+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern University

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: Southern University

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Hoop troop alum alert
    ? Never been in band. Just have a better taste than just loud as freaking possible with no real sound or direction.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Honestly, I wasn't impressed last time, they aren't good just loud and annoying.
    WRONG! The Southern University band was very impressive last time. Much more so than their football team. Good AND loud!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    WRONG! The Southern University band was very impressive last time. Much more so than their football team. Good AND loud!
    Well, they were loud. And coordinated. But I wouldn’t put it in the “top 10 bands I’ve heard” listing. Just playing loud doesn’t make them instantly good.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Well, they were loud. And coordinated. But I wouldn’t put it in the “top 10 bands I’ve heard” listing. Just playing loud doesn’t make them instantly good.
    So, what does at a football game? I mean, they were very entertaining. So, in your mind, what could they have done to demonstrate that they were a good band?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, what does at a football game? I mean, they were very entertaining. So, in your mind, what could they have done to demonstrate that they were a good band?
    Idk, make the music recognizable? Blasting is something I was always taught was not good, even in marching band. Directors, judges, etc will call that out. I thought they were good, just not THAT good.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that any song, besides a march, that any marching band tries to play on the field always come out garbled and unrecognizable. It's probably the acoustics in the stadium as much as anything. When they aren't facing directly toward you it really is terrible. To me there is no better marching band than the A&M band. They march and play fairly simple marching songs. Most others seem to be running around to make a formation from which they play the garbled up version of whatever. And yes, I have seen Southern, Texas Southern (Ocean of Soul) and others who were supposed to be great.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Idk, make the music recognizable? Blasting is something I was always taught was not good, even in marching band. Directors, judges, etc will call that out. I thought they were good, just not THAT good.
    This. Didn't help that I was effectively right next to them, but i could barely ever recognize whatever song they were trying to play. Also had the guy with the trumpet/trumbone? that was walking around on that side behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    This. Didn't help that I was effectively right next to them, but i could barely ever recognize whatever song they were trying to play. Also had the guy with the trumpet/trumbone? that was walking around on that side behind me.
    I would like to know why that man was allowed to bring that into the stadium.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Until I found this thread, I was actually going to ask if they were bringing their football team 🤔

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Nerds!

I would like to know why that man was allowed to bring that into the stadium.
    If I remember correctly he's one of those recognizable people, in the sense he goes to every Southern game with it. I also vaguely remember someone explaining that he had a mental issue of some kind? I may be wrong on that one/

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Until I found this thread, I was actually going to ask if they were bringing their football team 樂
    We have at least 1 mutual friend over in Jackson. Mark P told me he saw and visited you at a FB game last season.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Southern band director was fired. Apparently he was depositing all band fees and camp fees in his personal bank account and paying some band expenses. They see where $300k went in and they know where $72k was spent. No idea where the rest went. He was fired for demanding a kickback to have the band play for an elementary school Details in the BR Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Southern band director was fired. Apparently he was depositing all band fees and camp fees in his personal bank account and paying some band expenses. They see where $300k went in and they know where $72k was spent. No idea where the rest went. He was fired for demanding a kickback to have the band play for an elementary school Details in the BR Advocate
    When did that happen?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

When did that happen?
    https://www.brproud.com/news/local-n...nts/1357555888

+ Reply to Thread