+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heart of Dallas Bowl gets new sponsor/name

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Heart of Dallas Bowl gets new sponsor/name

https://www.firstresponderbowl.com/n...9nnqvzu98noxcn

DALLAS – In a joint effort to honor the service and sacrifice of America’s First Responders, the annual college football bowl game played at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, Texas has been renamed the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl. Kickoff for the newly christened SERVPRO First Responder Bowl is set for December 26 at 12:30 p.m. CT (1:30 p.m. ET) and will be televised by ESPN. The agreement between ESPN Events and SERVPRO was brokered by Denver-based Impression Sports & Entertainment.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Heart of Dallas Bowl gets new sponsor/name

Stays in Dallas, keeps its previous date and theme. Only thing different is the sponsor.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Stays in Dallas, keeps its previous date and theme. Only thing different is the sponsor.
    I still believe it will be gone in 2019 - possibly to Austin

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Televised by ESPN.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I still believe it will be gone in 2019 - possibly to Austin
    In Dallas it's in direct competition with the Armed Forces Bowl and the Frisco Bowl, not to mention the Cotton Bowl. At least one does need to move. Austin would be okay so long as they don't play it in some HS stadium (remember the 1969 Gantland Rice Bowl in Baton Rouge), but I can't see UT letting them use Memoria/DKR for a minor bowl game. I am not familiar with HS stadia around Austin but I don't think they're quite as posh as those around Dallas. Houston ISD's certainly aren't. Some of you others may be more familiar with the Austin area.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I liked it. Old Cotton Bowl Stadium. And the atmosphere of a Big 10 team, with their HUGE band...it felt like a bowl game. The only gripe, I guess, is there didn't appear to be a lot of other activity at the stadium, to get fans involved. Maybe there was and we just missed it. It was at Christmas, Dec 26, as I recall. Me and mine were in Houston with my son's family and drove up to Dallas the morning of the game, went to the game, and then drove home afterwards. With family and friend obligations re: the holidays, it was the best I could do to include the game in our busy social calendar. hah!

For me, the best bowls for Tech means the best possible opponent, and like it or not, that usually means a P5. Navy was an awesome opponent! Loved that bowl game. They were ranked....yes, Pawdawg, Navy was ranked...and besides, they have a great reputation and are highly respected in CFB. Nice crowd of about 40K and great atmosphere in Fort Worth.

Illinois is not exactly a football powerhouse but they are in the Big 10, one of the so-called "elite" conferences, and as such bring tradition to the table. Tech will always be the David to such a Goliath, even when we are clearly the better team. I like the underdog role. The HoD Bowl can be successful if it matches a G5 vs P5. Fans like to watch such games. The UCF vs. Auburn bowl game drew a huge national TV audience, even though it was on at the same time as other bowls. (one of the drawbacks of a January 1 bowl game....lot of competition for attention).

The best of the 4 recent bowls I have attended, for fan involvement, was the NO Bowl. The Fan Fest in the plaza adjacent to the Dome is simply awesome. The Armed Forces Bowl had such a fan fest, but it was in a temporarily constructed, fenced-in area, and they misjudged how many people would attend. It was a sardine can in there.

Anyway, we are riding a 4-game win streak in bowls, one of just four programs who can make that claim (Wisconsin, Georgia, Utah, and TECH), and I am looking forward to getting "one for the thumb" this year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I liked it. Old Cotton Bowl Stadium. And the atmosphere of a Big 10 team, with their HUGE band...it felt like a bowl game. The only gripe, I guess, is there didn't appear to be a lot of other activity at the stadium, to get fans involved. Maybe there was and we just missed it. It was at Christmas, Dec 26, as I recall. Me and mine were in Houston with my son's family and drove up to Dallas the morning of the game, went to the game, and then drove home afterwards. With family and friend obligations re: the holidays, it was the best I could do to include the game in our busy social calendar. hah!

For me, the best bowls for Tech means the best possible opponent, and like it or not, that usually means a P5. Navy was an awesome opponent! Loved that bowl game. They were ranked....yes, Pawdawg, Navy was ranked...and besides, they have a great reputation and are highly respected in CFB. Nice crowd of about 40K and great atmosphere in Fort Worth.

Illinois is not exactly a football powerhouse but they are in the Big 10, one of the so-called "elite" conferences, and as such bring tradition to the table. Tech will always be the David to such a Goliath, even when we are clearly the better team. I like the underdog role. The HoD Bowl can be successful if it matches a G5 vs P5. Fans like to watch such games. The UCF vs. Auburn bowl game drew a huge national TV audience, even though it was on at the same time as other bowls. (one of the drawbacks of a January 1 bowl game....lot of competition for attention).

The best of the 4 recent bowls I have attended, for fan involvement, was the NO Bowl. The Fan Fest in the plaza adjacent to the Dome is simply awesome. The Armed Forces Bowl had such a fan fest, but it was in a temporarily constructed, fenced-in area, and they misjudged how many people would attend. It was a sardine can in there.

Anyway, we are riding a 4-game win streak in bowls, one of just four programs who can make that claim (Wisconsin, Georgia, Utah, and TECH), and I am looking forward to getting "one for the thumb" this year.
    I think the day-after-Christmas date killed a lot of activity that might have otherwise happened. It was very difficult to find a restaurant open the night before the game, and when you did the waiting list was ridiculous. Still, I agree, getting to play -- and beat -- a Big 10 team in the game was awesome.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The Dallas Bowl and the Ft. Worth Bowl are both owned by ESPN and operated by ESPN Events staffers based in the Metroplex. One set of volunteers work one bowl . . . the next week another set of volunteers come in for the second bowl. Similar to how the Poinsettia and Holiday bowls used to work together.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 08-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The Dallas Bowl and the Ft. Worth Bowl are both owned by ESPN and operated by ESPN staffers based in the Metroplex.
    Yes thanks. I believe the "all in the family" thing is what helped us get located in at least one of our two appearances.

+ Reply to Thread