+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Surprise of 2018

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Up Political Surprise of 2018

I believe this one as the pollsters have been very wrong for years and Newt is usually dead-on correct.

Newt Gingrich: Get ready for the great political surprise of 2018

The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory.

After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock.

Two very interesting columns (one by Barry Casselman and one by Scott Adams) illustrate how the media is deceiving itself.

Casselman contends that the Democratic victory in Alabama may have blocked a year-long embarrassment and actually strengthened Republican prospects in the Senate. He asserts there may be a new political wave coming, but no one knows whether it will be a red or blue wave.

As I listened to the end of the year "analysts," I was struck by how little they know, how little they have questioned their own mistakes, and how mutually reinforcing their false information has been.

Adams, the author of Dilbert, has a list of 20 political opinions and predictions made about President Trump and his Administration, which were just plain wrong. He suggests if you were wrong about 15 or more of these assertions, you might quit talking about politics while Trump is in the White House. By Adams’s standard, most elite "analysts" would have to be quiet, because they have been so consistently wrong about Trump.

As I listened to the end of the year "analysts," I was struck by how little they know, how little they have questioned their own mistakes, and how mutually reinforcing their false information has been.

These are not analysts. These are liberal propagandists. Much of what they assert is just plain wrong. Fake news is, sadly, an accurate term. And the topic about which they have been the most fake is the GOP’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

First, the media lied about the tax bill in an effort to convince most Americans their taxes would go up.

Then, the media took surveys of people who opposed the GOP bill based on the false information supplied by the media.
    Then, the media talked again and again about how unpopular the Republican plan was and how it was going to weaken Republican candidates in 2018.
    Then, the bill passed, and unsurprisingly, it turned out to be dramatically better for Americans than the elite media had described.

In fact, the tax cuts will be the 2018 proving ground of media liberal bias and dishonesty.

CBS News just provided a vivid example of the false impressions created by the liberal news media’s lies. They interviewed three families about how they expected the GOP tax bill to affect them. Then they had a CPA tell them, on camera, what they would actually be paying in taxes next year.

Of course, after months of convincing most Americans their taxes would go up, the three families either expected to be paying more in taxes or to not save any money. And you can tell by watching the segment that the liberal hosts expected the same.

Of course, it turned out that all three families would pay less under the GOP tax cuts than under current law.

A North Carolina single mother with an income slightly under $40,000 who didn’t think she would be affected will keep about $1,300 more per year under the GOP bill.
    Two college teachers in Rhode Island with a joint income of over $150,000 a year thought they would pay more taxes, but they will actually pay about $650 less under the GOP tax cut.

The biggest surprise in the CBS report was the impact the tax cuts would have on a California couple with three children, a small business, and earning an income of approximately $300,000. The family believed that because California is a high-tax state, that capping state and local tax deductions would really hurt them. Instead, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will save them nearly $13,000 in taxes.

The look on the three families faces as they learned how much they would be saving was remarkable to behold.

The CBS analyst concluded "every one of the families will have more money in their pocket next year."
    As my colleague Joe Desantis wrote me: "This segment drove me crazy. As if CBS was incapable of doing math before the tax cuts passed."

The gap between the news media falsehoods and the dramatically better reality of the GOP tax cuts will have three huge effects on the 2018 campaign:

1. The American people will be positively surprised and pleased by the degree to which Republicans kept their word and actually put more money in taxpayer pockets.
    After 10 months of frustration from trying to repeal Obamacare, Republicans have proven they can get big things done.

2. The news media’s dishonesty will be vivid at a personal level. People will be able to compare their personal experience with the news media's fake reporting and endless bias. As the truth sinks in, the ability of the liberal media to shape opinion will decline even further.

3. Democrats who voted against the bill will live to regret it as people look at their family budgets and realize Democrats in the House and Senate wanted Washington bureaucrats to have more money, rather than hard-working Americans. This will certainly be a losing proposition for the 10 Senate Democrats up for re-election in states President Trump won in 2016.
    In fact, the stage is being set for a definitive election.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...rise-2018.html

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Political Surprise of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I believe this one as the pollsters have been very wrong for years and Newt is usually dead-on correct.

