in ruston why don't yall split the home season between the 2 stadiums?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I did not realize that. That is pretty awesome. Question if you can get 43k in shreveport and only 17K or so average in ruston why don't yall split the home season between the 2 stadiums?
    Typical coon ass...no reasoning skills.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I believe you're talking about Vince Wilfork, and the RB he chased down was a young Ryan Moats.
    Wilfork, yes! That's the mountain that could move like a....well, a mountain lion, he pounced! But, it was Moats? I don't remember it as being Moats. Thought it was another RB. Regardless, very impressive athletic play by Wilfork.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Typical coon ass...no reasoning skills.
    Explain? You guys are bragging about 40k plus crowds all were in Shreveport. 40k > 17K X 30 dollars a ticket. No brainer unless you don't like money. O I see it takes a coon ass to figure out which equals more money.

Or maybe its coon ass reasoning becaus we all know that those over 40K were there to see Miami and if you played your CUSA schedule in shreveport you'd probably get the same crowd your get in ruston. Shreveport > Lafayette

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Home bowl game? I don't recall LaLaff ever referring to NO as there home market as you do S-Port.

How can you be THE University of Louisiana if New Orleans isn't considered a home market?????

So you're saying that you're actually the University of South Central Louisiana afterall?

Geaux Muddogs!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Explain? You guys are bragging about 40k plus crowds all were in Shreveport. 40k > 17K X 30 dollars a ticket. No brainer unless you don't like money. O I see it takes a coon ass to figure out which equals more money.
    Did you completely miss the discussion on the correlation between attendance and local population?

Cuz I really dont want to go over it again.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wilfork, yes! That's the mountain that could move like a....well, a mountain lion, he pounced! But, it was Moats? I don't remember it as being Moats. Thought it was another RB. Regardless, very impressive athletic play by Wilfork.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=232402348

Moats touched the ball three times in that game for 44 yards. That first one was a rush for 41 yards down the right sideline. I remember it clearly. I thought he was gone. I was shocked he got chased down, even by someone from Miami, especially by a big defensive tackle! It was his first touch of the year after getting only 12 the previous year as a freshman. He got us inside the 20, but the drive stalled, and we settled for the first of three Josh Scobee field goals of the day.

The reason all of this is so vivid is I had met Moats over the summer. We had a mutual friend, and we started hanging out. I was working at The Tech Talk at the time, so I knew a good bit about the football team. I knew Ralph Davis was supposed to be the guy. Moats had calmly assured me it was his time. He wasn't arrogant or boastful. He just had a quiet confidence that he was the best RB on this team. He didn't begin the year as the starter, but he ended it with one of the better rushing years in Tech history and then followed it up with an even better junior season.

I still hate to think what-if had a few things not gone sideways in his personal life that made him leave early for the NFL, just what kind of season he would have had in 2005.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I rewatched, kind of, that game. I was there so this was the first time I watched the ESPN telecast. I found the play I was thinking of...it was a WR screen to D.J. Curry. Curry was gone, at least 40-50 yards, and maybe to the house if the Tech WRs down field could have made some kind of block. But the play gained only 8 yards because Wilfork...and that dude was HUGE!!!...tackled Curry just as he headed up field. Wilfork also got Moats once and Ralph Davis several times on plays that would have gained more, if not for Wilfork. It was on one of those plays that Lee Corso commented on how important it is for DLs to pursue from underneath, stopping long gainers.

That Miami game was very disappointing. 48-9.....yuck! Yes, UM was ranked #3 and coming off that controversial loss to Ohio State in OT in the BcS championship game, and yes, they were very, very good. But we were not that bad and should have made a better showing. In the 1st Qtr we got behind 21-3 and their scores were: a short field, after a McCown INT, a punt return, and an 80-yard fumble return, when we were about to score to make it 14-10, or at worst, 14-6. I don't think, even for a moment, we could have won that game. But it should have been more of a game.

And it also serves as reminder that we need more games against elite P5s at home, even if that means "home" will be Shreveport. We can't put 40K+ in Aillet. The 2012 game vs. Johnny Football and aTm is a classic.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of playing a marquee game in Shreveport. If we can get a top tier team to play in Shreveport every 4-5 years I would be happy. No conference games and no games against nonconference bottom feeders.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I like the idea of playing a marquee game in Shreveport. If we can get a top tier team to play in Shreveport every 4-5 years I would be happy. No conference games and no games against nonconference bottom feeders.
    Ruh-roh! Now you've done it!

But yes, I agree. Indy has a long history as Tech football's second home. If playing in S'port can bring Tech a top-10 matchup, I'm all for it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree. No SMUs or Tulsas. But how much do we make from 40,000 in Independence Stadium versus 30,000 at the Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I agree. No SMUs or Tulsas. But how much do we make from 40,000 in Independence Stadium versus 30,000 at the Joe?
    2001 SMU wasn't that bad. I'll even admit to rather enjoying 2010 vs. the G-Men.

But UTEP in 2002 (maybe 03?) was a low, low point.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Ruh-roh! Now you've done it!

But yes, I agree. Indy has a long history as Tech football's second home. If playing in S'port can bring Tech a top-10 matchup, I'm all for it.
    Our AD will probably move our (2-1) Baylor game to Shreveport. It's such a HORRIBLE deal already, only he could screw it up more.

Arkansas or OSU would work, but that won't happen. I really don't know of another P5 that would draw in S'Port who we might get a home and home with. 2 for 1 deals are not a good deal.

The 2001 SMU game had a pretty good crowd, and very good in tickets sold. There were nasty thunderstorms all over the area, and the forecast for the game was t-storms and heavy rain. While we could see lightning in the distance, it never rained a drop at the game. And in fact, there was a cooling breeze all night and made for a very pleasant evening, especially considering it was early September in Louisiana. It could have been a 100F. But, it was very nice.

That was also our very first official WAC game, which we won easily, something like 37-6 over the hapless 'stangs. Many local CFB fans were interested in the game as SMU still enjoyed the reputation of being a big-name school. Former member of the old Southwest Conference, with a rich history in college football. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'm guessing tix sold was around 32-35K and actual turnstile attendance was about 28K or so.

I also remember playing California State, The Hornets, at Indy Stadium. Larry Anderson took back the opening kickoff and the Dawgs were off and running to a 56-0 victory. Wasn't a particularly large crowd for that one.

+ Reply to Thread