+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/1: South Alabama Game

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Re: 9/1: South Alabama Game

Holtz should be on the hot seat this year. There is a status quo being accepted in the program and it is preventing the athletics/football team from improving each year. There is a video after the game in the locker room that would give you the idea that the team just one a big game or a conference championship. Holtz is a let down and will continue to be as long as he is at Tech. The athletic department will not get rid of Holtz until it is obvious that he isn't his dad and pressure from alumni that have influence on the department say so. Every issue that Skip mentioned on the post game show was his fault. He has been at Tech around 5 years, there shouldn't be this bad of rough starts to the season at this point. Even if we do get into another bowl game this season it will be a garbage bowl game and will be celebrated as success. If there was ever a time for Tech to step up and show the state who can give LSU a run for their money it would be now, this season. But after last night it doesn't look that way. ULL looks promising too. So the let down of Lafayette having a better program will be on the horizon.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Our Special Teams is awful. Our QB is awful. Our play calling is awful. Our defense was too shaky for all of that experience returning.

Thank GOD we play Southern this week...... PLEASE GIVE WESTIN SOME SNAPS!!!!! Or, just put Dancy back there and run the Wild Dawg!
    1) Special teams have been awful for the entire time Holtz has been our head coach. There is absolutely no acceptable excuse for our special teams to consistently be no bad. We need a good new special teams coach.
    2) J'Mar is horrible. He may be good enough at the FCS level, but not in FBS football. We need to replace J'Mar as our starter.
    3) Our play calling is worse than I've ever seen, and it's been this way for a while. We need a new OC.
    4) Our defense had to overcome our totally inept offensive play. We'll be fine on defense this season.

Bottom line is, Holtz needs to retire. He's simply going through the motions now, and 6 or 7 wins a year will be all he's going to be capable of anymore.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’ll wait and see how Holtz handles this QB situation before calling for his head. If he doesn’t open up the QB competition then he’s saying we have no one better than what we have now. That would fall solely at his feet. I agree that this year is a crossroads at Tech. If we don’t win conference this year, then we never will under Holtz.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I do not know Skip, will he admit he was wrong on our rockstar and look at the big picture . If he does he starts Allen and gets him ready for North Texas.
    It also makes the loss of Jack and Elijah look bad and not working Cox enough.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Every game we look unmotivated and disinterested. Not sure if it’s because no one has confidence in our QB or our coach.
    Probably both. No confidence in our QB and no confidence in our HC to make a change.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    There is a video after the game in the locker room that would give you the idea that the team just one a big game or a conference championship
    Agreed. Sad.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    There is something truly wrong at the core level with this team. BhadDawg is right on. Most all of them looked like they would rather be somewhere else. Smith only showed emotion when someone got jiggy with him after tackling him and we got a 15 yard penalty. I noticed one time after one of his interceptions they showed him on the bench and he looked like he was ready to cry. Leaders do not act like that.

There obviously is no Trent Taylor or Quinton Patton on this team. Ferguson did show some spunk on occasion but I can't think of one other player that showed any emotion one way or another. And another thing.....this offense is downright BORING! There is no originality in the play calling nor the execution.
    I tend to agree with this line of thinking. Not gonna call a player out, so I'll say it this way: looks to me that the pathetic offense last night and last year sucked the life out of the team. As the game plays the offense, and the team, seem to get less effective. Find a player who can help us avoid that coach.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Does anyone remember what HCSH downfall was at Florida?

When we hired HCSH there were some Florida guys that came on here telling us what a mistake we had made and even though they wished us well, they told us we were going to regret it. Well I did not believe most of those guys, just sour grapes I thought, but there were a couple of guys that were posting that seemed pretty objective and knowledgeable.

I seem to remember one of those posters told us "just wait, wait till he gets all his recruits into the system, they will be great athletes, but not good PLAYERS". He also mentioned Holtz sticking with non performing players too long. Am I remembering all of that right?

