+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State slaps Urban Meyer on the wrist

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Ohio State slaps Urban Meyer on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I still can’t wrap my mind around this. What is more productive? When Urban goes to the AD or President and says, “um, yeah, my wife told me that his wife told her that he was beating her.”

Or, “yes officer, I would like to report my husband for physically assaulting me.”

It’s not that I don’t believe her claim, but come on.
    She called 911 sixty times in the past. Lot of buckeye fans in that PD.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    She called 911 sixty times in the past. Lot of buckeye fans in that PD.
    I didn’t realize that. Didn’t have a chance to read up on everything she did leading up to this. Sounds a lot like Baylor, doesn’t it? Success changes things for them.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't care if she dialed 911 a million times, it's still not up to a football coach to deal with a crime, which domestic violence is. The problem is with the police who apparently did not respond to the numerous calls. If that is the issue, then focus on that.

OR!, as I understand it, domestic violence calls are dealt with using kid gloves, as the truth is not always readily obvious. If the alleged victim refuses, or is hesitant, to press charges then what is law enforcement and in this case, a university, supposed to do?

NO WAY, I mean NO WAY, did police find Mrs. Coach Zach Smith lying in a pool of blood, beaten to a pulp, and then cover it up with "well, we are all Buckeye fans here and we don't want to rock the boat and cause OSU to a lose a game." Sorry, lady, you'll just have to "take one for the team." And if that is the case, then there is another way-more-important problem in Columbus, Ohio. Get the state AG involved....and failing that, get the federal AG....ooops! never mind, Jeff Sessions will not want to get involved for political reasons.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't care if she dialed 911 a million times, it's still not up to a football coach to deal with a crime, which domestic violence is. The problem is with the police who apparently did not respond to the numerous calls. If that is the issue, then focus on that.

OR!, as I understand it, domestic violence calls are dealt with using kid gloves, as the truth is not always readily obvious. If the alleged victim refuses, or is hesitant, to press charges then what is law enforcement and in this case, a university, supposed to do?

NO WAY, I mean NO WAY, did police find Mrs. Coach Zach Smith lying in a pool of blood, beaten to a pulp, and then cover it up with "well, we are all Buckeye fans here and we don't want to rock the boat and cause OSU to a lose a game." Sorry, lady, you'll just have to "take one for the team." And if that is the case, then there is another way-more-important problem in Columbus, Ohio. Get the state AG involved....and failing that, get the federal AG....ooops! never mind, Jeff Sessions will not want to get involved for political reasons.
    That doesn’t change the fact that urban Meyer is a liar and allowed domestic violence to happen under his watch. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to grasp. He was scared to get rid of Smith because of the can of worms it would open

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the laws are in Ohio as far as domestic violence is concerned, but I am I correct that in a lot of states, including Louisiana, neither party has to press charges. The police can make an arrest at their discretion and DA can prosecute, even if both parties refuse to co-operate or press charges (which makes it impossible to get conviction).

I still think these kinds of things mostly fall back at the feet of the local law enforcement and parties involved, They were not minors and Urban is not their parent. Maybe Urban could have done more, maybe the neighbors could have called more and been more insistent, maybe the victim could have made plans, stashed some money, got an attorney, and just left one day and got out of the reach of the abusive husband.

A lot of things could have been done different, but the public and media needs to stop doing hindsight evaluations and placing blame just because WE ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn’t change the fact that urban Meyer is a liar and allowed domestic violence to happen under his watch. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to grasp. He was scared to get rid of Smith because of the can of worms it would open
    And you know this how?

If I am an employee's supervisor and he/she commits a crime, my only duty is to report it to the authorities. I am not obligated to respond to hearsay.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It is NOT a football coach's job to stop such criminal behavior. I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.

Oh wait! just saw this come across the AP wire. Effective immediately, Urban Meyer will be in charge of the Columbus Police Department, and the Chief of Police can be found on the sidelines of OSU games, as he will be coaching the Buckeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    And you know this how?

If I am an employee's supervisor and he/she commits a crime, my only duty is to report it to the authorities. I am not obligated to respond to hearsay.
    Brett McMurphy interview on CBS Sports radio on Thursday afternoon

It is NOT a football coach's job to stop such criminal behavior. I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.
    But he knew and lied about it. This a moral standard thing, which is important in running any business. Ohio State should hold their people accountable. Urban Meyer let a domestic abuser remain on staff teaching the young men on his team. That’s a fireable offense

But he knew and lied about it. This a moral standard thing, which is important in running any business. Ohio State should hold their people accountable. Urban Meyer let a domestic abuser remain on staff teaching the young men on his team. That’s a fireable offense
    HE knew about it. Who else knew about it? Did the alleged victim know about it? What about the police, whom you say were called 60 times, did they know about it?

I bet had Urban Meyer over-reacted and fired this guy on the very first tidbit of news, that coach would have filed a lawsuit, and won $350 million!!! and would today be relaxing on his very own tropical island, with topless native girls, who he would abuse. Instead, Meyer did what most people would have done….his job!! Which is nothing more important than coaching a silly game.

Yes, can you imagine the outrage! Like, now, let me get this straight, Coach Meyer, you heard a rumor of some alleged domestic abuse incident involving this coach. And without ANY tangible evidence!! Without ANY charges being filed by the alleged victim, you decide to appoint yourself police investigator/judge/jury/ and sentencer, and terminate the fellow. Really? And tell us, football coach Urban Meyer, where does such power and authority come from that you, a mere coach, can tamper with a man's career?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Brett McMurphy interview on CBS Sports radio on Thursday afternoon
    Is there evidence or speculation?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Not sure what the laws are in Ohio as far as domestic violence is concerned, but I am I correct that in a lot of states, including Louisiana, neither party has to press charges. The police can make an arrest at their discretion and DA can prosecute, even if both parties refuse to co-operate or press charges (which makes it impossible to get conviction).

I still think these kinds of things mostly fall back at the feet of the local law enforcement and parties involved, They were not minors and Urban is not their parent. Maybe Urban could have done more, maybe the neighbors could have called more and been more insistent, maybe the victim could have made plans, stashed some money, got an attorney, and just left one day and got out of the reach of the abusive husband.

A lot of things could have been done different, but the public and media needs to stop doing hindsight evaluations and placing blame just because WE ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME.
    Amen.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    And you know this how?

Exactly. If someone hears a "rumor" at work that one of their employees is a wife abuser (or vice versa) AWAY FROM WORK, are they at risk of losing their job? Apparently so, according to these accusations. This should put a scare into anyone that's a people manager (such as myself).

But he knew and lied about it. This a moral standard thing, which is important in running any business. Ohio State should hold their people accountable. Urban Meyer let an ALLEDGED domestic abuser remain on staff teaching the young men on his team. That’s a fireable offense

FIFY.

+ Reply to Thread