+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Softball is important to the coon asses.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I'll take your nice baseball facility. The entrance behind home plate is an awesome view . . . and the lower level home plate seating.

However, you'd need to add coaches offices and meeting rooms.

Also, remove the awesome debt (as one RCAF board member/banker/friend shared with me.)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I would take our 39k seat football stadium everyday over yours also.
    Now if only you could fill it when you schedule somebody other than McNeese and Southern...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't this thread degenerated to the point where it should be in the Pit? A ULLer trying to convert us all to disciples? Give me a break. I turned down USL AND the school in Baton Rouge decades ago and time has only confirmed the wisdom of the decisions. Who would want to associate with a school that as an institution promotes with its very name and "branding" not adhering to the law?

Oooo, I want to go to a school that urges me to be something I'm not and find moral justification to support the lie. A narcissistic institution that does what all narcissist do: tell the lie over and over and over in hopes of convincing everyone the lie is the truth. Self-agrandizing itself in the face of the lie.

Do what you want ULL & ULLer. Tell the lie and try to convince everyone else the lie is true. But it won't fly here and it never will. Your school is a dishonest scoff-law, led by leaders who took a bad path decades ago. Leaders who in recent years doubled down on the lie and shined a bright light on it which puts you are in the unenviable position of defending their bad, equivocated decisions. I get you like and maybe love your school. But I have to think you'd rather not have to keep defending this ridiculous name situation. It's a lie, you know it and you're going to defend it but this isn't the venue for your ridiculous arguments.

In a lot of ways you seem a good guy and I'm fine with a lot of your posts. Wouldn't mind you posting in the future. But touting your school and defending what you say your school's name is on this board is REALLY STUPID.

To the Pit!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Different strokes for different folks. I cannot think of one I'd trade with you. Not sure when was the last time you've been on our campus or had a tour through our new APC.

Many coaches who have seen our 100k sq ft facility that houses the football locker room, training, equipment rooms, coaches offices, players lounge and 13k sqft weight room, say it is every bit as good and even better than most P5 facilities that they have been in. I would definitely keep that.

I would take our newly renovated Cajun Dome any day of the week. The only basket ball arena better in this state has a professional team in it. Check.

Not sure why you rather your softball, track or soccer facilities more than ours, maybe you can explain? I have passed right by yours once every 2 months, for the last 8 years. Maybe you can explain what you like better about the ones in Ruston over the ones in Lafayette? I just don't under stand why you wouldn't trade in a heartbeat? Maybe you've never seen ours since they have been reconstructed?

I would also take our indoor practice facility complete with a 100yd regulation size football field, and batting cages, over what ever it is y'all do when afternoon thunder storms brew up, during practice on game week

I will give you the football press box and luxury boxes as of today. Only because we haven't gotten to that part of the master plan yet. But in the drawings I saw once complete, it won't even be close. I walked on y'all field during the summer, is it just me, but IMO that press box you all put on top of the stadium, just don't go together? I don't know why it just looks awkward.

I know, first hand, from a student athlete being recruted, that toured both schools this summer, living conditions for athletes are much better in Lafayette. Tell you the truth that is what changed his mind on his commitment.

So you would only trade baseball? It is not my fault you don't want better facilities across the board. You should demand better.
    I absolutely want better facilities across the board, trading facilities with ULL wouldn't accomplish that for me. Like I said the baseball stadium is a significant upgrade over Techs. I have not been impressed with the Cajun dome or the football stadium. Can't say I have spent much time in either schools softball, soccer, or track facilities so if ULL has much nicer facilities I wouldn't know it and you could swap them back and forth without me ever finding out about it.
    Surprised to hear the living conditions are much better in Lafayette. I wouldn't mind checking out the living arrangements at ULL if they are much better than Tech's. The apartment style dorms at Tech are fantastic. I would have lived on campus had those been available when I was in school.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Why? It aint like yall are using it?

ULL 2017 avg attendance ~ 16k
    Lafayette Parish ~ 225k
    ULL games / local pop ~ 7%

Tech 2017 attendance ~ 20k
    Lincoln Parish ~ 47k
    Tech games / local pop ~ 43%

Quote Originally Posted by Kent
    IMO that press box you all put on top of the stadium, just don't go together? I don't know why it just looks awkward.
    Ok yeah, I'm with you on this one. Credit where it's due.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Softball is important to the coon asses.
    Yep. If your school was a consistent super regional and world seris competitor I am sure you'd care too. Typical Tech if we suck it don't matter.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yep. If your school was a consistent super regional and world seris competitor I am sure you'd care too. Typical Tech if we suck it don't matter.
    Seriously, what has softball success done for your athletic department?

NOTHING financially.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I absolutely want better facilities across the board, trading facilities with ULL wouldn't accomplish that for me. Like I said the baseball stadium is a significant upgrade over Techs. I have not been impressed with the Cajun dome or the football stadium. Can't say I have spent much time in either schools softball, soccer, or track facilities so if ULL has much nicer facilities I wouldn't know it and you could swap them back and forth without me ever finding out about it.
    Surprised to hear the living conditions are much better in Lafayette. I wouldn't mind checking out the living arrangements at ULL if they are much better than Tech's. The apartment style dorms at Tech are fantastic. I would have lived on campus had those been available when I was in school.
    The dorms at the school in Lafayette (avoiding sensorship) that my nephew saw has a private bed room, and bath and a common living room shared with one other roommate and a full kitchen. If Techs has that they should have showed him. Kid is a very finicky eater and the kitchen made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Why? It aint like yall are using it?

ULL 2017 avg attendance ~ 16k
    Lafayette Parish ~ 225k
    ULL games / local pop ~ 7%

Tech 2017 attendance ~ 20k
    Lincoln Parish ~ 47k
    Tech games / local pop ~ 43%

Ok yeah, I'm with you on this one. Credit where it's due.
    I like the way you picked our worst year in the last 7 after all the support from Hud was going and it showed. We have had crowds against Florida international on a saturday in october of 31k. You couldn't draw that on your best day even if you were playing neighboring Grambling or ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Seriously, what has softball success done for your athletic department?

NOTHING financially.
    It supports itself which only a hand full of schools can say. It has drawn interest in the community to where it wasn't a drain to renovate the stadium or build the brand new hitting facilities. All were done with private funds. If they sucked no one would care. It has been in nationally televised super regionals and college world series several times. You go ahead and price a 2hr commercial for your school and tell me what it is worth.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I like the way you picked our worst year in the last 7 after all the support from Hud was going and it showed. We have had crowds against Florida international on a saturday in october of 31k. You couldn't draw that on your best day even if you were playing neighboring Grambling or ULM.
    It was last year. Hardly an arbitrary figure. But pick a different year, or a rolling average. Either way, it scarcely moves the needle as a function of surrounding population. A single 31k game, while commendable, is still not that impressive in the context of a mid-size metro.

Gameday is Ruston is THE place to be. Gameday in Lafayette is something to do if lsu has a bye and you cant find anything on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    Now if only you could fill it when you schedule somebody other than McNeese and Southern...
    We have had over 30k crowds with several schools that weren't SU or MSU. We had over 30k against N. Tx, Ark St, NMSU and I wont mention Tx A&M, Alabama and Tulane since those have more noted names. Funny you should ask when we will fill it up with someone other than your pokes and the jags. Your biggest crowd was in 1976 of only 27k against the cajuns. So when will you exceed that with another opponent? For you Tech guys your largest crowd ever was 28k against ULM. We have drawn more against freaking New Mexico st than you can against ULM 30 miles away. If you want a reason to schedule ULM in the future there it is $$$$. But y'all are to ignorant to see it.

Poke when were you a center for the Cowboys? (I assume football center?). I have a good family friend that was an OT back in the mid to late 80s in Lake Chuck.

Please don't come here with that parish comparison crap. Don't you guys claim S-port? Well which way is it? You ever here of Stark vegas or Manhattan Ks the little apple they are from very small cities / counties.
    Last edited by Kent; 08-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    It was last year. Hardly an arbitrary figure. But pick a different year, or a rolling average. Either way, it scarcely moves the needle as a function of surrounding population. A single 31k game, while commendable, is still not that impressive in the context of a mid-size metro.

Gameday is Ruston is THE place to be. Gameday in Lafayette is something to do if lsu has a bye and you cant find anything on Netflix.
    Here are some other years you could have looked at the average:
    2011 - 29k
    12- 22.8K
    13- 25.9K
    !4 - 25.7K
    15 - 21.5K
    16 - 20k

If we are being fair with one another, all of college sports attendance are in decline. I heard Jordy Holtberg talking with a guy from lsuambr yesterday on his show, and their attendance has been in decline over the past 7 or so years, so they are offering new package deals they haven't offered in the past.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Here are some other years you could have looked at the average:
    2011 - 29k
    12- 22.8K
    13- 25.9K
    !4 - 25.7K
    15 - 21.5K
    16 - 20k

If we are being fair with one another, all of college sports attendance are in decline. I heard Jordy Holtberg talking with a guy from lsuambr yesterday on his show, and their attendance has been in decline over the past 7 or so years, so they are offering new package deals they haven't offered in the past.
    LOL, USL reported attendance numbers are always fun to look at.

What was the reported attendance last year against ULM? I only ask because here's a screenshot from the Arkansas State website of the opening kick off between ULL and ULM last year...

What did you guys report, 29K?

The game must have been played on Halloween, as lots of your fans are apparently dressed as empty seats....

+ Reply to Thread