+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Urban Meyer...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Speaking of Urban Meyer...

….yeah, I know, we weren't speaking of Urban Meyer. Just thought that would be a catchy title for the thread.

I am to understand he is in hot water, placed on administrative leave at Ohio State (just in case you needed to know that...), because they claim he had knowledge of an employee (an assistant coach, maybe?) having engaged in premarital sex with a chipmunk....no, scratch that, had Netflix on.

Okay, seriously, of an employee's alleged domestic abuse, and did not report it.

1) Did the victim report it? Ya know, oh, to the police!!?? No? the victim didn't report it?

Okay then...

2) How did Coach Urban Meyer learn of this alleged incident? Did the guilty party reveal it, like, Hey! Coach Meyer, I just abused my wife at home. Slapped the crap out of her. What do ya think of that?

It's on ESPN now...

the victim, now an ex-wife of a coach, claims Meyer, and his wife, knew of the allegations. Okay, did the EFFING LAW ENFORCEMENT KNOW OF THESE ALLEGATIONS????????????????????????????????????

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Speaking of Urban Meyer...

Something doesn’t smell right about this, that is for sure.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

He is gone. Book it Dano.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Y’all be nice. Urban might get heart palpitations and have to step down until a better team calls.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ….yeah, I know, we weren't speaking of Urban Meyer. Just thought that would be a catchy title for the thread.

I am to understand he is in hot water, placed on administrative leave at Ohio State (just in case you needed to know that...), because they claim he had knowledge of an employee (an assistant coach, maybe?) having engaged in premarital sex with a chipmunk....no, scratch that, had Netflix on.

Okay, seriously, of an employee's alleged domestic abuse, and did not report it.

It's not (only) that he didn't report it, but he fired the guy last week after the allegations were made public, then (allegedly) lied and said he had not known about it before.

1) Did the victim report it? Ya know, oh, to the police!!?? No? the victim didn't report it?

Yes (allegedly).

Okay then...

2) How did Coach Urban Meyer learn of this alleged incident? Did the guilty party reveal it, like, Hey! Coach Meyer, I just abused my wife at home. Slapped the crap out of her. What do ya think of that?

(Allegedly) from his wife, other assistant coaches' wives, and more...just read the Brett McMurphy article.

It's on ESPN now...

the victim, now an ex-wife of a coach, claims Meyer, and his wife, knew of the allegations. Okay, did the EFFING LAW ENFORCEMENT KNOW OF THESE ALLEGATIONS????????????????????????????????????

Yes, nine times (allegedly).
    https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...26876605038600

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Ohio State..... Woody Hayes, fired for punching a Clemson player during a bowl game. Jim Tressel quit before being fired for cheating regarding recruiting. Now finally it looks like Urban Meyer might be held accountable. Don't forget there were serious allegations about Aaron Hernandez at Florida while playing for Urban. Never liked this guy or trusted him.

Back to Ohio State. I want to win, but not like they win.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Okay then...

It's on ESPN now...

This is essentially the same thing I said about Art Briles and the Baylor rape cases. Did the victims report the alleged rapes and bad behavior to police so police could do a thorough investigation? No. Apparently, nowadays we hold our Head Football Coaches fully accountable for investigating all rape and abuse cases involving players --and in this case assistant coaches-- even when the alleged infractions don't take place on campus.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Zach Smith is Earle Bruce's grandson.

Earle Bruce was like a second father to Urban Meyer.

http://www.espn.com/colleges/osu/sto...ng-staff-birth

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is essentially the same thing I said about Art Briles and the Baylor rape cases. Did the victims report the alleged rapes and bad behavior to police so police could do a thorough investigation? No. Apparently, nowadays we hold our Head Football Coaches fully accountable for investigating all rape and abuse cases involving players --and in this case assistant coaches-- even when the alleged infractions don't take place on campus.
    I thought the whole thing with Baylor was some of the incidents were reported to the police or university and they were buried or covered up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That's my point, or question...for all such cases! A football coach, in this case, Urban Meyer, is supposed to be law enforcement, judge, jury, social worker, FIXER of all things wrong at the school!!

If the wife of an assistant coach is abused by that coach that is a crime. Let me repeat that for those of you a little slow...that is a CRIME! If that person, the wife in this case, is the victim of a crime, it is her responsibility to....wait for it....CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we are told this wife (the alleged victim) instead reports it to, not even the head coach, but to his wife, Ms. Meyer. What did the victim want Ms. Meyer to do?

I know what I would do, in such a case. First, I would ask if the "victim" is okay, physically, and then say, okay, you can use my phone....CALL THE POLICE! Report it! Press charges! And, do you have family where you can go to....now, ya know, if you don't feel safe staying in your house. In other words, sorry this is happening to you, but this is a personal matter....strictly between you and your husband, and if a crime has been committed, then law enforcement needs to be involved.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL, THE UNIVERSITY, THE HEAD COACH, THE FANS, THE ALUMNI, THE CURRENT STUDENTS, THE PLAYERS, THE OTHER COACHES!!!

