+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Re: Guess who the only team without a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Yeah. We have some debt, but it's not in the same stratosphere as what the Cajuns are dealing with.

As of about a year ago, the debt service on the GO bonds and bank loan that the Cajuns had on their books was to the tune of $55 million over the next 26 years. There is talk in Lafayette about a renovation to Cajun Field, but it's doubtful the Board of Regents allows any debt to be floated for it until the current debt is either paid off or dramatically reduced.
    Renovate Cajun Field by turning it into a solid waste landfill.

That way it'll serve a useful purpose for the Lafayette tax payers....

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Still the best comment on this thread.
    impressive that hogdawg praising hogdawg post as best when the legendary Houston is giving information rather usual garbage

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Dogsince65... I appreciate the dog out of you!! Stay positive brother... Tech grows with people like you and falls without people like you. True Blue! Don't let them sour you on this program.
    thanks-- 11,838 posts without anything to say! one with 48,000 posts just does not impress me -- my roots with Tech goes back to 1965 and my logo says it all-- I am Sunshine pumper and we have enough know it all negative posters -- somehow having an athletic scholarship with your name on it is overused when you assume all 11,838 have been read ... it says so on logo. 4 brother grad Tech Son grad Tech Granddaughter sophomore Tech -I taught English -Tech on grad assistantship and been a die hard since 1965 -- missed about 5 games over those years and never missed a bowl game. My only regret about BBB is how many Bulldogs quit reading BBB because of the negativity -- trying to be CNN

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Huds record was 51-38. I know what I saw.
    I usually resist the temptation but I just can't

Did you see those last two ass kickings? And the ten before that?

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Advertiser is what our president calls "fake news."

Skip's base salary is $200,000 greater than what your The Advertiser is reporting: $700,000.

And ULL's assistant coach salary pool is $1.73 million. Not $2 million.

Here are the facts:

No. Coach ULL Salary
    Roberts
    $325,000
    Sale
    $325,000
    Juluke
    $200,000
    Leger
    $145,000
    Powledge
    $145,000
    Segrest
    $145,000
    Toney
    $145,000
    Looney
    $100,000
    Desormeaux
    $100,000
    Etheridge
    $100,000
    TOTAL
    $1,730,000
    First of all not a one of those guys have ever coached at the school you mentioned to my knowledge. Not sure where it is. S0 anyway since I recognize the coaches names, I'll assume it was a type o. You've got 1.7 million right there on the field. One thing Napier has done, in an effort to copy is mentor Nick, is hire more off of the field football staff. Not S&C, SID, managers and trainers as previous mentioned. He has a director of player personnel, he has an on campus recruiting position, a director of football operations, to go along offensive and defensive quality control positions, much like Bama and other P5s. He has more eyes and ears on this program than it ever has had before. I read one article, out of an Alabama publication, that states "Napier is bringing the Saban process to Cajun country", just with a few less bucks to do so.

I never once said that all 2 mill was accounted for with on field coaches. I just said he had 2 mil to assemble a football staff, which includes several off of the field positions as well. That is not just a Nick thing, all schools who can afford to does, that. But I guess according to one Jack Leg on here they all have to over pay to get a good staff.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Yeah. We have some debt, but it's not in the same stratosphere as what the Cajuns are dealing with.

As of about a year ago, the debt service on the GO bonds and bank loan that the Cajuns had on their books was to the tune of $55 million over the next 26 years. There is talk in Lafayette about a renovation to Cajun Field, but it's doubtful the Board of Regents allows any debt to be floated for it until the current debt is either paid off or dramatically reduced.
    You should change your user name to CNN because you are full of false information AKA fake news. You comparing the campus construction debt to athletic cost. All athletic facility upgrades have come from private donors.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I usually resist the temptation but I just can't

Did you see those last two ass kickings? And the ten before that?
    Yes I did see those. Very embarrassing to lose to the smaller schools within your system. That is what happens when there was no one to fire Doc Ray who hung around for 30 plus years. I am glad we got a new admin and athletic director that won't tolerate that kind of mediocrity any more. Keep looking back, those were the good ole days. I sincerely hoped you enjoyed them.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

First of all not a one of those guys have ever coached at the school you mentioned to my knowledge. Not sure where it is. S0 anyway since I recognize the coaches names, I'll assume it was a type o. You've got 1.7 million right there on the field. One thing Napier has done, in an effort to copy is mentor Nick, is hire more off of the field football staff. Not S&C, SID, managers and trainers as previous mentioned. He has a director of player personnel, he has an on campus recruiting position, a director of football operations, to go along offensive and defensive quality control positions, much like Bama and other P5s. He has more eyes and ears on this program than it ever has had before. I read one article, out of an Alabama publication, that states "Napier is bringing the Saban process to Cajun country", just with a few less bucks to do so.

