+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dooley trashes Tech, again.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Dooley trashes Tech, again.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Your opinion being stated as fact above.

If you took a poll, the bulldog would fail.

LATECH is fine, but our people don't use that. They use LATech 98% of the time.
    The bulldog is fine. In most cases its a supplementary logo, or used to set apart the male teams like the Techsters logo is used with female teams. Most people are simply indifferent to it. And when I say LATECH is fine, i meant the logo. The LATech and LATECH issue doesn’t matter to me at all, its a non-issue. If thats causing any confusion to anyone, which it shouldn’t, its because they are unfamiliar with us or don’t know how to differentiate abbreviations. Its not like it is L.A.Tech.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Your opinion being stated as fact above.
    Who would do such a thing?!

Precious and his Lah emphasis has certainly had a lasting effect hasn't it? Any of y'all wish you had your Dooley era survey back?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

I've never understood all the antipathy towards the new bulldog, as you can tell from my avatar, I'm fine with it. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the other user of a drawn bulldog, Fresno State, that thing is horrible!

And as far as trademarks meaning nothing, I think the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and most major corporations in this country would beg to differ.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

A cartoon bulldog head is pretty non-descriptive when the goal is to GET PEOPLE TO IDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE!!!!! Putting "Tech" on it helps a little bit, but it still does not achieve the goal of GETTING PEOPLE TO IDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE.

A Louisiana shape with a big "T" is unmistakably Louisiana Tech or Tulane. Most everyone knows that Tulane is a "green wave" in New Orleans, so the process of elimination is pretty apparent.

The cartoon bulldog head needs a lot of revamping for people to immediately know that it represents Louisiana Tech! Marketing 101 class is dismissed.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    A cartoon bulldog head is pretty non-descriptive when the goal is to GET PEOPLE TO IDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE!!!!! Putting "Tech" on it helps a little bit, but it still does not achieve the goal of GETTING PEOPLE TO IDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE.

A Louisiana shape with a big "T" is unmistakably Louisiana Tech or Tulane. Most everyone knows that Tulane is a "green wave" in New Orleans, so the process of elimination is pretty apparent.

The cartoon bulldog head needs a lot of revamping for people to immediately know that it represents Louisiana Tech! Marketing 101 class is dismissed.
    The Bulldog serves the same purpose other animal images do for other universities. It is 100% ok to have more than one. Just as Misssissippi State and Georgia have their letter logo as and their bulldog picture logos, we can have one as well. At least ours has Tech on it. You could certainly tweak the bulldog logo to include a State T on the collar or spell out LATECH or something else to make it more descriptive. There is no sense in dropping it at this point.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I wish it were a little meaner but it's fine as a tertiary logo and not on any uniforms, etc.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our bulldog has not yet decided what sexual identity it has taken on. Many of our fans and Dooley are good with that .

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You could certainly tweak the bulldog logo to include a State T on the collar or spell out LATECH or something else to make it more descriptive. There is no sense in dropping it at this point.
    Now you're talking. The current bulldog head cartoon is extremely nondescriptive to anyone outside of 100 miles of Ruston, LA. Its not about telling people we are one of the "Bulldogs" teams. Guess which one we are?

It is about the logo telling them we are LOUISIANA TECH. That's why this one is actually better than without the letters.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Our bulldog has not yet decided what sexual identity it has taken on. Many of our fans and Dooley are good with that .
    Snowflakes out here in the summer I tell ya!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We were in New Mexico a few years back....ski trip...although in my case it's more of a slide trip!...I have a hat that reads "TECH". That's all it says. Just "TECH." We were in town, Taos, and meet a couple coming the other way, the woman says, "Alright! Go Red Raiders!" The husband says, "No honey, that is Louisiana Tech." We chatted briefly, and he points out to his wife, the hat is red and blue, not red and black. I have not experienced, very much at all, people not knowing who Louisiana Tech is. If they are college sports' fans, even a little, they know us.

In a non-sport setting, at the Academic Center at England Air Park, Alexandria, there is a logo display in the lobby of every school who holds classes there. There are a bunch, including Northern Iowa, Central Michigan, schools from the region and of course, from across the state. I noted that every school had their name on their logo, or included in some way....except for Tech. All we have is the state-T logo. No wording at all. Most people know that is Louisiana Tech University.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Now you're talking. The current bulldog head cartoon is extremely nondescriptive to anyone outside of 100 miles of Ruston, LA. Its not about telling people we are one of the "Bulldogs" teams. Guess which one we are?

