+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dooley on Tech: "I loved it there"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Dooley on Tech: "I loved it there"

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Torbush?
    No not HIM, but he probably saw LaTech as a dead end. He left for a DC job at UNC (I think), but that was our gain. He was not going to be a good fit.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Peace also had opportunities. Not football, but TJ Eagles got an SEC job. Some would say we had another coach we lost to a P5 school, but I refuse to discuss that one.
    Andy Russo left for the Univ of Washington Huskies, of the PAC 10. Mike White went to Florida, SEC. Eagles went to Auburn, SEC. Of course, we've had a bunch of former Lady Techster coaches who jumped to some P5 school.

As I posted before, if anything, Tech can be classified as a "stepping stone" school, a label I wish we didn't have, but that's the reality, due mostly to budgets. But we are not, and have never been, a "dead end" school. Dooley is full of chit.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Andy Russo left for the Univ of Washington Huskies, of the PAC 10. Mike White went to Florida, SEC. Eagles went to Auburn, SEC. Of course, we've had a bunch of former Lady Techster coaches who jumped to some P5 school.

As I posted before, if anything, Tech can be classified as a "stepping stone" school, a label I wish we didn't have, but that's the reality, due mostly to budgets. But we are not, and have never been, a "dead end" school. Dooley is full of chit.
    I forgot Russo. My list was only coaches who were not in a dead end position before Dooley. I did not include the long list of assistant coaches who left for P5 jobs.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Don't forget about Scotty Robertson. He was a LA Tech grad who coached LA Tech for 10 yrs (1964 to '74). In 1974, he left to become the 1st coach for the New Orleans Jazz in the NBA. He later became the head coach of the Chicago Bulls (1979) and the Detroit Pistons (1980-83). He also had stints as an assistant coach for the Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, the Phoenix Suns and the Miami Heat. He died in Ruston in 2011, and is buried in Ruston.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If we had clever buyouts and contracts to reflect this fact, we could leverage that status into getting better and better coaches and schedules.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If we had clever buyouts and contracts to reflect this fact, we could leverage that status into getting better and better coaches and schedules.
    What would be reasonable provisions for buyouts in our contracts? A right to require a non return game? Required home and home with first game in Ruston/Shreveport? What else?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    What would be reasonable provisions for buyouts in our contracts? A right to require a non return game? Required home and home with first game in Ruston/Shreveport? What else?
    I'm not sure. I don't get paid to make those decisions. Those seems like the types of things we could look for. I think Arkansas State may have done something similar with their string of coaches who moved to greener pastures.

But of course you don't want to make it too restricting for the coach. Surely there is a middle ground of negotiation if Big Money NFL Feeder Team wants the guy bad enough.

+ Reply to Thread