+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dooley on Tech: "I loved it there"

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Dooley on Tech: "I loved it there"

If we're going to have a thread focusing on something negative Dooley said about Tech (that wasn't even accurate), let's give the entire picture, including the most important thing he said about Tech to the sports writer who interviewed him: "I loved it there""

"We had a really good year my second year. Disappointing my third year. We had a run of injuries and other things. But in my mind I wasn’t going anywhere. I loved it there. I had a great situation. We were in a good recruiting area. We were signing good players. I knew if we just stayed the course we’d do what they’re doing now, competing for the league every year, wining nine games, going to bowls. We started doing that."

"https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/derek-dooley-q-a-this-isn-t-my-offense-it/article_98f3fa53-045b-57f6-a34c-0c423ca0bff8.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Dooley on Tech: "I loved it there"

"It's a dead end job," says Dooley. (Even though it obviously isn't, even for him.)

Let's see...he went from a "dead end" job to having to coach AA high school ball somewhere, right? Is that what happened as a result of him being stuck in a "dead end" job? No, wait! That's not what happened to him.

Oh, he's just an anomaly, the exception. Yeah, except Dykes parlayed his stint in that "dead end" job to an opportunity in the PAC 12....where he did end up in a true "dead end" job!

Holtz? Guess we'll see what plays out for him....poor sap, stuck in this "dead end" job.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    "It's a dead end job," says Dooley. (Even though it obviously isn't, even for him.)

Let's see...he went from a "dead end" job to having to coach AA high school ball somewhere, right? Is that what happened as a result of him being stuck in a "dead end" job? No, wait! That's not what happened to him.

Oh, he's just an anomaly, the exception. Yeah, except Dykes parlayed his stint in that "dead end" job to an opportunity in the PAC 12....where he did end up in a true "dead end" job!

Holtz? Guess we'll see what plays out for him....poor sap, stuck in this "dead end" job.
    There is already a thread for what you posted. I'd like to use this thread to focus on what else he said. He loved Tech, as did Aillet, Lambright, Peace, Brewer, Crowton, and even Bicknell.

Jack is the one who loved to tell the story about how he had a listed phone number until about 2003, five years into the job. In all those years he only had a handful of negative calls and everyone who called always gave their name and was respectful. Around 2010, Crowton told a former co-worker of mine who is a leader in the Mormon church in Louisiana that Ruston and Tech were great places that he loved very much.

And it was Dykes who told an alumni group in Baton Rouge in 2012 that the Tech job was one of the top 5 in the G5, especially after Tech got into CUSA.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Who put a gun to his head and made Dooley state: Tech is a dead end job? I'm guessing no one did.

Tech can be labeled as a "stepping stone" job, if one's aim is to land a high-paying gig at some P5. I wish we didn't have that tag, but that isn't reality right now. It's true across the board too, from football to hoops to baseball. But, Louisiana Tech is NOT a dead end job. That is stupid for someone to say that when there is so much historic data to dispute it.

And, of all people, to say it, Derek Dooley....wow! who parlayed his stint here into one of the most sought-after jobs in college football. Tennessee has one of the largest athletic budgets in the nation. They get 107K fans for home games. They are an anchor program in the best CFB conference in the nation. And Dooley went straight from here....to there. That reeks of being a "back stabbing beotch!"

Please note: in an attempt to clean up my act, I did not call Dooley a "back stabbing beotch." I stated what he did demonstrates traits of someone who is. There's a difference.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Please note: in an attempt to clean up my act, I did not call Dooley a "back stabbing beotch." I stated what he did demonstrates traits of someone who is. There's a difference.
    .....but not much.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

This is a disingenuous take on what he said.

He stated it "was a dead-end job" when he took it and a that he was in a time warp into the 70s. By the end of the tenure he basically said things were working and that he thought he could be successful there.

Sure he's boosting his own ego, but things did kind of suck in 2006.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It sure did. The ending of the Bicknell era was bad. Real bad. We had signs like "Help Jack pack", "Joakes on us", "Reneau, How low will we go?"

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I remember signs sayig "Joe must go" at the end of his era.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Dooley is a fibber!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Thanks Banjo for pointing that out. He is correct. AT THAT TIME, it was a dead-end job with a dead-end President.

dej.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Thanks Banjo for pointing that out. He is correct. AT THAT TIME, it was a dead-end job with a dead-end President.

Attachment 14289
    Gawd! can you please stop blaming GWB for everything.

And Dooley is either ignorant or a liar, or both! Billy Brewer went from Tech to Ole Miss....last time I looked, that is also an SEC job. Crowton had options too, but chose to go to the Bears, instead of taking another college job at that time. The reason Bicknell did not get such an opportunity has everything to do with him, and nothing to do with Tech.

Louisiana Tech is NOT a dead-end job, and never has been.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

And Dooley is either ignorant or a liar, or both! Billy Brewer went from Tech to Ole Miss....last time I looked, that is also an SEC job. Crowton had options too, but chose to go to the Bears, instead of taking another college job at that time. The reason Bicknell did not get such an opportunity has everything to do with him, and nothing to do with Tech.

Louisiana Tech is NOT a dead-end job, and never has been.
    Peace also had opportunities. Not football, but TJ Eagles got an SEC job. Some would say we had another coach we lost to a P5 school, but I refuse to discuss that one.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Peace also had opportunities. Not football, but TJ Eagles got an SEC job. Some would say we had another coach we lost to a P5 school, but I refuse to discuss that one.
    Torbush?

+ Reply to Thread