It is about the logo telling them we are LOUISIANA TECH. That's why this one is actually better than without the letters.
    Except that it's ugly. That's why this one is actually worse than without the letters (I don't care one bit about how it's capitalized, ugly either way). I understand it and almost tolerate it, but I wish it was never, ever used on uniforms or courts, etc. I don't like how it looks in a scrolling score feed or a standings table or schedule poster, but I understand why they use it (I wouldn't myself, but I understand the argument, and while I disagree with the conclusion I acknowledge that there is at least some logic to it). I wince because it's all over all of our coaches gear, but I guess better them than the actual athletes.

The Bulldog is fine. Not for helmets or mid-field logos or tickers or standings tables, but perfectly fine for accents on uniforms (like basketball shorts or whatever) and t-shirts and caps, etc.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Dooley should be given credit for getting the ball rolling with fundraising and facility improvements. However, as a coach his teams were like watching paint dry. When you add in the fact that he was a world class A$$hole, I can't say that I miss him very much. Why would anybody hire him to run an offense?

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Wow. That goon has an excuse for everything.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Dooley should be given credit for getting the ball rolling with fundraising and facility improvements. However, as a coach his teams were like watching paint dry. When you add in the fact that he was a world class A$$hole, I can't say that I miss him very much. Why would anybody hire him to run an offense?
    I'm gonna be the odd man out here and take Dooley's side for a minute. I didn't think Dooley was an A$$hole at all. Yes, he said some very tough and unflattering things about our LA Tech football program..........but every one of those unflattering things desperately needed to be said! And they needed to be heard by the right people in leadership who previously had ignored similar talk from others.

I don't think there's any question that the Derek Dooley hire will go down as LA Tech's most pivotable hire in Bulldog history. Dooley changed EVERYTHING. Albeit as an AD, much more-so than a coach. From power-washing JAS to improved communications with our alumni base, the Dooley hire changed the way the university and its' leadership viewed athletics. Dooley changed the way we raised money for athletics and set up the initial infrastructure to do it better. He convinced our leaders that young recruits "want stuff", and they finally listened. He promised us a new Jumbotron --when we were literally one of the last 3 or 4 schools in the entire country without one-- and he delivered a year later. He hired athletic department people with a ton of outside experience and expertise from bigger schools. Dooley did a better job of scheduling OOC games in Ruston (e.g., Miss St, Houston, USM, Navy, etc...) than anyone prior to his arrival. He changed our athletic culture, and it desperately needed changing.

But I agree with you about watching his teams play. His offenses were anemic. But, his defenses were solid and his special teams were fun to watch. Remember Phillip Livas?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm gonna be the odd man out here and take Dooley's side for a minute. I didn't think Dooley was an A$$hole at all. Yes, he said some very tough and unflattering things about our LA Tech football program..........but every one of those unflattering things desperately needed to be said! And they needed to be heard by the right people in leadership who previously had ignored similar talk from others.

I don't think there's any question that the Derek Dooley hire will go down as LA Tech's most pivotable hire in Bulldog history. Dooley changed EVERYTHING. Albeit as an AD, much more-so than a coach. From power-washing JAS to improved communications with our alumni base, the Dooley hire changed the way the university and its' leadership viewed athletics. Dooley changed the way we raised money for athletics and set up the initial infrastructure to do it better. He convinced our leaders that young recruits "want stuff", and they finally listened. He promised us a new Jumbotron --when we were literally one of the last 3 or 4 schools in the entire country without one-- and he delivered a year later. He hired athletic department people with a ton of outside experience and expertise from bigger schools. Dooley did a better job of scheduling OOC games in Ruston (e.g., Miss St, Houston, USM, Navy, etc...) than anyone prior to his arrival. He changed our athletic culture, and it desperately needed changing.

But I agree with you about watching his teams play. His offenses were anemic. But, his defenses were solid and his special teams were fun to watch. Remember Phillip Livas?

I agree with everything you said. He should be given credit as the catalyst for everything we are witnessing today. And the Moo State game in Ruston was one of the most entertaining games I’ve ever watched. I think what we saw on the field was his ceiling as a coach and his moving on to Tennessee was the best thing for Tech.

+ Reply to Thread