I hate that we have invested all this time in J'mar and are not getting any better returns, but maybe he is just one game away from starting a "Rockstar" run, but I doubt it. I am the last person on here that wants to say 'I told you so" and will not do it no matter what the outcome, but we have to change.

1. We are not getting an ROI from the product we have at QB, time to sell out and make a new investment.

2. There is not any team chemistry are enthusiasm that I could see, if so it was short lived in the game last night. Leaders create those kinds of things and it is not happening, they look like they are just aimlessly wandering and simply going through the motions.

3. There are a lot of things most all of us like about HCSH, I am just afraid he is doing as well as he is going to do, he cannot take us to the next level. I don't think I have ever seen Skip argue with a ref over a call, he is just too nice of a guy. Being a nice guy is a good quality, but I am afraid there is weakness there to go along with it.

We should expect more.
    Not sure I agree he can't recruit players. We have more NFL starters right now than we've ever had. Our teams overall have been absolutely loaded with talent. It's just consistently misused.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    Holtz should be on the hot seat this year. There is a status quo being accepted in the program and it is preventing the athletics/football team from improving each year. There is a video after the game in the locker room that would give you the idea that the team just one a big game or a conference championship. Holtz is a let down and will continue to be as long as he is at Tech. The athletic department will not get rid of Holtz until it is obvious that he isn't his dad and pressure from alumni that have influence on the department say so. Every issue that Skip mentioned on the post game show was his fault. He has been at Tech around 5 years, there shouldn't be this bad of rough starts to the season at this point. Even if we do get into another bowl game this season it will be a garbage bowl game and will be celebrated as success. If there was ever a time for Tech to step up and show the state who can give LSU a run for their money it would be now, this season. But after last night it doesn't look that way. ULL looks promising too. So the let down of Lafayette having a better program will be on the horizon.
    As long as Holtz wins 6-8 games per year & has no back to back losing seasons he’ll be at Tech as long as he wants to be. I don’t think our AD cares if the program plateaus & never wins a CUSA championship. We boast about going to bowl games with 6-6 record which is about as much of an accomplishment as making the playoffs in the pathetically watered down LHSAA system.
    Even the media that covers this team made it would like our O-line was the problem not Smith & that our defense is really good. Our defense looked terrible 2nd half. Our DC got out coached dreadfully.
    Under Holtz it’s always about pumping Sunshine regardless of reality.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    As long as Holtz wins 6-8 games per year & has no back to back losing seasons he’ll be at Tech as long as he wants to be. I don’t think our AD cares if the program plateaus & never wins a CUSA championship. We boast about going to bowl games with 6-6 record which is about as much of an accomplishment as making the playoffs in the pathetically watered down LHSAA system.
    Even the media that covers this team made it would like our O-line was the problem not Smith & that our defense is really good. Our defense looked terrible 2nd half. Our DC got out coached dreadfully.
    Under Holtz it’s always about pumping Sunshine regardless of reality.
    Funny thing about the media. They are nothing more than press releases of a PR guy. I have never seen one negative article about Tech sports from any news outlet. I have never seen one reporter actually ask Holtz a tough question like why does J'Mar telegraph his throws every single play? So much so you could hang a sign on the guy he was throwing to every single pass play. He never checks off the first receiver.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

We have no media covering Tech. Lol

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Not sure I agree he can't recruit players. We have more NFL starters right now than we've ever had. Our teams overall have been absolutely loaded with talent. It's just consistently misused.
    2 things:
    1) It doesn't matter what NFL talent they have if it doesn't really help us now.
    2) How many of them were recruited by Holtz?

How are you doing?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We’ve got em right where we want em. J’Mar will struggle next week to. LSU preps for our JV QB performance, then we torch em!

#CopingInMyOwnWay #LyingToMyself

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    How are you doing?
    Inflamed and bruised heart/heart sac is the general diagnosis (not heart attack). I probably shouldn't be watching (well, listening to) Tech football with it. Don't need to damage my heart more.

+ Reply to Thread