+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State slaps Urban Meyer on the wrist

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Ohio State slaps Urban Meyer on the wrist

Meyer will have to serve a THREE GAME SUSPENSION for the way he handled the domestic abuse scandal at OSU. We all need to keep Urban in our prayers.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Ohio State drops the hammer on Urban Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Meyer will have to serve a THREE GAME SUSPENSION for the way he handled the domestic abuse scandal at OSU. We all need to keep Urban in our prayers.
    I’m surprised. I didn’t think that he’d even get a letter of reprimand.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I saw a tweet that said he was only suspended the first week, he could be in practice the second and third week but couldnt coach the game on saturday.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I started this thread in jest. A three game suspension (even if it is without pay) is hardly a punishment for a multimillionaire Big 10 head coach. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Meyer is necessarily guilty of anything, but had the same situation happened here, I wonder how we'd have handled it. I don't think head coaches are any more responsible for the actions of their assistant coaches or players than we all are for our spouses and children. In my opinion, a person's responsibility is met once law enforcement has been notified.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Three games isn't "dropping the hammer" but it's more than I expected since there were OSU people investigating OSU football and the program's beloved savior.

If it were a smaller school or the coach was even sniffing the hot seat, he'd be gone.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was on a blog...well, I still am...a college football blog, and of course, they have been discussing this issue ad nauseum. Some say OSU should get the death penalty over this, but those are mostly Meeeeeeeeeeeeechigan fans in wishful thinking. I took the position Meyer, like any football coach, is just a frickin' football coach. They ain't that important, and generally too many people assign way too much authority, power, all-knowiness to coaches. They are treated like gods. As such, as a god (no capital letter, of course), they have all-knowing knowledge and power and should exercise said power to keep everyone in line!

Some took me to task on that blog, with, "well that assistant coach's wife, the alleged abuse victim, confided in Urban Meyer's wife and asked for help." Here ya go...wait for it...CALL THE EFFING POLICE!!!!!!!! Yo! alleged victim, do you have family? Ya know...LEAVE the abuser, go home, to your parents' house while the EFFING POLICE deal with the abuser. No family? Oh...how about a friend who will let you stay? No? Okay...try a Holiday Inn Express (and you'll be smarter the next day too). Apparently, the abusee (as opposed to the abuser) didn't want to get her husband in trouble and "ruin his career." No? Okay then....STFU and take the abuse.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Ohio State slaps Urban Meyer on the wrist

Getting harder and harder not to be a cynic.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Only saving grace is this should kill his recruiting. Come to Ohio we beat pregnant women!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Only saving grace is this should kill his recruiting. Come to Ohio we beat pregnant women!
    You think these 18 year old kids care about that. A large chunk of the quality recruits may end up committing that offense themselves.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    You think these 18 year old kids care about that. A large chunk of the quality recruits may end up committing that offense themselves.
    most of those recruits go to LSU ....

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Urban knew everything that was going on and did nothing. Frick him

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

With no consequences there will be no behavior changes and they will turn into what he left at Florida . I am not a fan, I just hate to see the sport I like sullied by those actions .

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I started this thread in jest. A three game suspension (even if it is without pay) is hardly a punishment for a multimillionaire Big 10 head coach. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Meyer is necessarily guilty of anything, but had the same situation happened here, I wonder how we'd have handled it. I don't think head coaches are any more responsible for the actions of their assistant coaches or players than we all are for our spouses and children. In my opinion, a person's responsibility is met once law enforcement has been notified.
    Exactly.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I still can’t wrap my mind around this. What is more productive? When Urban goes to the AD or President and says, “um, yeah, my wife told me that his wife told her that he was beating her.”

Or, “yes officer, I would like to report my husband for physically assaulting me.”

It’s not that I don’t believe her claim, but come on.

+ Reply to Thread