+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WM Academy

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

WM Academy

A sea of maroon and purple and gold.

NLULM and LSU everywhere.

Just TWO racks of Tech clothes. No adidas. No high end.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: WM Academy

We were just at the one in S’Port. Plenty to choose from in there.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not our official gear, but there is still a lot of it.

It’s not our official gear, but there is still a lot of it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've dealt with these over achieving managers for years. They blame it on "corporate". The corporate fools of Academy have consistently sold out of Tech Gear in Monroe for the past 8 plus years (even the off brand crap they sell) while the nlulm and/or lsu crap stays on the shelf.

I HATE Academy!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the Academy in West Monroe this summer and thought they had a decent selection. I bought a hand full of items.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I went to the Academy in West Monroe this summer and thought they had a decent selection. I bought a hand full of items.
    Correct. They now buy the same amount of nlulm gear and Tech gear. Exact.

A couple of weeks later, it's noticeable the Tech gear is being purchased and the fighting propellers (have you heard their latest radio commercial featuring weak-sounding propellers?) is still on the racks.

Their fan purchasing power is numb compared to Tech's.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Correct. They now buy the same amount of nlulm gear and Tech gear. Exact.

A couple of weeks later, it's noticeable the Tech gear is being purchased and the fighting propellers (have you heard their latest radio commercial featuring weak-sounding propellers?) is still on the racks.

Their fan purchasing power is numb compared to Tech's.
    I did see that they had about the same size selection between Tech and ULM. I'm not going to fault them for that since they are physically closer to ULM. If the ULM stuff doesn't sell then so be it. I'm not going to get mad at them for carrying a local schools merchandise. What I will do is do my part to make sure the Tech stuff sells.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I did see that they had about the same size selection between Tech and ULM. I'm not going to fault them for that since they are physically closer to ULM. If the ULM stuff doesn't sell then so be it. I'm not going to get mad at them for carrying a local schools merchandise. What I will do is do my part to make sure the Tech stuff sells.
    Academy management are worse business people Gannett Corporate. For at least 5 years in a row the Tech stuff sells, yet they continue (they say) to get equal amounts of nlulm/Tech stuff. FWIW, it takes 10 minutes longer to get to Tech's campus than nlulm's campus. Many more Tech fans live in Ouachita Parish than nlulm fans. Academy management is horrible.

I don't shop there. You can get much better merchandise and for less money in Ruston.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Academy in Shreveport has a good selection of Tech stuff, especially after the Saints started stinking it up again a few years ago and most around here jumped off the Saints bandwagon. Academy replaced some Saints sections with more Tech gear (like how it was before the Saints made the Super Bowl run).

Dick's is awful. Very small, off-brand selection of Tech gear alongside the same amount of ULM gear, which never sells. Lots of great LSU gear tho. Dick's wouldn't even start carrying Tech gear until the store in Monroe opened so they could stock equal crappy inventory of both Tech and ULM. Earth to Dick's: There are no ULM fans in Northwest Louisiana except for Tim Brando who gets his gear from ULM for free.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a Tech person who lives elsewhere...and are passing through on I-20...your options to "pick up" some Red & Blue gear are pretty few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    If you're a Tech person who lives elsewhere...and are passing through on I-20...your options to "pick up" some Red & Blue gear are pretty few and far between.
    Yeah, Anything is better than the selection in Mandeville. I went to Target the other day and the "sports" section had: Saints, LSU, Pelicans, and Middle Tennessee(WTF?).

While I was in Ruston for my sons football camp this year I made sure to stop at the bookstore, Fanbase, and the West Monroe Academy. The good thing was they all had different items so I bought a little from each.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yeah, Anything is better than the selection in Mandeville. I went to Target the other day and the "sports" section had: Saints, LSU, Pelicans, and Middle Tennessee(WTF?).

While I was in Ruston for my sons football camp this year I made sure to stop at the bookstore, Fanbase, and the West Monroe Academy. The good thing was they all had different items so I bought a little from each.
    Ya see that kind of thing, time to time. I suppose it's an alum who happens to work there. I know if I were ever employed in a sporting goods' store, especially as a manager, I would slip in Tech stuff! No matter where the store was located too.

At the Exchange at Fort Polk there's a team shop, with all kinds of college and pro garb. Hanging prominently over the corridor, when I was there last time, were banners, including, LSU, Texas A&M, Bama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and.....Kent State. I have nothing against the Kent State Golden Flashes, but, at a shop in Louisiana? How many Kent State fans are likely to visit this shop, in Leesville, Louisiana?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Like I said. Who's out there pushing Tech gear on these retailers, providing data on Tech graduates and their possession of more average di$po$able income than just about any other grad from La. colleges?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Target in Shreveport has a small selection of Tech gear.

+ Reply to Thread