+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Logo

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Does anyone feel confident we can beat LSU with Smith at QB? I don't.
    I am more concerned about Holtz, to be honest. I agree with you, but Holtz has proven several times that he lacks either the will or the ability to beat an SEC team. Just sucks that it's going to be during the tiggers worst year in a decade.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Does anyone feel confident we can beat LSU with Smith at QB? I don't.
    I do, and here's why...
    Before last season coach Holtz stated several times that he was going to "simplify the offense for new starting QB Smith" and because we were one of the 10 most inexperienced teams in the nation. He did exactly that, but the downside was that it also simplified the game plan for opposing defenses! We also implemented the 3-man rush "prevent defense" late in games which cost us some 1-point losses instead of W's.

FAU was the only C-USA team with a better 4th down conversion rate than LA Tech's offense last year. However, we conservatively went for the easy FGs every chance we got (to the extent that by the end of the season only one FBS team attempted more FG's than Tech).

This season, with the most experienced team during Holtz's time at Tech there is no reason to be so ultraconservative. I believe we can beat LSU, but not if we don't leave it ALL out on the field ala Derek Dooley in 2009! We were 4-8 that year, LSU was ranked #8 nationally, and we lost 24-16 in Baton Rouge.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Went to Canton Trade Days...yes, it was hot. But, I was decked out in my Tech garb and ran into three Dawg alums/fans. And, an SMU guy! He was kewl and a great sport re: the Frisco Bowl. He brought that up first. I didn't. Basically, he said he expected Tech to win, but not like that. "Very impressive, very athletic," he said.

Question, where is that Hwy 49 Toll Road going? Saw it crossing over I-20 at Lindale. Where's it gonna run?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Went to Canton Trade Days...yes, it was hot. But, I was decked out in my Tech garb and ran into three Dawg alums/fans. And, an SMU guy! He was kewl and a great sport re: the Frisco Bowl. He brought that up first. I didn't. Basically, he said he expected Tech to win, but not like that. "Very impressive, very athletic," he said.

Question, where is that Hwy 49 Toll Road going? Saw it crossing over I-20 at Lindale. Where's it gonna run?
    It is going to be a complete outer pay loop when all is said and done. It is active now heading south of Tyler toward the towns of Flint, Gresham and Bullard, Texas right now and then back east toward just north of Whitehouse. It also goes to the north of Lindale.

+ Reply to Thread