+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who the last team to get a 10th assistant will be

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: Guess who the only team without a 10th assistant will be

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    How was Walk-On’s?
    Cramped. They had us in two connected rooms. Some folks had to stand because there weren't enough tables. The "meal" was a buffet with salad, red beans and rice, boudin balls, a pasta dish of some type, bread pudding dessert thingy. My wife and I thought the salad was good and everything else was just so-so (not bad, just not great). The guy to my wife's right remarked we paid $25 for some rice with not much meat and that the event should be moved back to Ralph and Kacoos. There was nothing about the place that made me want to go there again just as a place to eat. The employees were pleasant. It was our first time to attend the Bulldog Blitz so I'm glad we went, but Walk-Ons as the venue might not have been the best choice in my opinion.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Based on what Skip and Tommy said at the Bulldog Blitz in Shreveport tonight, it sounds like it is not a matter of if a 10th coach will be hired, it is a matter of when it will happen. It could even be before the season begins this year. But I guess we'll see if it actually happens.
    Good to hear. I didn't think a bonehead decision such as this would be allowed to stand.

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Skip called out the guy who planned the Bulldawg Blitz at Walk-On's. He said "IF YOU ARE STILL AROUND NEXT YEAR", you might want to look for a different venue!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I understand wanting to do the blitz in Shreveport but Silver Star or Ralph & Kacoos are definitely better options than Walkons imo.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

That said, I imagine the rationale for Walkons could relate to their sponsoring of the Independence Bowl. It's not a bad idea to play nice with them.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We know it’s many $$$ less than any other school in the country because we never hear the end of “doing more with less”.
    You think the total salary pool for assistant football coaches is in the neighborhood of 2 mil?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Kent, why don’t you just go ahead and tell them what you are itching to say.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Cramped. They had us in two connected rooms. Some folks had to stand because there weren't enough tables. The "meal" was a buffet with salad, red beans and rice, boudin balls, a pasta dish of some type, bread pudding dessert thingy. My wife and I thought the salad was good and everything else was just so-so (not bad, just not great). The guy to my wife's right remarked we paid $25 for some rice with not much meat and that the event should be moved back to Ralph and Kacoos. There was nothing about the place that made me want to go there again just as a place to eat. The employees were pleasant. It was our first time to attend the Bulldog Blitz so I'm glad we went, but Walk-Ons as the venue might not have been the best choice in my opinion.
    Whoever planned the event went really cheap with the food options! They should have had Tuscan Chicken, VooDoo Shrimp, etc!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Kent, why don’t you just go ahead and tell them what you are itching to say.
    you mean the lalaff smoke and mirrors when they announce a number but don't actually pay that much?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    you mean the lalaff smoke and mirrors when they announce a number but don't actually pay that much?
    And even if it is that much, what does it say about a program when it has to pay through the nose to put a staff together?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nailed it

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Whoever planned the event went really cheap with the food options! They should have had Tuscan Chicken, VooDoo Shrimp, etc!
    Tuscan Chicken? VooDoo Shrimp? How much money do you think we have?

Enough for a 10th assistant?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Tuscan Chicken? VooDoo Shrimp? How much money do you think we have?

Enough for a 10th assistant?
    I think he means for the $25/plate that was spent by fans.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan Moats is moving back to Ruston, perhaps he could fill the slot, if our admin can find the money.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Ryan Moats is moving back to Ruston, perhaps he could fill the slot, if our admin can find the money.
    I'm the biggest Ryan Moats fan that I know. Seriously, you won't find anyone who roots harder for him than I do. I hope that we can find a role for him. I'd love for him to be an offensive analyst or a graduate assistant. I do not believe hiring him to be the 10th assistant would be a good move right now.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread