+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: 9/1: South Alabama Game

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 9/1: South Alabama Game

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    After watching it again, we were lucky to win this game. If it wasn’t for them getting several key 15 yard penalties and turning the ball over at key moments, we probably wouldn’t have won. We have to get a lot better going forward if we hope to compete for the league title.
    Sure...but USA was lucky to be in the game too. A fumble that should have been ours (our guy had the ball when the pile cleared) kills their late scoring drive (maybe second to last...I can’t remember). There were questionable calls missed that also would’ve killed that drive.

I guess my point is that everybody gets “lucky” from time to time, but our fandom sees that luck and discounts our players without seeing how our opponents got lucky some too.

Game of inches and all that.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sure...but USA was lucky to be in the game too. A fumble that should have been ours (our guy had the ball when the pile cleared) kills their late scoring drive (maybe second to last...I can’t remember). There were questionable calls missed that also would’ve killed that drive.

I guess my point is that everybody gets “lucky” from time to time, but our fandom sees that luck and discounts our players without seeing how our opponents got lucky some too.

Game of inches and all that.
    I guess I just expected more from a veteran team against a SunBelt team with a new coach. I think all of us did. I don’t think the team we watched Saturday is the team we will see in the coming weeks. I think we are better than that...except for special teams, which I have no hope will ever get better.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I guess I just expected more from a veteran team against a SunBelt team with a new coach. I think all of us did. I don’t think the team we watched Saturday is the team we will see in the coming weeks. I think we are better than that...except for special teams, which I have no hope will ever get better.
    #puntingisforpansies #goforit

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    #puntingisforpansies #goforit
    I was thinking the other night, if we are going to let them return it to the 40 yard line on every kick off, we might as well onside kick every time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    You're so full of it!! The one to Bonnette was right at his knees. With the defender on the back, if that's higher, he can reach around and bat it down. Throwing it low was the only place that Bonnette could get it without a deflection. The second one to Veal was a timing route and he threw the ball before Veal broke. Who's to say that Veal didn't break it off a yard later than he was suppose to causing it to appear low?? It was a freaking catch man... the Official was 5 yards away, perfect angle, and ruled it a catch. You watching a stream from a camera 100 yards away on the other side of the field. J'mar's not perfect, and definitely needs to improve but you make him out to be awful and that's simply not true. (Best screenshots I could get since they didn't show any replays on our plays Saturday.)

Attachment 14317Attachment 14318
    Thanks for the pictures of literally nothing, Snowflake. Both throws I identified on that last drive were too short. We got lucky. Yes, the one to Veal was more awful than the one to Bonnette, and might not have been a catch at all, had the game official been in a better position. Teddy Veal, being the experienced WR that he is, "sold it" real well to the officiating crew. But the fact is, other than the Hardy TD throw on the last drive, there really weren't any great throws all night. Just as he did in 2017, J'Mar threw far too many short "dink", "dink", dink", throws and he never once threw to the middle of the field, as others have identified already. Please quit making excuses. J'Mar has already started 16 games at LA Tech. He ought to have it down to a science by now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thanks for the pictures of literally nothing, Snowflake. Both throws I identified on that last drive were too short. We got lucky. Yes, the one to Veal was more awful than the one to Bonnette, and might not have been a catch at all, had the game official been in a better position. Teddy Veal, being the experienced WR that he is, "sold it" real well to the officiating crew. But the fact is, other than the Hardy TD throw on the last drive, there really weren't any great throws all night. Just as he did in 2017, J'Mar threw far too many short "dink", "dink", dink", throws and he never once threw to the middle of the field, as others have identified already. Please quit making excuses. J'Mar has already started 16 games at LA Tech. He ought to have it down to a science by now.
    I like the comparison of QB-ing to painting. By now he should be painting landscapes in oils, but he is still finger painting fruit in watercolor.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I like the comparison of QB-ing to painting. By now he should be painting landscapes in oils, but he is still finger painting fruit in watercolor.
    Let's hope that he colors within the lines from now on.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

For all y'all crazy people griping in this thread about J'Mar Smith compared to Jack Abraham, J'Mar didn't lose to ULM today.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Solid performance from our QB tonight. I very much enjoyed our WRs making great catches tonight as well, making that extra leap to catch a ball is what i want to see. Biggest issue was how we couldn’t get off the field on D a couple times and also the fumble.

LSU is next! I hope the Dawgs are ready!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    For all y'all crazy people griping in this thread about J'Mar Smith compared to Jack Abraham, J'Mar didn't lose to ULM today.
    ...but Holtz loses to USM when they are at their worst.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    ....yeah, for you crazy people that think J'Mar is the second coming, just be thankful J'Mar never lost a 1-point game he should have won...Oh wait......

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Well your wonderboy Abraham sure showed he IS NOT the answer. He fumbled into USM's own endzone to give ULM their first TD and then he threw an interception late in the 4th to seal ULM's win. He showed what everyone already knew- he just wasn't going to beat anybody for starting QB at Tech so he transferred.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

How about some middle ground. J’Mar is the youngest starter we’ve had since who? Luke? Maybe Ross Jenkins (can’t remember)? He’s not playing as well as his three predecessors played as 5th year seniors.

I think J’Mar’s curse is the Arkansas game where he looked great. He misses some throws and is learning how to respond to pressure.

That said, Abraham is only USM’s starter because of injuries. I think HD’s journalism background is itching for the exposé on the scorned QB.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

LA Tech Football ��‏Verified account @LATechFB
    J'Mar had quite the game last night. Our QB threw for a career-high 380 yards (307 in the first half). That was the most passing yards by a Bulldog in a half since 2012 (Colby Cameron).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

24 of 37 is 65%. That's not bad....not bad IF the majority of the passes are downfield, and higher risk, lower % of success passes even in the 15-20 yard range. I don't know...although I suspect one of you gurus will now post said numbers...what percentage were dink & dunk short passes vs. downfield passes last night.

Besides!!! the opponent was a SWACer! That doesn't count.

Let's see, I am seeing a lot of anti-Jack Abraham posts. It bears remembering his first game when he hung up great numbers was vs. Jackson State, a SWACer. He didn't exactly light up the Chickenhawks last night. And it's not just an FCS thing. There are some good FCS teams that play good football. This has everything to do with the opponent being from the SWAC. Heck, NSU crushed Grambling last night 34-7. I like Brad Laird and think he's gonna do good things for NSU. But, not this year. NSU is a run-of-the-mill FCS program and they smashed a SWACer.

So, okay, Jack Abraham appears to be not-so-good....and we should all be thrilled about that. How bad would it have been if he became the 2nd coming of Brett Favre? We'd be sick about it!

Let's review....

Abraham looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

Smith looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

I'd say the verdict is still out on both.

+ Reply to Thread