+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dooley trashes Tech, again.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dooley trashes Tech, again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I've seen the full quotes he gave elsewhere. Outside of the dead-end job comment he was complimentary about Tech. They just don't run them in this story. And outside of the dead-end job comments everything else he said was true.
    Yep, starts of trashing the state of the program when he arrived.....which was not good and then says it got better thanks largely to him (which is true). I don't think he needs to be quite as harsh as he is, but it's mostly accurate besides the coaching graveyard comment.

About the Tech job before Dooley: Aillet is in the Hall of Fame. Lambright will someday join him. Brewer left Tech for Ole Miss. Williams retired from Tech a winner. Peace was offered the Mississippi State job but turned it down because his father, Raymond Peace, was ill at the time. Crowton left to become OC for the Chicago Bears. And if Bicknell had the types of schdules we have today, or that Dooley had for that matter, he would have eventually gotten the BC job.

So it was actually one of the best jobs in what is now the G5. Facility issues and all.
    Bicknell was no great coach, but if he had the schedules that we have had more recently I have no doubt he would have gone on to bigger things. His schedules were brutal and he still managed to make some noise every once in a while. Swap a sure loss for a winnable game for most of his seasons and he would have been to a few more bowl games and looked quite a bit better.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Remember Dooley's remark that at Tech he had the best AD -- himself.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    He ought to see about landing a Athletic Director position rather than a coach. He was much better in that role than HC.
    He moved and shook early on. He coached a great game against lsu. His attitude toward the fans took a 180 from his first 6 months to his last year. He went form engaging and hustling to ignoring the small people. I suppose that is better than the guy we have now who started out ignoring most everyone, then learned who to ignore by getting close to only a few of the money people.

FWIW, Dooly was the first coach to screw with the helmets (stripe) and who gave us the stupid logos and puppy dog. His branding ideas were HORRIBLE.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Obviously he has a huge ego, but his Powerpoint presentation that he brought to Tech and Tails some years back, explaining why we needed to start LTAC, and the goal of membership in C-USA did it for me. I've been on board as a contributor ever since.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

"We had a really good year my second year. Disappointing my third year. We had a run of injuries and other things. But in my mind I wasn’t going anywhere. I loved it there. I had a great situation. We were in a good recruiting area. We were signing good players. I knew if we just stayed the course we’d do what they’re doing now, competing for the league every year, wining nine games, going to bowls. We started doing that."
    You continue to be my favorite poster -- never read a post from you that was not well thought out -- the 10 years before Dooley we signed 1 3 star player-- Dooley preached dorms, facilities etc and the signing of 3 star athletes took off. A fund raiser to get a big screen TV at stadium headed up by a group of alum was shot down (Dan N) raised the money and when he could not get approval he moved his personal $$ to LSU (not sure I can trust the person who told me) Dan was once our co-announcer with Dave . Dooley was a mediocre coach but a solid AD.
    Thanks for your counter post ....

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Yep, starts of trashing the state of the program when he arrived.....which was not good and then says it got better thanks largely to him (which is true). I don't think he needs to be quite as harsh as he is, but it's mostly accurate besides the coaching graveyard comment.

Bicknell was no great coach, but if he had the schedules that we have had more recently I have no doubt he would have gone on to bigger things. His schedules were brutal and he still managed to make some noise every once in a while. Swap a sure loss for a winnable game for most of his seasons and he would have been to a few more bowl games and looked quite a bit better.
    I agree 100% about Jack and defy any unbiased poster to look at the schedule Bicknel had-- basically beat the teams he should beat and occasionally beat the "big boys"-- been posting this for years--

Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    Obviously he has a huge ego, but his Powerpoint presentation that he brought to Tech and Tails some years back, explaining why we needed to start LTAC, and the goal of membership in C-USA did it for me. I've been on board as a contributor ever since.
    I was there and I still remember the powerpoint showing Tech rooms and the S Miss dorms-- powerfull -- amazing that he focused on the disadvantage we had in recruiting-- woke me up about how broke we were-- like you I went to another level of support ... Tech and Tails off to great start after that

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    You continue to be my favorite poster -- never read a post from you that was not well thought out -- the 10 years before Dooley we signed 1 3 star player-- Dooley preached dorms, facilities etc and the signing of 3 star athletes took off. A fund raiser to get a big screen TV at stadium headed up by a group of alum was shot down (Dan N) raised the money and when he could not get approval he moved his personal $$ to LSU (not sure I can trust the person who told me) Dan was once our co-announcer with Dave . Dooley was a mediocre coach but a solid AD.
    Thanks for your counter post ....
    D65: This is just another quote Dooley gave the St. Louis paper they ran in another story. This was straight from Dooley.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Does anybody even listen to what Precious says anymore after this babble? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0asvA-xIAzE

The Dallas Cowboys receivers certainly had no respect for him.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Dooley has always been full of himself, but what attorney isn't? He did, however, get some good things accomplished during his three years at Tech. For starters, he taught us that washing our stadium from time to time might be a good idea, and that perhaps we should match the colors of blue paint on all parts of the stadium. We had allowed athletics to go so far down under Dr Dan that we needed a total outsider to show us just how bad a level our program had sunk to. He set up some basic program fundamentals that we've been able to steadily build on. I give him credit for that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Dooley has always been full of himself, but what attorney isn't? He did, however, get some good things accomplished during his three years at Tech. For starters, he taught us that washing our stadium from time to time might be a good idea, and that perhaps we should match the colors of blue paint on all parts of the stadium. We had allowed athletics to go so far down under Dr Dan that we needed a total outsider to show us just how bad a level our program had sunk to. He set up some basic program fundamentals that we've been able to steadily build on. I give him credit for that.
    Me too. It was tough medicine for LA Tech's leadership to swallow, but we're MUCH better for it.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post

I remember some of his observations of things that now seem so patently obvious, like power-washing the stadium, and the consistent blue paint. Asking an assistant where we got our bulldog symbols, and was told they would just go pull something off the internet. Why were we paying for uniforms when Nike or Adidas would supply them at no cost. And creating the LaTech logo, and the new bulldog, and trade-marking both.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    And creating the LaTech logo, and the new bulldog, and trade-marking both.
    Turned out to be a bad thing. It was never a LaTech logo, it was LATECH which our people converted to LATech. The puppy dog was horrible from day one and they found it on the internet. Trademarks mean nothing.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Opinions being presented as facts. The LATECH logo is fine, as is the bulldog. The only place the bulldog does not belong at all is on the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Opinions being presented as facts. The LATECH logo is fine, as is the bulldog. The only place the bulldog does not belong at all is on the helmet.
    Your opinion being stated as fact above.

If you took a poll, the bulldog would fail.

LATECH is fine, but our people don't use that. They use LATech 98% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread