+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana State's Weaknesses

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Louisiana State's Weaknesses

Looking ahead to one of the two P5 games on LA Tech's schedule for 2018, Louisiana State's offense is a real mess right now. Since last season, STATE has lost their QB, their top 3 RB's and 3 of their top 4 receivers. In fact, according to this Orlando Sentinel article, the Tigers "enter a season for the first time since 1974 without a running back who scored a touchdown the previous season".

Think about that for a minute. 1974 was 44 years ago. That's a long time.

As a result, I really like playing this game early in the season (9/22, game 4 for the enemy, & game 3 for LA Tech). I also like the fact that the LA Tech game is squeezed between STATE's trip to Auburn and their annual beat down of Ole Miss, which should have special meaning to STATE head coach Ed Oregeron, who used to coach at Ole Miss. Hopefully, Oregeron will be looking ahead to Ole Miss, thinking about all his old friends there, and not be thinking about LA Tech.

Here's a good write-up on our opponent:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...530-story.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Louisiana State's Weaknesses

I think we can win this game. But then, we should have beaten Arkansas and South Carolina, but didn't. Do not underestimate the capacity of Holtz to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." That said, I think we have a shot. If (always "if's") the defense is as good as we all hope it is, and if Smith is actually ready to lead this team, we can win this game. And, we should know by the time that game comes around. A team capable of beating LSU in BR would donkey-stomp USA and SU.

And, it could be this will not be a very good LSU team too. Which gives us another reason to be optimistic, and that they have Ed O which nullifies any coaching advantage an SEC team is usually expected to have.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

it's obviously their lack of QBs

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think we can win this game. But then, we should have beaten Arkansas and South Carolina, but didn't. Do not underestimate the capacity of Holtz to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." That said, I think we have a shot. If (always "if's") the defense is as good as we all hope it is, and if Smith is actually ready to lead this team, we can win this game. And, we should know by the time that game comes around. A team capable of beating LSU in BR would donkey-stomp USA and SU.

And, it could be this will not be a very good LSU team too. Which gives us another reason to be optimistic, and that they have Ed O which nullifies any coaching advantage an SEC team is usually expected to have.
    This is an all caps SHOULD WIN. Or at the very least, we have the best chance we've had since we last played them.

But the deck is stacked. They have SEC piss-flinging fans, at home, with a ref crew that will give them every advantage, and the best players money can buy. They also have the greatest coaching asset one can get...Skip Holtz on the other sideline.

Look at me making all these excuses. Next thing you know Tommy will give me a job!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

HD, just so you don’t miss it, the game is actually on 9/22. All good points though.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Their defense is very good. We have to run the ball and block well in the screen/short passing game. Our linebackers have to stop the run. I really like our d line this year. Tons of experience, great size and we will finally see Willie Baker. We do that and we win.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    HD, just so you don’t miss it, the game is actually on 9/22. All good points though.
    Thank you for that. I have now corrected the typo in the initial post. I don't want any Tech fans to miss this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Their defense is very good. We have to run the ball and block well in the screen/short passing game. Our linebackers have to stop the run. I really like our d line this year. Tons of experience, great size and we will finally see Willie Baker. We do that and we win.
    Actually, based upon what I'm hearing and reading, I'm not sure LA STATE can score on us. On the other hand, with J'Mar at QB, I'm not sure we can score on them either. I expect a low scoring game this time.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

When we roll into Baton Rouge it will be very likely to play a 1-2 LSU team with a coach on the hottest of seats.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We better be 2-0 when we roll into the Great Cesspool.

Don't think it will matter one bit, but Ed O hates Tech. He played for the NSU Demons "back in the day," and as is typical of that lot, feels obligated to hate us. I doubt his players will be motivated by his hatred though. How would this play: "Listen guys, as a player I was 0-4 against Tech. This is my chance to finally beat them guys." Most players today might react, "Gee, you guys really sucked, eh coach!"

No matter their record at the time of our game, or their record at the end of the season, I can say this, LSU is absolutely loaded with NFL-quality talent. They always are. They have the talent and athleticism to make individual plays that can change a game.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's ALWAYS better for a team like Tech to face a team with a good D and a questionable O than the reverse. If J'Mar is ready, this could be a VERY good game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Skippy against P5 teams - we will play good and lead for 3 quarters then lose by 10 in the end.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

The Sporting News has LSPoo at number 18 in its pre-season top-25. I'd love to know how they arrived at that ranking. A relative that bleeds purple and piss even says the tiggers are likely to be 1-2 when we roll into town. I just hope our Bulldogs are hitting on all cylinders and Holtz coaches the game like it's a bowl game.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...41mjsjs5ieib2x

Haven't you heard, it is a bowl game. It's our SUPER BOWL, baby!

Hey...that might work. Holtz has shown the capacity to get a team ready to play in a bowl. Just declare it as so!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

We may beat them, but there is no way we win. The citizens of this state are incapable of the thought. Y'all keep it real...and remember what we are dealing with here.

+ Reply to Thread