+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Guess who the only team without a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I came on this site to look at recruiting stuff as my nephew was offered by tech. Saw the tittle of this thread and was shocked, I just assumed you guys would have already had your 10th coach in place. I just asked why and what your budget was for the football staff, just out of curiosity. That is when the insults started flying. I could care less about LATech, but I never back down from insults or a debate.

Anyway sticking with the most current debate some of you folks need to look up the definition of big, bigger and biggest. I realize it may be over your head. Sometimes a little brother beats a big brother but he is still your little brother.
    Could not care less is what you meant to say.

It's about results, not size. Has Lafayette ever beaten a decent P5 team? Has Lafayette ever beaten Tech when you didn't have the great QB/Receiver combo of Delhome/Stokely? Was that like 25 years ago?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Has Lafayette ever beaten Tech when you didn't have the great QB/Receiver combo of Delhome/Stokely? Was that like 25 years ago?
    22 years.

That was an odd season. Beat Miss St on the road. Gave the Hogs all they could handle in LR.

Then laid an egg at home vs the Cajuns.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I came on this site to look at recruiting stuff as my nephew was offered by tech. Saw the tittle of this thread and was shocked, I just assumed you guys would have already had your 10th coach in place. I just asked why and what your budget was for the football staff, just out of curiosity. That is when the insults started flying. I could care less about LATech, but I never back down from insults or a debate.

Anyway sticking with the most current debate some of you folks need to look up the definition of big, bigger and biggest. I realize it may be over your head. Sometimes a little brother beats a big brother but he is still your little brother.
    And yet you stay. You will never get approval from YOUR DADDY here. I guess all that to say- it really is true. You will always be looking for your parents approval. If it wasn't so, you would already be gone.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Could not care less is what you meant to say.

It's about results, not size. Has Lafayette ever beaten a decent P5 team? Has Lafayette ever beaten Tech when you didn't have the great QB/Receiver combo of Delhome/Stokely? Was that like 25 years ago?
    Actually it is not about football only and never has been. Its the total picture. All you have is a few football wins the rest ain't even close. And yes size matters. I drive through your campus about every 7 weeks, when I work in N. La. and trust me it's not even close. I will be the first to admit we had a horrible president, for athletics, for 30 years. But that has changed, and there is no doubt the school in Louisiana, with the most resources, and in the best community to strive going forward is in Lafayette. Just look at the 12.4mil donations compared to 1.5 by the athletics foundations last year.

Hey, you won the past congratulations. You can thank Ray Authement for that.

It's a new day.

K-State and Tx A&M.
    Last edited by Kent; 08-08-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Re: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Serious question to y'all be honest.

Lets say our rolls were reversed you had the name of the school in Lafayette, and we were Tech, you were the bigger school, with the nicer facilities. You know you would take the same approach to marketing as we do now. Correct? Now be honest with yourself.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Not to pile on, but we heard similar things when Hudspeth came on board. You guys have definitely made some progress don't get me wrong. You have more students and you are in a bigger city. Maybe ULL is on the way up, but forgive us if we aren't quaking in our boots. I think most of us feel like we are making lots of progress as well and we have a head start in academic perception and athletics. Your opinion may vary.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Lets say our rolls were reversed you had the name of the school in Lafayette, and we were Tech, you were the bigger school, with the nicer facilities. You know you would take the same approach to marketing as we do now. Correct? Now be honest with yourself.
    I wouldn't want to be UL-city. I agree with that. I would probably take a different approach to pushing the name thing, but that's just me.

Facilities wise I will say the baseball field is the only thing I might want to trade with you. I don't have any envy for the campus or other athletic facilities. Not that they aren't fine, just not nicer than ours IMO.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

What a leading question. Not even going to bite on this bigger school/nicer facilities part.

But if I were ULL and looking to change my name, I would not try to break the law, nor try to deceive people into thinking I'm something that I'm not. There is no flagship of the University of Louisiana system, there is no UL in Louisiana. What you should have done, if you want a solid university name that defines who are, is change the name to the University of Acadiana or make it french l'Université de l'Acadiane if you really want to make yourself unique. The University of Acadiana Ragin Cajuns would be a great name.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    But if I were ULL and looking to change my name, I would not try to break the law, nor try to deceive people into thinking I'm something that I'm not. There is no flagship of the University of Louisiana system, there is no UL in Louisiana. What you should have done, if you want a solid university name that defines who are, is change the name to the University of Acadiana or make it french l'Université de l'Acadiane if you really want to make yourself unique. The University of Acadiana Ragin Cajuns would be a great name.
    If I cared …

I would've suggested South Louisiana.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

You're the laughing stock of the college football playing world. Nobody would trade branding with you.

Hell, that's why ULM has decided to stop reminding you about what the law says about your name. The more distance they can put between you and them, the better.

Tech's built a program correctly, they're not trying to shortcut their way to success. They realize coopting a name doesn't get them anywhere if they can't field a good team.

Of course, that's why USL's only managed to beat Tech 21 times in 60 tries....

But, yeah, keep thinking that Tech, or anybody else for that matter, would trade places with you.

Well, maybe Mooseburger Clown College or the American Clown Academy envy your reputation as the biggest bunch of clowns on the interwebs, but it's a lead pipe cinch nobody else does.

Your only real value is that you're slightly amusing, but only for reasons you don't appreciate.

Puppy FormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to allFormerPokeCenter is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    If I cared …

I would've suggested South Louisiana.
    I think the Muddogs should embrace South Central Louisiana State University.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The DOTD put up a new sign on I-49, one indicating what schools are located off that exit. They put: Natchitoches State University. The sign was quickly taken down after an uproar. Even after DOTD admitted the mistake and apologized, for days afterwards, NSU alums had to vent their disdain for the error. Folks want their alma maters respected. Get the name right, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Not to pile on, but we heard similar things when Hudspeth came on board. You guys have definitely made some progress don't get me wrong. You have more students and you are in a bigger city. Maybe ULL is on the way up, but forgive us if we aren't quaking in our boots. I think most of us feel like we are making lots of progress as well and we have a head start in academic perception and athletics. Your opinion may vary.

I here you I wouldn't expect you too. If I were on the outside looking in considering history, I wouldn't be concerned either.

Hud was fools goal. Yep we all kind of drank the cool aid early, but it didn't take long to realize he was all rah rah and no substance. Napier on the other hand, (I realize it is early) everything he does is very Sabanesque. It is very evident there is a lot more to him. He is a Saban disciiple and very few of them are not successful.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I wouldn't want to be UL-city. I agree with that. I would probably take a different approach to pushing the name thing, but that's just me.

Facilities wise I will say the baseball field is the only thing I might want to trade with you. I don't have any envy for the campus or other athletic facilities. Not that they aren't fine, just not nicer than ours IMO.
    Different strokes for different folks. I cannot think of one I'd trade with you. Not sure when was the last time you've been on our campus or had a tour through our new APC.

Many coaches who have seen our 100k sq ft facility that houses the football locker room, training, equipment rooms, coaches offices, players lounge and 13k sqft weight room, say it is every bit as good and even better than most P5 facilities that they have been in. I would definitely keep that.

I would take our newly renovated Cajun Dome any day of the week. The only basket ball arena better in this state has a professional team in it. Check.

Not sure why you rather your softball, track or soccer facilities more than ours, maybe you can explain? I have passed right by yours once every 2 months, for the last 8 years. Maybe you can explain what you like better about the ones in Ruston over the ones in Lafayette? I just don't under stand why you wouldn't trade in a heartbeat? Maybe you've never seen ours since they have been reconstructed?

I would take our 39k seat football stadium everyday over yours also.

I would also take our indoor practice facility complete with a 100yd regulation size football field, and batting cages, over what ever it is y'all do when afternoon thunder storms brew up, during practice on game week

I will give you the football press box and luxury boxes as of today. Only because we haven't gotten to that part of the master plan yet. But in the drawings I saw once complete, it won't even be close. I walked on y'all field during the summer, is it just me, but IMO that press box you all put on top of the stadium, just don't go together? I don't know why it just looks awkward.

I know, first hand, from a student athlete being recruted, that toured both schools this summer, living conditions for athletes are much better in Lafayette. Tell you the truth that is what changed his mind on his commitment.

So you would only trade baseball? It is not my fault you don't want better facilities across the board. You should demand better.
    Last edited by Kent; 08-08-2018 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread