In my opinion, the following article probably tells us the future of realignment. Grant of rights start expiring in 2023. If this guy's right, what's coming is unlike anything we've seen before because the money could be bigger than we seen before. But not because of ABC/ESPN, FOX, CBS, NBC. Those guys are paupers compared to who's probably coming to the table.

Basically, what's happened with internet broadcasting of football games doesn't hold a candle to what's coming. I'd heard some stuff about Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google (FAANG) and other wealthy, savvy internet media entities looking at college football, basketball and sports in general. But I hadn't really considered that today these guys are seriously more liquid and wealthy, with greater reach than the conventional media companies. Five years from now they're only going to be wealthier when the grant of rights start to expire and they're going to be looking for content.

Again, if this guy's right, it's going to be a monumental money grab and conference affiliations for the P5 schools could be in jeopardy, with the aftermath rolling downhill to the G5 conferences and schools. To me, it looks like the author is on the right track. Read it closely and take the time to look at the comments. He is good about re-engaging commentators to discuss points and clarify. If nothing else, the comment thread is more intelligent than you find on most sports boards.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Conference-Re-alignment-future-football-Ohio-State-Texas-Oklahoma-Notre-Dame-Alabama-Michigan-SEC-Pac-12-Big-10-ACC--118642101

(Thanks to SportsTalk 97.7 for posting the article on FB yesterday.)