Newt Gingrich: Get ready for the great political surprise of 2018

The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory.
    After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock.
    Two very interesting columns (one by Barry Casselman and one by Scott Adams) illustrate how the media is deceiving itself.

Casselman contends that the Democratic victory in Alabama may have blocked a year-long embarrassment and actually strengthened Republican prospects in the Senate. He asserts there may be a new political wave coming, but no one knows whether it will be a red or blue wave.
    Adams, the author of Dilbert, has a list of 20 political opinions and predictions made about President Trump and his Administration, which were just plain wrong. He suggests if you were wrong about 15 or more of these assertions, you might quit talking about politics while Trump is in the White House. By Adams’s standard, most elite "analysts" would have to be quiet, because they have been so consistently wrong about Trump.
    These are not analysts. These are liberal propagandists. Much of what they assert is just plain wrong. Fake news is, sadly, an accurate term. And the topic about which they have been the most fake is the GOP’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
    First, the media lied about the tax bill in an effort to convince most Americans their taxes would go up.
    Then, the media took surveys of people who opposed the GOP bill based on the false information supplied by the media.
    Then, the media talked again and again about how unpopular the Republican plan was and how it was going to weaken Republican candidates in 2018.
    Then, the bill passed, and unsurprisingly, it turned out to be dramatically better for Americans than the elite media had described.
    In fact, the tax cuts will be the 2018 proving ground of media liberal bias and dishonesty.
    CBS News just provided a vivid example of the false impressions created by the liberal news media’s lies. They interviewed three families about how they expected the GOP tax bill to affect them. Then they had a CPA tell them, on camera, what they would actually be paying in taxes next year.
    Of course, after months of convincing most Americans their taxes would go up, the three families either expected to be paying more in taxes or to not save any money. And you can tell by watching the segment that the liberal hosts expected the same.
    Of course, it turned out that all three families would pay less under the GOP tax cuts than under current law.
    A North Carolina single mother with an income slightly under $40,000 who didn’t think she would be affected will keep about $1,300 more per year under the GOP bill.
    Two college teachers in Rhode Island with a joint income of over $150,000 a year thought they would pay more taxes, but they will actually pay about $650 less under the GOP tax cut.
    The biggest surprise in the CBS report was the impact the tax cuts would have on a California couple with three children, a small business, and earning an income of approximately $300,000. The family believed that because California is a high-tax state, that capping state and local tax deductions would really hurt them. Instead, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will save them nearly $13,000 in taxes.
    The look on the three families faces as they learned how much they would be saving was remarkable to behold.
    The CBS analyst concluded "every one of the families will have more money in their pocket next year."
    As my colleague Joe Desantis wrote me: "This segment drove me crazy. As if CBS was incapable of doing math before the tax cuts passed."
    The gap between the news media falsehoods and the dramatically better reality of the GOP tax cuts will have three huge effects on the 2018 campaign:
    1. The American people will be positively surprised and pleased by the degree to which Republicans kept their word and actually put more money in taxpayer pockets. After 10 months of frustration from trying to repeal Obamacare, Republicans have proven they can get big things done.

2. The news media’s dishonesty will be vivid at a personal level. People will be able to compare their personal experience with the news media's fake reporting and endless bias. As the truth sinks in, the ability of the liberal media to shape opinion will decline even further.

3. Democrats who voted against the bill will live to regret it as people look at their family budgets and realize Democrats in the House and Senate wanted Washington bureaucrats to have more money, rather than hard-working Americans. This will certainly be a losing proposition for the 10 Senate Democrats up for re-election in states President Trump won in 2016.
    In fact, the stage is being set for a definitive election.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...rise-2018.html
    I hope this is true.

To make Guiss happy, I will wait for Hannity's take on this before I make up my mind!

