+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Alabama deserves respect ...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Southern Alabama deserves respect ...

Its easy to not take a team you know zip about SERIOUSLY - so I am going to post why I respect their program --

1. youngest team to qualify for a bowl game-- NCAA record- second year in 2016 (FBS)

2. Beat Miss State in 2016 and #19 Memphis 42-24 lost to Air Force in Bowl game and San Diego

In Ruston last year the 4th quarter started at 17-16 -- we won 34-16 -depth was difference

Jamar was 24-39 317 yards and 3 tds -- think about that, hopefully JS can find that type game

so are we a team they fear?? doubt it- over next few yrs they play Nebraska-Florida-Memphis Tennesee-UCLA-Oklahoma -Ohio -LSU and Ohio back to back.

My point is they remind me of La Tech when it made the jump -- they have earned respect --you go in looking ahead and anything can happen ==

we go in at around 10 point favorite . (they have new coach so film won't help much)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Southern Alabama deserves respect ...

It doesn't matter if we lose to USA....just as long as we beat LSU!

Of course...those that say LSU is our Super Bowl haven't shared their views on what if: we lose to USA and to LSU. What then?

The USA game last year was pathetic. That was as quiet and disinterested I have seen a home Tech crowd in a long time. They held their own, and after back to back FG drives suddenly our lead was a very precarious, 17-16. We did own the 4th qtr...which reminded me of the NSU game earlier. I think this opener at USA will set the tone for the whole season. Even if there are later some ups (unexpected W's) and downs (WTF games), how we fair Sept 1 will determine the ultimate results for '18.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I recall some careless drops/fumbles that ended some drives in that game.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I will be in Mobile for the game. Plan to go to New Orleans Friday and hit the WW2 monuments -- been 7-8 years and heard there has been a lot of new ww1 stuff added. Planned to take my grandson with us but he will be doing his first time altar boy on Sunday (2nd).

Point of this thread is that for me Southern Alabama reminds me of Tech in our transitions-- as far as downplaying our 17 point victory over them last year --we did what the SEC Miss State did not do--they lost and so did Memphis State (ranked 19) lost to SA 42-24. SA went on to set record for Bowl Game.

I stand by my position that SA deserves respect ...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It doesn't matter if we lose to USA....just as long as we beat LSU!

Of course...those that say LSU is our Super Bowl haven't shared their views on what if: we lose to USA and to LSU. What then?

The USA game last year was pathetic. That was as quiet and disinterested I have seen a home Tech crowd in a long time. They held their own, and after back to back FG drives suddenly our lead was a very precarious, 17-16. We did own the 4th qtr...which reminded me of the NSU game earlier. I think this opener at USA will set the tone for the whole season. Even if there are later some ups (unexpected W's) and downs (WTF games), how we fair Sept 1 will determine the ultimate results for '18.
    well we beat a bowl team that beat an SEC , #19 team and became a record setting bowl team
    nothing new about about quiet crowds when we play teams we think are unworthy of attention. I take a 18 poin win over a team that beat MISS State team==nothing pathetic about that win --

Last but not least I care less about LSU -- we need to win over SA-Southern and North Texas in September . I personally believe Florida Atlantic will be ranked ahead of LSU by end of season -- I repeat -- why waste our time on LSU??

pissed off enough that as usual the Shreveport Times runs 4-6 pages on LSU and zip on Tech ( todays paper was total section -- why give them attention on BBB??

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I see a similar score to last year, something like Tech 35- S.Alabama 17. See you in Mobile next weekend!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I happen to share your concern D65. We had a thread some months back when I expressed the viewpoint we had better....or, yes Pawdawg, the team had better focus on USA. It's the season opener and a road game at a Belch. Then a certain poster poo-poohed the whole idea stating we had only to beat LSU!! And all of our problems would instantly disappear. Better get ready to double the size of Aillet too!

As for the 2017 game Tech vs. USA, I stick by my assessment....it was pathetic. I've given the reasons why already. Another such performance by the Dawgs and we'll get beat bad in Mobile. I can post "I hope..." the Dawgs show up and maybe play like the last time we saw 'em. But my "hoping" and $6 will get you a cup of lousy coffee at Starbuck's.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Southern Alabama? That shit is too funny.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if this is a loss for us. It all depends on the J’Mar that shows up. If it’s the J’Mar that plays scared and throws balls at the feet of his WR and can’t throw a swing pass to a RB, we become one dimensional which is exactly what we can’t be. We don’t have a Scott or Craft to lean on this year. I’m really hoping he builds off last years bowl game and comes out and solidifies himself as the starter. We shall see Saturday.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I will be in Mobile for the game. Plan to go to New Orleans Friday and hit the WW2 monuments -- been 7-8 years and heard there has been a lot of new ww1 stuff added. Planned to take my grandson with us but he will be doing his first time altar boy on Sunday (2nd).

Point of this thread is that for me Southern Alabama reminds me of Tech in our transitions-- as far as downplaying our 17 point victory over them last year --we did what the SEC Miss State did not do--they lost and so did Memphis State (ranked 19) lost to SA 42-24. SA went on to set record for Bowl Game.

I stand by my position that SA deserves respect ...
    Hit the WWII museum.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Just don’t turn the ball over!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I wouldn’t at all be surprised if this is a loss for us. It all depends on the J’Mar that shows up. If it’s the J’Mar that plays scared and throws balls at the feet of his WR and can’t throw a swing pass to a RB, we become one dimensional which is exactly what we can’t be. We don’t have a Scott or Craft to lean on this year. I’m really hoping he builds off last years bowl game and comes out and solidifies himself as the starter. We shall see Saturday.
    We are favored on the road. If we lose "surprised" won't be a good description of me on the way home from Mobile.

When I posted we might go 0-7 on the road, but expected us to be 2-5 at worse, this was one of the two I was HOPING we could get. The other is at UTSA. Of course, I am HOPING we go 5-0 at home, and that happens only rarely. So! I view this game as a season-changer for us. This is one we have to have.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

With TECH, we can’t afford not to respect any opponent.

+ Reply to Thread