I never once said that all 2 mill was accounted for with on field coaches. I just said he had 2 mil to assemble a football staff, which includes several off of the field positions as well. That is not just a Nick thing, all schools who can afford to does, that. But I guess according to one Jack Leg on here they all have to over pay to get a good staff.
    I draw your attention to the Louisiana Legislature's Act 45 of 1995. Perhaps that'll enlighten you as to the identity and location of UL@L. You didn't graduate from college in Lafayette, did you??

Louisiana Legislative Act 45 (Senate Bill 843)
    Senators: Cecil J. Picard and Armand J. Brinkhaus
    Representatives: McDonald, McFerren, Montgomery, and Thompson

Policy Number: M-(2)
    University of Louisiana System
    Title: NAME CHANGE POLICIES
    AND GUIDELINES
    Effective Date: September, 1998
    Cancellation: None
    Chapter: Miscellaneous

Policy and Procedures Memorandum Preface

Act 45 (Appendix A) of the 1995 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature (Senate Bill
    843 by Picard and Brinkhaus, and Representatives McDonald, McFerren, Montgomery and
    Thompson) officially named the system of institutions under the supervision and management of the
    Board of Trustees for State Colleges and Universities the “University of Louisiana System.” The Act
    also authorized the Board of Trustees and Board of Regents to approve the change of name of any
    university within the System to the “University of Louisiana at (its geographic location)” provided no
    less than two institutions make a request for and are approved to change the institutional names.
    In order to facilitate the provisions of Act 45, institutions should adhere to the following
    guidelines:

I. Institutional Status

Each institution within the University of Louisiana System has a distinct character
    based upon its role, scope, mission and the educational needs of the population it serves. The
    Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) and Carnegie classification systems shall be
    used to illustrate distinctions and differentiations among member institutions and shall not be
    used to imply explicitly or implicitly a hierarchy of member institutional rankings.

NAME CHANGE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES

There shall be no institution designated as the main (primary) campus for the
    University of Louisiana System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as
    “flagship,” “lead,” “main,” or by other similar descriptors is prohibited.

II. Institution Name Change Procedure
    Any university within the University of Louisiana System wishing to change its name
    shall utilize the following procedure:

A. The university president shall appoint a study committee composed of representatives
    from the student body, staff, faculty, alumni and community (non-alumni) to assess
    the favorability of the name change for the institution. For Grambling State
    University, a procedure is prescribed in Louisiana Act 45 of 1995, Section 1.(e).

B. Following a favorable recommendation by the study committee, the president of the
    university must submit a formal letter of application to the System office for Board of
    Trustees approval. The application must be received at least 30 days prior to Board
    meeting date. The application must be accompanied by the following:
    1. evidence of support for the name change,
    2. a plan for publicizing and marketing the name change,
    3. copy of the proposed logo and/or seal (to be approved by the Board), and
    4. a description of plans for publication and commercial use of the logo/seal
    and name.

C. Following approval by the Board of Trustees, the request shall be submitted to the
    Board of Regents.

III. University and System Name Guidelines

All institutions within the University of Louisiana System are to comply with the
    following precepts and guidelines set forth to govern and coordinate the use of the University
    of Louisiana name and logo:

A. As previously stated, there is no main campus for the University of Louisiana
    System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as “flagship,”
    “lead,” “main,” or other similar descriptor is prohibited.

B. The use of the University of Louisiana System logo and/or the phrase “University of
    Louisiana System” by an institution for commercial purposes or general use must
    have prior approval by the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana
    System.

C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations
    (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic,
    public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the
    University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the
    municipal location of the institution. For example, ULR is appropriate for University
    of Louisiana at Rayne.

D. All uses of the name “University of Louisiana” must be followed by the word “at”
    and the institution’s geographic location. No typographic variations within the name
    are permitted. The word “at” must be no less than 50% and the geographic location
    must not exceed 100% nor be less than 80% of the University of Louisiana name.
    Any institutional use of “University of Louisiana” without the “at” and geographic
    location is prohibited.