He will, of course, get his marching orders from the guy that got a thrill up his leg looking at Obama.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

GWB gave me a raise that was HUGE when his tax cuts happened back in the day. The whole time the press was telling us that it was a tax cut for the rich. No, it was a tax cut for EVERYONE but people who didn't pay taxes. The same will be true this time. This tax cut will be the equivalent of a big raise for me. The corporate tax cut might even allow us to hire more staff which we desperately need. I mean it when I say the timing couldn't be better for my family and it my situation is similar to many others the Republicans will benefit from it.

I am concerned about two things. I believe that this will firmly plant more than half the population as not paying federal taxes. That has the potential of being very problematic long term. I also don't see how Obamacare stays solvent. That WILL be a big loss for Republicans whether they believe it or not.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I also don't see how Obamacare stays solvent. That WILL be a big loss for Republicans whether they believe it or not.
    Obamacare was not solvent from day one. It was never intended to be. I was intended to go broke and went broke after the year one cycle. Do you really know conservative voters who will now vote democrat because they think Obamacare is a good thing?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

After a couple more years of Donald Trump being POTUS, our economy will be so hot that the coming decade go down in history as the "Soaring Twenties". ALL Republicans will all love Trump then, including the POS establishment RHINOS.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    After a couple more years of Donald Trump being POTUS, our economy will be so hot that the coming decade go down in history as the "Soaring Twenties". ALL Republicans will all love Trump then, including the POS establishment RHINOS.
    I hope you're right about the economy. Seems like it should happen with the reduction in regulations alone.

The rest is EXACTLY right. THese days people look at Trump and say he is not enough like Reagan and should be more mainstream. But, I remember the Reagan years well, and I remember the same attacks by the media toward him, and the same hyperventilating and fear mongering about how he will get us into a nuclear war and destroy the economy and blah blah blah.

Reagan was a populist JUST LIKE TRUMP. He was equally hated by the dems and the establishment republicans alike. Like Trump, he stuck to his convictions while being bombarded with policy and personal attacks, and in the end he reshaped the Republican party by creating conservatives in the style of Newt and others.

Granted, Trump is a little more raw and in-your-face than Reagan was, but that's because Reagan was from Illinois/California and Trump is an obnoxious yankee from New York.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Spoke with my CPA today. He was hitting the highlights of the Trump Tax Plan and all the great things it will do for MOST Americans. Well, EVERY American will benefit in some way, but the very wealthy will have some tradeoffs. For most of us....with incomes under $5 million annually, we will do nothing but benefit. For those of you in that $5 mil+ income bracket, like Hogdawg, you'll have to make some choices, but there are tax breaks for you too.

The timing is perfect for me too. I am liquidating some assets in 2018 and will enjoy the extra special tax treatments of the Trump Plan!!!

Happy New Year!

Now, as for the '18 mid-terms, I agree, the lamestream media and the libtards will get smoked again. Newt is correct. I have been a Newt Gingrich "fan" ever since he burst onto the national stage. I voted for him in the 2012 Louisiana Republican Primary. Went to see his speech, and stayed for a forum at Louisiana College. He has forgotten more than the entire 'crap party and the lamestream media know.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It is so blatantly obvious.

Announcements like this could make the actual elections coming up interesting indeed.

Manchin reveals he regrets Clinton support, could back Trump in 2020

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said in an interview published Wednesday that he regrets backing Hillary Clinton in 2016, and hinted that he could back President Trump’s re-election in 2020 -- as he looks to fend off a Republican challenger in November.

In an interview with Politico, Manchin said that he urged the doomed Democrat in 2016 not to travel to the coal-rich state after she said she planned “to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.”

He said he considered pulling his endorsement, but that Clinton came to the state and promised that if elected, she would make sure devastated areas of West Virginia would receive highways, broadband Internet and a hydroelectic dam.

