+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alabama deserves respect ...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Southern Alabama deserves respect ...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I thought it was only Dr. Dan R. who was clueless. We were told that Guice "gets it." Gets what? How can he not know what's going on? Why should he wait to be told anyway? Guice should have been out-front, ramrodding this from the get-go!
    He's not a micro manager. It never hurts to inform the top brass of things that harm our university. Dr. Guice always responds and either reacts or explains why. Dr. Reneau NEVER responded and rarely reacted. He totally ignored the small things.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He's not a micro manager. It never hurts to inform the top brass of things that harm our university. Dr. Guice always responds and either reacts or explains why. Dr. Reneau NEVER responded and rarely reacted. He totally ignored the small things.
    I agree, I think he is no micro-manager, no way to efficiently run a University without delegating authority out to others to get it done. The reaction and action over this snafu will tell us where we stand.
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 08-31-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

RESPONSE:

Stephen

Thank you. I can certainly understand your concern. I’ll suggest that they look at the scheduling more carefully in the future.
    This is actually a new event that our staff decided to do this year to help students transition into the suites with a more supportive and informative program.
    Thanks again.
    Les
    It was certainly a quick response, even quicker than Mr. Peanut from the old WAC days, you have to applaud Dr. Guice for being responsive, that is a big plus in my book. I would like to have seen a little stronger wording than "suggest", after all, he is the boss.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, what can he do this soon before? Sounds like they'd have to reschedule the whole thing, which could cause bad blood. Though I'd call in the organizers on Monday morning and explain to them that they just lost an entire freshman class (building?) of alumni contributors to the university, not only athletically, but likely overall.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I mean, what can he do this soon before? Sounds like they'd have to reschedule the whole thing, which could cause bad blood. Though I'd call in the organizers on Monday morning and explain to them that they just lost an entire freshman class (building?) of alumni contributors to the university, not only athletically, but likely overall.
    Everything will be OK. All is not lost.

There was not anything he could do this late in the game, just make notes for next year. I should have looked earlier, but I just took for granted no one in the University administration would let another function be scheduled for the same time.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Everything will be OK. All is not lost.
    But all is lost. Most of these kids will probably enroll at LSU first thing Monday morning. Now they won't watch the home football games, in the Joe, with the other 100,000+ Tech graduates. I hope these kids "skip" the move-in event and watch the game anyway.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Bit of an overreaction there.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I know that when I am in a situation like this, I will respond to the person making the suggestion in a more neutral tone, but when I speak with my staff, it's usually more of a directive than a suggestion.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Bit of an overreaction there.
    I was being hyperbolic. Should have made that more clear.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

It was clear you were being hyperbolic. Maybe only us old guys recognize that kind of speech instead of thumb written notes.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Many of my friends who attended other schools talked about Welcome Week on campus. Before classes, or any other university related event such as sports they attended a week of orientation concerning everything about the school. Seems like this is an easy fix going forward if they would implement something similar in a Ruston.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Question: Is Tech's fanbase a well-traveled one? Do home teams look forward to what Tech bring to the table in terms of attendance?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    Question: Is Tech's fanbase a well-traveled one?
    Relative to what? Clemson? Auburn? Probably not.

To Rice or USM? Yeah, sure. Tech travels as good or better as anyone in CUSA. At least for anything within driving distance.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Alrighty. You never know.

+ Reply to Thread