E. All institutions, whether or not their names are changed to the University of
    Louisiana designation, must use the wording “A Member of the University of
    Louisiana System” prominently on all stationery as well as on title pages of
    university/college catalogs, magazines, newspapers, and journals.

F. Any adaptation of the University of Louisiana System logo and seal to university use
    must be reviewed and approved prior to their use by the System office and the Board.

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

The University of Louisiana @ Delusions of Grandeur has a nice ring to it....

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did see those. Very embarrassing to lose to the smaller schools within your system. That is what happens when there was no one to fire Doc Ray who hung around for 30 plus years. I am glad we got a new admin and athletic director that won't tolerate that kind of mediocrity any more. Keep looking back, those were the good ole days. I sincerely hoped you enjoyed them.
    I'm sure if I looked I could find some of your comments boasting about Hud when he was there. It's better to compare your football program to ULM at this point because we own yall.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Kent:

FormerPokeCenter posted this yesterday about the Hudspeth era in Lafayette: I'll quote him: Mark Hudspeth rode his .449 Ragin Cajun winning percentage all the way from being Associate Head coach at Mississippi State to irrelevance, obscurity and disgrace. He had a few stops at academic fraud, improper payments and NCAA rules violations along the way.

Also, signing day in December came and went without a single signee.

Again, I admire your enthusiasm. But FPC's statement is a good indicator of how the Cajun program is viewed outside the Acadiana area and even within the Acadiana era by other fanbases, the LSU fanbase in particular. It's not what Ricky Bustle inherited, but it's still pretty low. Rock bottom is a fairly accurate statement. The Cajun program really needs to get on the field and win some games for that to change.
    "Signing day came and went in December.....". What does that have to do with anything? Our coach was hired in mid December and had no staff in place. He choose not to sign any with out his staff's input. When he was hired 70% of the pool of candidates were gone and they did quite well considering. 2019 will be his first real class. Stay tuned, currently only 2 G5 schools rank ahead of the school in Lafayette, according to 247 sports.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    I draw your attention to the Louisiana Legislature's Act 45 of 1995. Perhaps that'll enlighten you as to the identity and location of UL@L. You didn't graduate from college in Lafayette, did you??

Louisiana Legislative Act 45 (Senate Bill 843)
    Senators: Cecil J. Picard and Armand J. Brinkhaus
    Representatives: McDonald, McFerren, Montgomery, and Thompson

Policy Number: M-(2)
    University of Louisiana System
    Title: NAME CHANGE POLICIES
    AND GUIDELINES
    Effective Date: September, 1998
    Cancellation: None
    Chapter: Miscellaneous

Policy and Procedures Memorandum Preface

Act 45 (Appendix A) of the 1995 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature (Senate Bill
    843 by Picard and Brinkhaus, and Representatives McDonald, McFerren, Montgomery and
    Thompson) officially named the system of institutions under the supervision and management of the
    Board of Trustees for State Colleges and Universities the “University of Louisiana System.” The Act
    also authorized the Board of Trustees and Board of Regents to approve the change of name of any
    university within the System to the “University of Louisiana at (its geographic location)” provided no
    less than two institutions make a request for and are approved to change the institutional names.
    In order to facilitate the provisions of Act 45, institutions should adhere to the following
    guidelines:

I. Institutional Status

Each institution within the University of Louisiana System has a distinct character
    based upon its role, scope, mission and the educational needs of the population it serves. The
    Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) and Carnegie classification systems shall be
    used to illustrate distinctions and differentiations among member institutions and shall not be
    used to imply explicitly or implicitly a hierarchy of member institutional rankings.

There shall be no institution designated as the main (primary) campus for the
    University of Louisiana System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as
    “flagship,” “lead,” “main,” or by other similar descriptors is prohibited.

II. Institution Name Change Procedure
    Any university within the University of Louisiana System wishing to change its name
    shall utilize the following procedure:

A. The university president shall appoint a study committee composed of representatives
    from the student body, staff, faculty, alumni and community (non-alumni) to assess
    the favorability of the name change for the institution. For Grambling State
    University, a procedure is prescribed in Louisiana Act 45 of 1995, Section 1.(e).

B. Following a favorable recommendation by the study committee, the president of the
    university must submit a formal letter of application to the System office for Board of
    Trustees approval. The application must be received at least 30 days prior to Board
    meeting date. The application must be accompanied by the following:
    1. evidence of support for the name change,
    2. a plan for publicizing and marketing the name change,
    3. copy of the proposed logo and/or seal (to be approved by the Board), and
    4. a description of plans for publication and commercial use of the logo/seal
    and name.

C. Following approval by the Board of Trustees, the request shall be submitted to the
    Board of Regents.

III. University and System Name Guidelines

All institutions within the University of Louisiana System are to comply with the
    following precepts and guidelines set forth to govern and coordinate the use of the University
    of Louisiana name and logo:

A. As previously stated, there is no main campus for the University of Louisiana
    System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as “flagship,”
    “lead,” “main,” or other similar descriptor is prohibited.

B. The use of the University of Louisiana System logo and/or the phrase “University of
    Louisiana System” by an institution for commercial purposes or general use must
    have prior approval by the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana
    System.

C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations
    (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic,
    public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the
    University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the
    municipal location of the institution. For example, ULR is appropriate for University
    of Louisiana at Rayne.

D. All uses of the name “University of Louisiana” must be followed by the word “at”
    and the institution’s geographic location. No typographic variations within the name
    are permitted. The word “at” must be no less than 50% and the geographic location
    must not exceed 100% nor be less than 80% of the University of Louisiana name.
    Any institutional use of “University of Louisiana” without the “at” and geographic
    location is prohibited.

E. All institutions, whether or not their names are changed to the University of
    Louisiana designation, must use the wording “A Member of the University of
    Louisiana System” prominently on all stationery as well as on title pages of
    university/college catalogs, magazines, newspapers, and journals.

F. Any adaptation of the University of Louisiana System logo and seal to university use
    must be reviewed and approved prior to their use by the System office and the Board.

]
    You ever went 75 in a 70 and got stopped? Yep. I thought not. Thats about how much weight that law holds in athletic branding. It is completely an academic thing. You do know that law was passed to change the University of Louisiana's name to USL. First time ever the legislature stepped in to reverse a legal name change. The judge in the appeals case was an LSU alum and would not recuse himself from the trial. Louisiana shady politics at its best.

]
    You ever went 75 in a 70 and got stopped? Yep. I thought not. Thats about how much weight that law holds in athletic branding. It is completely an academic thing. You do know that law was passed to change the University of Louisiana's name to USL. First time ever the legislature stepped in to reverse a legal name change. The judge in the appeals case was an LSU alum and would not recuse himself from the trial. Louisiana shady politics at its best.
    I thought you didn't like to look at the past?

The 1984 Court Decision is old news.

What did the Louisiana Legislature say?

And, thank you for admitting that the UL@L is - institutionally - a scoflaw.

Coincidentally, do you guys still have a brick honoring Al Queda terrorist Wadih El Hage in your walk of honor?

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

You should change your user name to CNN because you are full of false information AKA fake news. You comparing the campus construction debt to athletic cost. All athletic facility upgrades have come from private donors.
    I’m sorry Kent, this may be hard to read... and I’m sure you’ll want to call a legislative auditor’s report fake news. You just keep on believing that some unknown rich donors pulled $50+ million out of their butts in the past few years while living on a $28.3 million athletic budget, of which $12.8 million comes straight from the university.

https://www.lla.la.gov/PublicReports.nsf/3C0EEB8AA7EB6B7A862581F5005FCF1E/$FILE/00016CEB.pdf

I didn’t take the time to add precisely, but it’s around $52 million in bonds and loans for athletic facilities in the last few years from what I can tell. It appears that private donations covered amounts spent in excess of the bond issuance. Really only three major projects with bonds or loans for athletics... indoor facility, Cajundome, and baseball field.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    I’m sorry Kent, this may be hard to read... and I’m sure you’ll want to call a legislative auditor’s report fake news. You just keep on believing that some unknown rich donors pulled $50+ million out of their butts in the past few years while living on a $28.3 million athletic budget, of which $12.8 million comes straight from the university.

https://www.lla.la.gov/PublicReports.nsf/3C0EEB8AA7EB6B7A862581F5005FCF1E/$FILE/00016CEB.pdf

I didn’t take the time to add precisely, but it’s around $52 million in bonds and loans for athletic facilities in the last few years from what I can tell. It appears that private donations covered amounts spent in excess of the bond issuance. Really only three major projects with bonds or loans for athletics... indoor facility, Cajundome, and baseball field.
    "Paying Interest on Mediocrity: The USL Story.."

+ Reply to Thread