“It (endorsing her) was a mistake. It was a mistake politically,” he said, although he added that the offer of federal funding could not be refused. “Is this about me? Or trying to help a part of my state that’s never recovered and is having a tough time?”

Manchin also hinted that he could cross party lines in 2020 and back President Trump’s re-election.

The faces of the Democrat party.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Announcements like this could make the actual elections coming up interesting indeed.

Manchin reveals he regrets Clinton support, could back Trump in 2020

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said in an interview published Wednesday that he regrets backing Hillary Clinton in 2016, and hinted that he could back President Trump’s re-election in 2020 -- as he looks to fend off a Republican challenger in November.

In an interview with Politico, Manchin said that he urged the doomed Democrat in 2016 not to travel to the coal-rich state after she said she planned “to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.”

He said he considered pulling his endorsement, but that Clinton came to the state and promised that if elected, she would make sure devastated areas of West Virginia would receive highways, broadband Internet and a hydroelectic dam.

“It (endorsing her) was a mistake. It was a mistake politically,” he said, although he added that the offer of federal funding could not be refused. “Is this about me? Or trying to help a part of my state that’s never recovered and is having a tough time?”

Manchin also hinted that he could cross party lines in 2020 and back President Trump’s re-election.
    Having lived in WV for almost 10 years, I know that you cannot trust ANYTHING Joe Manchin says. Heck, he was even supporting legislation that attacked the coal industry himself (his very constituents) when he thought it was politically expedient to do so.

He is just trying to get re-elected in a state that went "YUGE" for Trump in the last election. 40% of dems voted for a guy serving time in Texas for fraud during the 2012 dem primary.

I guess they just don't like it when people attack their livelihood.

A true turning point in 2018 and 2020? ​It could get real interesting.

#WALKAWAY CAMPAIGN EXPLODES – FED-UP DEMS LEAVE PARTY

Woke: 'Light bulb isn't even the word. It's like the sun came up'

It’s “intolerant, inflexible, illogical, hateful, misguided, ill-informed, un-American, hypocritical, menacing, callous, ignorant, narrow-minded and at times blatantly fascistic,” says a new political activist who has created a campaign online to oppose a party that he says he’s leaving.

Naturally, he was a silver-spoon-in-mouth Republican, with corporate executive parents and privilege from morning until night, and he’s fed up, right?

Well. No.
    He’s leaving liberalism and the Democrats.
    His video is titled “#WalkAway Campaign – Why I left liberalism & the Democratic Party” and is one of those must-see projects.

Be forwarned about offensive images in the video:

Click link to view

Brandon Straka explains he’s, “for years,” watched as the “left has devolved” into that list of negatives above.
    So now it’s over.

He’s online at Facebook and other social media sites and his campaign is moving in viral leaps and bounds.

He explains the movement is “dedicated to sharing the stories of people who can no longer accept the current ideology of liberalism and what the Democratic Party has become.”
    The reason is the ugly turn the party has taken in recent years, especially since Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election. He left in the dust the now twice-failed Democrat Hillary Clinton.
    Since then she’s been on a nonstop tour blaming, well, everyone else, for her loss. Democrats have stalled and stymied Trump’s agenda whenever they can. They’ve started investigations, possibly even with made-up claims. Their rhetoric has reached epic proportions, including encouraging people to confront administration workers wherever they are and telling them they are not welcome.

The new social media group explains it exists to encourage and support those on the left to walk away from the divisive tenets by allowing people to share their stories, or watch the video testimonies and read the posts of others who have walked away.
    “It is my sincere hope that you will join me in this campaign and that we may start a movement in this country – which not only encourages others to walk away from the divisive left, but also takes back the narrative from the liberal media about what it means to be a conservative in America,” Straka states.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/06/walkaway-...yktIw0eqmiU.99

[/COLOR]

And this article.

DEMOCRATS LOSE GROUND IN MIDTERMS

Backlash grows over outrageous response to Trump's border enforcement

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/#54ol526ER88y6DAA.99

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/05/Nan...si-300x100.png

+ Reply to Thread