Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
I've seen the full quotes he gave elsewhere. Outside of the dead-end job comment he was complimentary about Tech. They just don't run them in this story. And outside of the dead-end job comments everything else he said was true.
Yep, starts of trashing the state of the program when he arrived.....which was not good and then says it got better thanks largely to him (which is true). I don't think he needs to be quite as harsh as he is, but it's mostly accurate besides the coaching graveyard comment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
About the Tech job before Dooley: Aillet is in the Hall of Fame. Lambright will someday join him. Brewer left Tech for Ole Miss. Williams retired from Tech a winner. Peace was offered the Mississippi State job but turned it down because his father, Raymond Peace, was ill at the time. Crowton left to become OC for the Chicago Bears. And if Bicknell had the types of schdules we have today, or that Dooley had for that matter, he would have eventually gotten the BC job.

So it was actually one of the best jobs in what is now the G5. Facility issues and all.
Bicknell was no great coach, but if he had the schedules that we have had more recently I have no doubt he would have gone on to bigger things. His schedules were brutal and he still managed to make some noise every once in a while. Swap a sure loss for a winnable game for most of his seasons and he would have been to a few more bowl games and looked quite a bit better.