And....what if the "victim" responds, I don't want to call the police, my abusing husband will go to jail, lose his cushy six-figure salary job and I might have to go to work at the Piggly Wiggly to support myself. I want Coach Meyer (in this case) to tell my husband to stop abusing me. Really? I know what I would do, in such a case, I would give the "victim" one more chance to call the police herself, or I would. I would tell the police: obviously, I don't know how true, or not, this alleged abuse is, but the alleged "victim" has disclosed to me a crime has been committed, and I am passing on this information to you, law enforcement. Now, you investigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I thought the whole thing with Baylor was some of the incidents were reported to the police or university and they were buried or covered up.
    Covered up? By who? You mean that Baylor University is more powerful than the police and MADE them NOT do their jobs?

Tell us, Mr. Police Chief, why weren't these crimes properly investigated and the bad guys, arrested, charged, and brought before a judge and/or a grand jury?

Police Chief: We wanted to do all of that, but Baylor University wouldn't let us. We are powerless to actually enforce the law in Whacko, Texas.

And then, what did the victims do? Did they just shrug their shoulders and say, Oh well, we tried. Guess the rapists will get away with it, again. Oh shucks!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's my point, or question...for all such cases! A football coach, in this case, Urban Meyer, is supposed to be law enforcement, judge, jury, social worker, FIXER of all things wrong at the school!!

If the wife of an assistant coach is abused by that coach that is a crime. Let me repeat that for those of you a little slow...that is a CRIME! If that person, the wife in this case, is the victim of a crime, it is her responsibility to....wait for it....CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we are told this wife (the alleged victim) instead reports it to, not even the head coach, but to his wife, Ms. Meyer. What did the victim want Ms. Meyer to do?

I know what I would do, in such a case. First, I would ask if the "victim" is okay, physically, and then say, okay, you can use my phone....CALL THE POLICE! Report it! Press charges! And, do you have family where you can go to....now, ya know, if you don't feel safe staying in your house. In other words, sorry this is happening to you, but this is a personal matter....strictly between you and your husband, and if a crime has been committed, then law enforcement needs to be involved.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL, THE UNIVERSITY, THE HEAD COACH, THE FANS, THE ALUMNI, THE CURRENT STUDENTS, THE PLAYERS, THE OTHER COACHES!!!

And....what if the "victim" responds, I don't want to call the police, my abusing husband will go to jail, lose his cushy six-figure salary job and I might have to go to work at the Piggly Wiggly to support myself. I want Coach Meyer (in this case) to tell my husband to stop abusing me. Really? I know what I would do, in such a case, I would give the "victim" one more chance to call the police herself, or I would. I would tell the police: obviously, I don't know how true, or not, this alleged abuse is, but the alleged "victim" has disclosed to me a crime has been committed, and I am passing on this information to you, law enforcement. Now, you investigate it.
    I agree 100%. I told people on this board back during the Baylor fiasco that we were crossing a dangerous line, making our head football coaches responsible for being judge, jury and executioner, and that we would likely start seeing more of this. It's absurd. Football coaches don't have the resources, the knowledge, the experience --not to mention the LEGAL AUTHORITY-- to interview potential suspects and/or witnesses), etc.... That's the Police's job. And in Urban Meyer's case, he may not have even known about it.

I said it for Art Briles and I'll say it for Urban Meyer (whom I'm no fan of), we DON'T WANT our football coaches doing rape and abuse "investigations". We don't expect the police to coach football on Saturdays, and we shouldn't expect the coaches to do these CRIMINAL investigations. They are not equipped to do it, and have no business doing it just because they lead an athletic program at the local school.

Since Ohio State is one of college football's Blue Bloods, it will be really interesting to see how the NCAA and society at large handle this. When it was a small private school in Waco, TX, it was really easy for everyone to just wipe out (metaphorically speaking) everybody in sight (e.g., Briles, the AD, the school prez, etc...) and just move on. Nobody cared much about the long term consequences of shifting this "policing responsibility" to coaches. But now that a Blue Blood is involved, people may actually look closer and pay attention to what we are asking these coaches to do.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Should be the standard for any level of any sport. The leagues should not be handing down punishment. That is the job of law enforcement. These pros beating their wives and then getting suspended for 6 games started it all. Put them in jail and allow the teams to just cut the player and revoke the salary. College is just following their NFL example.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

These guys know everything that goes on. Many/most times the AD and President does too.

Paterno knew about the child molesting.

Briles knew about the rapes.

Meyer knew about the beating(s).

These are just some of the ones who got caught.

+ Reply to Thread