+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

I won’t be saying anything new here but I think a summary of Tech football is important and necessary. Maybe as much as anything I’m venting my immense frustration and dissatisfaction with the state of things in hopes that some reasonable changes will be made.

Right now as a multi generational Tech fan unless some changes are made in the off season I won’t be renewing my 41 years of holding 8 season tickets. In the span of those years Tech didn’t always have good teams but I don’t recall every having a less inspiring, less innovative and more repeatedly inept and underachieving head coach than Skip Holtz. I could go on and on about his failing qualities but everyone reading this who has watched Tech this year knows full well for themselves what I’m referring to. In my opinion there isn’t a single aspect of this year’s team that is as good as it should be. I’d even go so far as to say that the coaching has made the players and the team worse as the season has progressed.

In addition to the poor and unentertaining product on the field the price of being a season ticket / parking pass holder at Tech is too high.

The tailgating experience is deteriorating in a significant way.

The attendance is deteriorating in a significant way. The student support is pathetic. Even when they show up they don’t show up in any big way.

Tech game scheduling seems to be noticeably detrimental to the program. Please quit playing SEC schools.

Even the big screen is a source of aggravation when key replays don’t take place. I understand the importance of advertising but let’s please have the screen play a part in what’s supposed to be a home field advantage.

As an intangible, I feel like the Tech football I’ve known and loved for 40 years is fading away at a rapid pace. In today’s world with all the options people have to be entertained when they finally walk away there may not be any way to get them back.

Tech Football is at a important crossroads much like the Lady Techsters were once upon a time when some bad decision making effectively ended a dynasty that will never return.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: All That’s Wrong With Tech Football

Good post, I agree with everything you said.

Sad sad sad.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nailed it. I can't remember not being excited about Tech football. The last two seasons, while moderately successful, have felt like utter drags. The game day experience gets worse and worse. I don't understand the point of the surveys if we aren't going to change much. We are the definition of one step forward and two steps back.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Agreed. My money no longer goes to athletics. I am channeling that to academics.

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I won’t be saying anything new here but I think a summary of Tech football is important and necessary. Maybe as much as anything I’m venting my immense frustration and dissatisfaction with the state of things in hopes that some reasonable changes will be made.

Right now as a multi generational Tech fan unless some changes are made in the off season I won’t be renewing my 41 years of holding 8 season tickets. In the span of those years Tech didn’t always have good teams but I don’t recall every having a less inspiring, less innovative and more repeatedly inept and underachieving head coach than Skip Holtz. I could go on and on about his failing qualities but everyone reading this who has watched Tech this year knows full well for themselves what I’m referring to. In my opinion there isn’t a single aspect of this year’s team that is as good as it should be. I’d even go so far as to say that the coaching has made the players and the team worse as the season has progressed.

In addition to the poor and unentertaining product on the field the price of being a season ticket / parking pass holder at Tech is too high.

The tailgating experience is deteriorating in a significant way.

The attendance is deteriorating in a significant way. The student support is pathetic. Even when they show up they don’t show up in any big way.

Tech game scheduling seems to be noticeably detrimental to the program. Please quit playing SEC schools.

Even the big screen is a source of aggravation when key replays don’t take place. I understand the importance of advertising but let’s please have the screen play a part in what’s supposed to be a home field advantage.

As an intangible, I feel like the Tech football I’ve known and loved for 40 years is fading away at a rapid pace. In today’s world with all the options people have to be entertained when they finally walk away there may not be any way to get them back.

Tech Football is at a important crossroads much like the Lady Techsters were once upon a time when some bad decision making effectively ended a dynasty that will never return.
    Perfectly stated. Myself and the large number of die hard fans that I Tailgate with have all lost our patience.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So, a couple of us die-hards will not be giving any support to athletics or I would think at least football until change is made. How many season ticket holders won’t be renewing or will be reducing due to the ineptness we have seen on all fronts? We currently have 10 for football, but don’t use them all very often. We had 10 basketball and reduced to 2. We have 8 baseball and TBD what we do there.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My dad has had these seats since he graduated in ‘79. Hate to see the legacy die because of people who have a job at Tech but don’t really care about it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been a fan for nearly as long as most of y'all but ever since I set foot on campus I was hooked on Tech football. And there were some lean years in there, I never missed a game in undergrad. No one can accuse me of being a fair weather fan.

Today I was in Ruston and barely even make an effort to listen on the radio. The magic of the program is gone, and hopefully not lost forever.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

I am not a season ticket holder (I live in Florida), but was very much involved when I was there in the 80s. My grandfather (1930)/grandmother (1930)/uncles/aunts graduated Tech and are old time Ruston families. Family members have been in Tech administrations in the past. I loved Tech then and now.

I would ask you bona_fide_Dog and the others that have commented to consider writing these intentions in an email or letter to Dr. Guice. Whether "it will do any good", the administration needs to be put on notice that what we are seeing now is NOT TECH FOOTBALL.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I am not a season ticket holder (I live in Florida), but was very much involved when I was there in the 80s. My grandfather (1930)/grandmother (1930)/uncles/aunts graduated Tech and are old time Ruston families. Family members have been in Tech administrations in the past. I loved Tech then and now.

I would ask you bona_fide_Dog and the others that have commented to consider writing these intentions in an email or letter to Dr. Guice. Whether "it will do any good", the administration needs to be put on notice that what we are seeing now is NOT TECH FOOTBALL.
    Writing them while offering solutions goes a long ways by showing you are not just a complainer.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

There has to be something wrong in the locker room and/or within the coaching staff.
    There's a problem in one or both and it needs fixing fast.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Writing them while offering solutions goes a long ways by showing you are not just a complainer.
    I agree that you should offer solutions but what solutions would I offer Dr Guice? The product or service I’m purchasing and given time and effort to is for entertainment. After two year of watching this crap what can I suggest? Encourage him to encourage the coach to do a better job or else?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    There has to be something wrong in the locker room and/or within the coaching staff.
    There's a problem in one or both and it needs fixing fast.
    That's what my father said about this team. He thinks there's a lot more to the story than we're being told. He can't fathom why Holtz insists on sticking with J'Mar.

Of course, with the impotent media we have in north Louisiana, we'll likely never know for sure.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

It was painfully obvious yesterday that this team has quit. Hell, who can blame them? Everybody on the team knows that J'Mar is not getting the job done and that he's still playing only because Holtz has anointed him as the starter come hell or high water. Morale on the team is in the crapper and I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus in the off season. It's time for a coaching change. Holtz is a nice guy, but his hard headedness about J'Mar Smith is literally killing the program. Our program can't afford to lose fans like me, and I bailed after the putrid performance against UAB. I won't be back until J'Mar is benched, or graduates. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll transfer to a SWAC school where he can be the star he thinks he is.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I won’t be renewing my 41 years of holding 8 season tickets.
    You would think that statement alone would an administrator sit up and take notice.

+ Reply to Thread