+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Are The Top 3 Wins for Skip Holtz in Joe Aillet Stadium?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: What Are The Top 3 Wins for Skip Holtz in Joe Aillet Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    That was the year they fired their coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I got this one. I love the Sagarin research (it's been a while)!

Top 10 home wins since 1998 (per Sagarin):

1. #10 Fresno State (2004)
    2. #21 Western Kentucky (2016)
    3. #39 Oklahoma State (2002)
    4. #52 Boise State (2001)
    5. #70 Rice (2014)
    6. #71 Nevada (2008)
    7. #74 Rice (2012)
    8. #78 Western Kentucky (2014)
    9. #81 Middle Tennessee (2015)

10. #89 Idaho (2010)
    The problem with the Western Kentucky win in 2016 is that Holtz gave it right back a few weeks later when he let his team lose to WKU 58-44 in the CUSA Championship game. Talk about taking the shine off something.....

And I certainly wouldn't consider the win over #70 Rice in 2014 a quality win. We killed Rice 76-31, and only 18K fans attended. Even the locals didn't care about that one.

I guess that's the point of this thread, isn't it? Where's the EXCITEMENT?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Where's the EXCITEMENT?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And I certainly wouldn't consider the win over #70 Rice in 2014 a quality win. We killed Rice 76-31, and only 18K fans attended. Even the locals didn't care about that one.
    That's the point. Our 5th best home win in 20 years was over a #70 team that finished 8-5. Like looking into a mirror.

I remember that game vividly because my buddies and I drank...water...after every touchdown. That was a bad idea (for some of us).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This thread is more ammo for those of us who ask: is there nothing more? Embrace the mediocrity, eh.

One poster, in particular, will chime in with, "Holtz is doing great! Tech football is rolling, baby! Why, I remember when Terry Bradshaw threw 12 INTs, all in one quarter, and Tech was lucky to win 3 games a year." Or some such historic "So? What's that got to do with now?" stuff. That list, posted by T1, is pathetic! That's it, over a 20-year span?

I like Skip Holtz, as a person and as a coach. He's provided stability to our program, and we've been successful in the bowls. That's good. The question is, is this it? Does Holtz have a 12-win season in him, and a Top 25 ranking? If you believe he can deliver that, then, I ask, okay....when should we expect it to happen?

+ Reply to Thread