+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Predictions

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 2018 Predictons

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Massey has the Dawgs at #85 with a regular season finish of 9-3 (Losses to LSU, MSU and FAU)

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4218&s=300937
    They forgot to include our WTF moments. I think we'll have two which brings that record to 7-5.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Re: 2018 Predicitons

I hope I am wrong, but I am thinking 6-6 at best and 4-8 on the low side.

I don't see the offensive passing game being explosive enough to do much better than this. Also, the conference as a whole is becoming better and Tech will not be able count on as many wins against the Sisters of the Weak and the like to get to six wins.

I will be extremely happy and ready to eat crow if the season is better than 6-6.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

I don't see the offensive passing game being explosive enough to do much better than this. Also, the conference as a whole is becoming better and Tech will not be able count on as many wins against the Sisters of the Weak and the like to get to six wins.

I will be extremely happy and ready to eat crow if the season is better than 6-6.
    I agree but I'm feeling 7-5.

I do think you're right that the conference is improving and leaving us behind if we don't make progress quickly. Hopefully that is this year but we'll see.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Scanned Athlon and Lindy's this AM. Athlon says we'll be 2nd in the West and finish at 8-4. Lindy's predicted that we'll be #1 in the west and that the defense will carry us there. Athlon has these quotes from conference opponent's assistant coaches. The quote said that we have P5 size and that fact is most pronounced on the defensive front 7.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Massey has the Dawgs at #85 with a regular season finish of 9-3 (Losses to LSU, MSU and FAU)

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4218&s=300937
    Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If we play to our talent level, 10 regular season wins is a good bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    All boils down to our QB and O line. If they play just above average, we will have many, many wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Hate to be a Debbie Downer on all of this, but I"m thinking 7-5. Reason is that I haven't seen anything to be over optimistic about regarding QB and OL play more than we have had in the past. HCSH is still HCSH and other than the bowl win last year, I haven't seen him play where there wasn't a field goal that he didn't love. Third reason is that we have a 7 road game season with our toughest opponents on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They forgot to include our WTF moments. I think we'll have two which brings that record to 7-5.
    Wise bolded statements.

We have a 6th year head coach and rockstar QB. How could ANY true fan expect less than 8 wins? They've seen him coach and they've seen the rockstar throw unpressured grounders.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Scanned Athlon and Lindy's this AM. Athlon says we'll be 2nd in the West and finish at 8-4. Lindy's predicted that we'll be #1 in the west and that the defense will carry us there. Athlon has these quotes from conference opponent's assistant coaches. The quote said that we have P5 size and that fact is most pronounced on the defensive front 7.
    How are we for depth on the defensive side of the ball, Johnny? I have a lot of confidence in our 1st team defense. However what happens when Blake Baker inserts Gomer from Farmerville in place of Jaylon Ferguson and Barney from Oak Grove in place of Amik Robertson, etc...?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How are we for depth on the defensive side of the ball, Johnny? I have a lot of confidence in our 1st team defense. However what happens when Blake Baker inserts Gomer from Farmerville in place of Jaylon Ferguson and Barney from Oak Grove in place of Amik Robertson, etc...?
    I picked up Phil Steele's mag today (he predicts us to be 2nd in the west behind UAB) and our defensive 2-deep looks really good. Mainly juniors and seniors who got significant time last year. We return 8 offensive starters and 7 on D.

He tracks close wins and losses and Tech was mentioned as one of the 5 teams with the most close net losses (4 close losses and 1 close win netting out to 3 close losses). According to Phil 77% of the time, teams with 3 net close losses are as strong or stronger than they were the year before.

Of interest: This is the most returning starters Holtz has had at Tech. This is the first time Holtz has had a returning starter at QB. We ran #10 in the the nation on "experience"...the highest we've been under Holtz.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

he predicts us to be 2nd in the west behind UAB
    Where can we get some of those 35yo players is what I'm wondering

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I picked up Phil Steele's mag today (he predicts us to be 2nd in the west behind UAB) and our defensive 2-deep looks really good. Mainly juniors and seniors who got significant time last year. We return 8 offensive starters and 7 on D.

He tracks close wins and losses and Tech was mentioned as one of the 5 teams with the most close net losses (4 close losses and 1 close win netting out to 3 close losses). According to Phil 77% of the time, teams with 3 net close losses are as strong or stronger than they were the year before.

Of interest: This is the most returning starters Holtz has had at Tech. This is the first time Holtz has had a returning starter at QB. We ran #10 in the the nation on "experience"...the highest we've been under Holtz.

Good info. Thanks.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good info. Thanks.
    Look at our strong recruiting classes the past few years. A lot of young guys played well on D last year. They’ll be a year older, and we have studs coming off redshirts to push them. The days of no depth are over for our defense. Especially at DB!!

Re: 2018 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Look at our strong recruiting classes the past few years. A lot of young guys played well on D last year. They’ll be a year older, and we have studs coming off redshirts to push them. The days of no depth are over for our defense. Especially at DB!!
    I think Walker will push J’Mar in a way that he hasn’t been pushed since Price left. I hope it’s good for both of them. Both guys are very physically talented.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

I would encourage you to google PMA and Gerald Swindle. I think you and many other Tech fans could learn something from a good ole boy!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    I would encourage you to google PMA and Gerald Swindle. I think you and many other Tech fans could learn something from a good ole boy!
    You just wasted 20 seconds of my time

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Re: 2018 Predictions

I'm surprised that this Massey poll has our defense rated so low (94th). That doesn't seem right. I also find it difficult to believe we only have a 33% chance of beating FAU (2-3). FAU lost again yesterday, this time to MTSU.

Ranking: 71 Record 3-1
    Schedule: 93 PF-PA: 134-108
    Offense: 69 Per Game: 33.5-27.0
    Defense: 94

+ Reply to Thread