+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: Guess who the only team without a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Cramped. They had us in two connected rooms. Some folks had to stand because there weren't enough tables. The "meal" was a buffet with salad, red beans and rice, boudin balls, a pasta dish of some type, bread pudding dessert thingy. My wife and I thought the salad was good and everything else was just so-so (not bad, just not great). The guy to my wife's right remarked we paid $25 for some rice with not much meat and that the event should be moved back to Ralph and Kacoos. There was nothing about the place that made me want to go there again just as a place to eat. The employees were pleasant. It was our first time to attend the Bulldog Blitz so I'm glad we went, but Walk-Ons as the venue might not have been the best choice in my opinion.
    This is not an event that should be moved "back to Ralph and Kacoos" because this is not the TAG Preseason Luncheon that you have been used to. That preseason luncheon is organized and promoted by volunteers who were paid nothing. It costs $20.00 for you to eat in a room packed with Bulldog fans because the event focuses on the fans having fun.

Now you have paid staff (Associate, Assistant, Assitant to the Associate, etc AD's) who organize the event with what I believe is for the fans but it's also as much to kiss the butt of corporate sponsors. Nothing wrong with that but be careful asking for a 10th Assistant because it may require the hiring of more Associate and Assistant AD's to help raise money to pay for the new 10th Assistant and that will require them to raise more corporate money and if that doesn't work they can just raise your LTAC dues because they have to raise money to pay for those new Associate/Assistant ADs..........

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    And even if it is that much, what does it say about a program when it has to pay through the nose to put a staff together?
    That has got to be one of the most asinine statements I have ever seen on a message board. Have you seen what college assistants are making across the country today? In todays environment of college athletics you've got to pay if you want to assemble a good staff. Strictly from a resume stand point, Napier has put together the best staff the Cajuns have every had by far. Plus Napier has more off field support staff than the little school in Lafayette has ever had also. He has set up his staff much like the one he worked on under Nick for 5 years. Albeit with a lot less money. What does it say about all those P5 programs that have to pay through the nose to put a staff together?

Maybe the links below are the real truth behind why one program can pay football assistants more than the other and has a pool of 2 million.

Your pool may be 2 mil also? I don't know because no one has answered that simple question? I would think a school with Techs stature, would pay football assistants at least the same, if not even more than a sunbelt school in Lafayette.

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/7/...-and-rcaf.aspx

https://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/r...gid=1&pgid=913
    Last edited by Kent; 07-31-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Lafayette can't pay enough to keep one. Why waste money when it's still not enough? Oh yeah, y'all were able to hold on to coach Roid because you paid him so well. How did that work out for you?

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Lafayette can't pay enough to keep one. Why waste money when it's still not enough? Oh yeah, y'all were able to hold on to coach Roid because you paid him so well. How did that work out for you?
    Different AD in place now from back then, things are run much differently now. It doesn't even look like the same athletic department compared to when Scott Farmer was here. But you keep living in the past while I look forward.

12.4 mil compared to 1.5 mil explains it all.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Different AD in place now from back then, things are run much differently now. It doesn't even look like the same athletic department compared to when Scott Farmer was here. But you keep living in the past while I look forward.

12.4 mil compared to 1.5 mil explains it all.
    how long do you expect this transformation to take? Again, you can't pay enough to keep assistants there.

how long do you expect this transformation to take? Again, you can't pay enough to keep assistants there.
    Not sure what you mean, we can't pay enough to keep assistants? Napier has lost one assistant since he was hired and that was to Alabama. No G5 school should expect to compete with a P5 financially. I don't see any G5 schools out biddding us on an assistant for the same position. The current staff has plenty of coaches who actually left P5 schools for the same position in Lafayette. That's a testament to how much they like and think of Napier.

Currently according to 247 sports the Cajuns have the 54th best recruiting class over all for 2019. The only G5 schools ahead of them are ECU and SMU at 49 and 52 respectively. If they hold that ranking, and keep that trend going for a few years, the transformation will be sooner rather than later.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...eTeamRankings/

Not sure what you mean, we can't pay enough to keep assistants? Napier has lost one assistant since he was hired and that was to Alabama. No G5 school should expect to compete with a P5 financially. I don't see any G5 schools out biddding us on an assistant for the same position. The current staff has plenty of coaches who actually left P5 schools for the same position in Lafayette./
    I think you know what I mean. If any P5 or G5 with real money wants one of your coaches they will come get them. Do you have a list of salaries that you are paying current assistants that equals the bogus amount you people have been bragging about?

I think you know what I mean. If any P5 or G5 with real money wants one of your coaches they will come get them. Do you have a list of salaries that you are paying current assistants that equals the bogus amount you people have been bragging about?
    I don't have the break down by each. I can tell you the salary pool for football assistants has been upped to 2 mil this year. I have know clue what the rest of the G5's pools total. I do know with 12.4 Million raised by the RCAF, in the 2017 fiscal year, that just ended, which was founded for the sole purpose of competitively paying coaches, we should be able to hold our own against the rest of the G5. I don't have all the figures nor do I care to research, but I would guess 12.4 is in the upper end of monies raised, by athletic foundations, in the G5. I agree 100% that if a P5 wants what a G5 has none of us can compete. The school in Lafayette has done a very good job of making sure they don't get plucked by a G5.

On the current staff there are assistants coaches who were at Arizona St, Texas Tech, Arkansas and Mississippi state before coming to Lafayette. There is also a coach that was an FCS head coach last year, that still had his job when he left, and 3 that were position coaches in CUSA and the Belt. You are saying we can't pay coaches, when the facts show we are the one plucking them away now. Don't ever let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

12.4 much > 1.5.

https://ragincajuns.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...arn/969064001/

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We have no interest in continually debating a fan from what has historically been a much-inferior football program.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We have no interest in continually debating a fan from what has historically been a much-inferior football program.
    That's what I was thinking. Why is this Kent dude posting here? Looking for affirmation from BIG BROTHER that things are okay down at ULALA.

I don't have the break down by each. I can tell you the salary pool for football assistants has been upped to 2 mil this year.
    Nobody cares what you claim for a budget. That means nothing. What are you paying them? Even if you were paying them $2M you would not be able to keep them from moving to another school.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

They have been down so long they will look for affirmation anywhere they can to boost that ego. Why else would he bring up the subject of assistant pay. Nothing else to hang his hat on. We are much more accommodating here than they are to visitors to their site.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Why is this Kent dude posting here? Looking for affirmation from BIG BROTHER that things are okay down at ULALA.
    You know I posted here when I read you guys couldn't afford that 10th coach. Just asked a simply ? about how much your assistant salary pool was and no one has yet to answer. Almost as if you are embarrassed to say. If winning a few football games make you "Big Brother" then so be it, because thats all you got. Everything else in Lafayette is > than Ruston.

Have I mentioned one athletic foundation raised 12.4 mil last year and another you know the "Big Brother" only 1.5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Keep looking back. Focus on the past. What happened in the past is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    They have been down so long they will look for affirmation anywhere they can to boost that ego. Why else would he bring up the subject of assistant pay. Nothing else to hang his hat on. We are much more accommodating here than they are to visitors to their site.
    Yep. 5 bowl games in 7 years, and 4 9-4 seasons was nothing to hang our hat on. That was definitely not good enough, so we hired a consultant, got a new AD, started paying coaches, and funding the program, like it should be, for the first time ever. But you should keep looking back at history that is all that matters.

+ Reply to Thread