+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened with Wren?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What happened with Wren?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Outstanding football player from Mesquite Texas and highly recruited— we as a program owe him a thanks— he talked 2 teammates from his class to sign at Tech along with another Mesquite player . Coming in to signing day he was hyped as the guy.as far as I know the other 3 are still at Tech.

That said— he had a history of committing - decommitting on a regular basis — 18 pretty young —
    His 2 team mates committed before he did. He probably thought he was going to start this year and when he found out he wasn't, he got pissed and quit. The team is better off without him.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

He was immediately unhappy. Too bad, but better that he moves on.

Puppy tabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Outstanding football player from Mesquite Texas and highly recruited— we as a program owe him a thanks— he talked 2 teammates from his class to sign at Tech along with another Mesquite player . Coming in to signing day he was hyped as the guy.as far as I know the other 3 are still at Tech.

That said— he had a history of committing - decommitting on a regular basis — 18 pretty young —
    It's the other way around- BJ Williamson and Broderick Calhoun talked Wren in to Tech. These are two really good guys and will work really hard for the program. I hope they have the best of luck.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Tabnlu is correct. Wren committed after both Calhoun and Williamson. Dogsince65, the "3rd guy" you are thinking of is DJ Jackson is still with Tech. He was not a Mesquite-Horn HS teammate, but a West Mesquite HS grad.
    Just my speculation, but I think an FBS head coach got in Wren's father's ear about how Maureese is too good for a school like LA Tech and should transfer immediately.

Per Corey Diaz:
    The News-Star asked about Wren leaving the team and Holtz confirmed the wide receiver had been granted his release.
    “Maureese came to see me, decided that he wanted to transfer. I talked to him and his father about the whole thing. I wish he would’ve stayed and saw it through but he felt like for him he needed to leave,” Holtz said. “I told him before, there aren’t bars on the windows here, we want people that want to be here and he felt like he needed to go to another school. We gave him his release and he left.”

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Tabnlu is correct. Wren committed after both Calhoun and Williamson. Dogsince65, the "3rd guy" you are thinking of is DJ Jackson is still with Tech. He was not a Mesquite-Horn HS teammate, but a West Mesquite HS grad.
    Just my speculation, but I think an FBS head coach got in Wren's father's ear about how Maureese is too good for a school like LA Tech and should transfer immediately.

Per Corey Diaz:
    The News-Star asked about Wren leaving the team and Holtz confirmed the wide receiver had been granted his release.
    “Maureese came to see me, decided that he wanted to transfer. I talked to him and his father about the whole thing. I wish he would’ve stayed and saw it through but he felt like for him he needed to leave,” Holtz said. “I told him before, there aren’t bars on the windows here, we want people that want to be here and he felt like he needed to go to another school. We gave him his release and he left.”
    And since ne never enrolled for school and most semester schools start tomorrow, he will be a freshman somewhere soon... Was it b/c he wasn't on first team or was he just not a good fit in Ruston?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

Per Corey Diaz:
    And since ne never enrolled for school and most semester schools start tomorrow, he will be a freshman somewhere soon... Was it b/c he wasn't on first team or was he just not a good fit in Ruston?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

When it becomes a common practice for one teams players to be recruited by another school to transfer, things will begin to deteriorate in the world of college football. I think it is just common courtesy to leave a player alone after he has made his decision and signed, I think that is not to much to expect out of people who are supposed to be decent.

The next logical step is going to be for the cartel to have the sitting out one year rule done away with, CFB will not be that much different than the NFL.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

It will be interesting to see where he ends up . Someone is about to look like what he is a sleaze individual.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Yeah, sounds like a culture shock. Take Twitter for what it’s worth but I interpreted a couple of tweets by some of the incoming freshman to be disparaging of the social life in Ruston.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Yeah, sounds like a culture shock. Take Twitter for what it’s worth but I interpreted a couple of tweets by some of the incoming freshman to be disparaging of the social life in Ruston.
    Well yeah, if they are from DFW area in Texas, definitely.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I keep telling people that going to Tech and Ruston is like going to Summer Camp the other Nine months of the year. You have to learn a brand new Social network and build friendships. We know that a lot of new kids can't handle the shock.

People would ask me 'Ruston was dry, what did you do?' Then I would tell them about the things we did like get together at someone's apartment, go to Funroe, go to Wil-Mart (moment of silence) or out in the woods etc and have all these stories and how I know all these people to this day.

Then sometimes those same people who asked would say kind of regrettably 'Oh, I just went to the bars in my town but we never did anything like that'.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I keep telling people that going to Tech and Ruston is like going to Summer Camp the other Nine months of the year. You have to learn a brand new Social network and build friendships. We know that a lot of new kids can't handle the shock.

People would ask me 'Ruston was dry, what did you do?' Then I would tell them about the things we did like get together at someone's apartment, go to Funroe, go to Wil-Mart (moment of silence) or out in the woods etc and have all these stories and how I know all these people to this day.

Then sometimes those same people who asked would say kind of regrettably 'Oh, I just went to the bars in my town but we never did anything like that'.
    People get too stuck on the idea that you must go to bars or big parties to have a good time. If you have a good group surrounding you, you can have a good time with the simple things.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Texting degrades interpersonal skills.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I will never forget was watching the most spectacular meteor shower that I have ever seen in my entire life. I believe it was in the spring of 1968 when we read in The Times about a meteor shower was supposed to be seen over north La. around midnight. So, there was about 6 or 7 of us that got in my roommates car and drove west on I-20 and got out in somebody's cow pasture. We waited until midnight and had only seen a few meteors and we were all disappointed. So, we start back to the car and about halfway to the car the sky just lights up. It was really spectacular and something I'll never forget.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Texting degrades interpersonal skills.
    Nah you old people

Ruston is boring if all you're looking to do is get into trouble. I never had any problem having a good time.

+ Reply to Thread