+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Chance U

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Last Chance U

Season 3 is somehow crazier than season 2. Buddy Stevens, while abusive and ridiculous, seemed to have some redeeming qualities. This Jason Brown guy at ICC seems constantly on the verge of a physical altercation with ANYONE who happens to be near him while he’s on a rant.

Thoughts?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Last Chance U

He curses more, but that has more of where he's from. Plus we have to take into account that these coaches aren't the best in the business either. That one qb coach/kid works for free....Juco is another world.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think he’s a poser. All the talk about his cars and beach house we’re pretty telling. My favorite was acting like he’d done so much for the assistant coaches! Everything except getting them paid!

He’s one of these guys who is super proud of the nothing he’s accomplished. All hat, no cattle.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

If you want see a "Tale of Two Programs" switch over from "Last Chance U" to Amazon Prime and watch "All or Nothing The Michigan Wolverines". Harbaugh is quirky but he runs a well organized program. Not that he needs help but comparison makes that idiot at Independence look even worse.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t like Brown at first, but by the end of the season I found that while his manner is unprofessional and something I’d never condone, his coaching philosophy has some real truth in it, and I think he genuinely cares about the kids.

Buddy Stevens kept preaching about improving himself and being a better person but never really walked the walk. At least brown makes no excuses for what and who he is.

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

Brown was definitely crass. However, I felt he was fairly humble given their success at the conclusion of the season.

Personally, I enjoyed this season more than seasons 1 & 2. To me Brown was more compelling to watch than Stevens and this season did a solid job of really bringing in the local community to the narrative.

What’s the consensus on the board, “Last Chance U” or “Hard Knocks”? For me it’s “Last Chance U” all the way.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Amazon Prime's "All or Nothing" is pretty good. The All Blacks has me trying to find a favorite national rugby team. New Orleans has a professional team now too. It is an intriguing game.

No way I could ever describe brown as anything even approaching humble. I do know that we're being shown a sliver of who the man is and they wanted us to see the brash Comptonite MFing players up one side and down the other. That said, some of this outbursts were down right juvenile and I think the players were catching on by the end of the season.

I haven't watched Hard Knocks. I'll have to check it out.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Blue Mountain State (flicks). 'nough said.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Blue Mountain State (flicks). 'nough said.
    Best sports series, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    If you want see a "Tale of Two Programs" switch over from "Last Chance U" to Amazon Prime and watch "All or Nothing The Michigan Wolverines". Harbaugh is quirky but he runs a well organized program. Not that he needs help but comparison makes that idiot at Independence look even worse.
    Man...it is night and day. The "fatherly" disposition of the staff at Michigan is incredibly refreshing. Brown hazes his players and Harbaugh and his staff take a completely different approach.

And you're right, Harbaugh is super quirky!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Man...it is night and day. The "fatherly" disposition of the staff at Michigan is incredibly refreshing. Brown hazes his players and Harbaugh and his staff take a completely different approach.

And you're right, Harbaugh is super quirky!
    Did you notice that Harbaugh wears football cleats home from practice and games????

Also, watch "All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys", chronicles 2017 season, Dooley is featured quite a bit as receivers coach trying to deal with Dez. He appears to be in way over his head.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post

Also, watch "All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys", chronicles 2017 season, Dooley is featured quite a bit as receivers coach trying to deal with Dez. He appears to be in way over his head.
    Rumor was the ONLY job Dooley had with the Cowboys was to baby sit Dez. In a few years Dooley will say, " it was a dead end job, but it saved my marriage and alimony payments."

+ Reply to Thread