+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2018

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Football Thread 2018

Skip has done a good job with getting us to bowls, recruiting and stabilizing the program. I often times wonder how JB3 would do with these soft CUSA schedules. Regardless, money talks and when a P5 school sets their eyes on HCSH, it will be all about money and nothing else....always is with coaches and always will be.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Skip could not go anywhere other than a Wake Forest, Iowa State, or Kansas type move. Maybe more money, but he is sure to go sub .500 at any of the low level P5s. He needs to stay with a "mid major" like EllAyeTech and forget "high majors" like South Florida.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Skip could not go anywhere other than a Wake Forest, Iowa State, or Kansas type move. Maybe more money, but he is sure to go sub .500 at any of the low level P5s. He needs to stay with a "mid major" like EllAyeTech and forget "high majors" like South Florida.
    That's what people said about Precious too. Then in 2009 he took his 4-8 season record and 17-20 losing LA Tech record to Tennessee to fix their football players' hygiene problems. Never underestimate the millions and millions of dollars that P5 programs incompetently piss away and never think twice about it.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Stability.
    Stability is good.
    Stability is not given enough credit.
    Stability can also be God awful boring.
    I couldn't even find a funny or sarcastic smart ass quote about stability.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well he certainly can't go anywhere the fans have expectations. I mean, he can't win the worst FBS conference, but that's not a problem for Tech fans!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That's what people said about Precious too. Then in 2009 he took his 4-8 season record and 17-20 losing LA Tech record to Tennessee to fix their football players' hygiene problems. Never underestimate the millions and millions of dollars that P5 programs incompetently piss away and never think twice about it.
    We said that about Dooley because we knew he sucked as a coach. Other's like Tennessee bought into this hype. Everybody knows Holtz. He is spent, but he is ours. He might go to a lower major to finish his career, but only if a few more million is what he is looking for. The guy is probably worth 10M plus now. Is a few more worth grinding out losses in Kansas or Iowa?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Skip is not going anywhere until he is ready-- 4 straight bowls --incredible recruiting-- great coaches hired and outside of the usual BBB haters plenty of support. I sat with Larry Anderson and several others of top 50 all time and they Love what Skip has done-- difference between these NFL players ? they understand what it takes to compete and what we accomplish with such a minor budget. Skip were to leave we lose all our HS relationship-- new staff and a few mediocre or losing years . Then we get some dude who hopes to get a winning season and move on. You guys post a list of coaches you think would take Coaching job and stay for a long time. They will load up with JR college and bail as soon as possible--leaving us thin on talent. this aint me talking -- its Larry -Terry and almost everyone who understands how "smaller divisions" operate.
    I hope that when Skip retires ( maybe as AD) he will have someone from his staff takes over and maintains as much stability as possible. tired of being stepping stone and loving what skip has done ---PERIOD
    Here! Here!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

save yourself some money with that bet--- we only need 6-4 rest of year to cover ( assuming you plan to bet AGAINST tech--) I worry about North Texas- Florida Atlantic and S Miss. of course LSU -- there is the 8-4 . I am feeling we have legit shot at 10-2 -- assuming "this QB plays like he did Saturday and line plays well-- North Texas will be crucial game this month --
    Hey genius! So you are saying we're gonna beat Moo State? I hope so! That would be a bigger win than over UNT, FAU, and even USM. But, hey who am I to argue with you, THE premier football guru on this forum.

Legit shot at 10-2? With our 7-game road schedule? Wow! Again, I hope you're right. But why stop at 10-2? Go for 12-0, unless of course you're one of those Negative Nancy's. In fact, since you are staking your reputation on 10-2 (and shame on you for daring to predict two losses), if it doesn't happen, well, you should forever leave this board. Nah, on second thought, please don't leave. You offer good comic relief at times.

For me, I'll take 8-4 with this QB, this road schedule. More likely to finish 7-5, and that excludes any WTF games. With one, we'll finish 6-6.

But, I can't get over 10-2! And you brushed off a ranked Mississippi State like they're some Belcher or something. I hope you're right!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    College Football is all about the QB.

(This is now the 1,000th time I've posted this on BB&B. And its still true.)
    I have zero doubt you have posted the same thing 1,000 times-- that leaves 28,461 other posts-- probably half of the other about how much you dislike the coach and AD. Granted, half my posts are about how much I am proud to support Tech and amazed at how we have come over last 50 years with such a tight budget == "All About QB" -- don't tell that to offensive line- WR- Running Backs ( Dixon comes to mind) and of course Defense-- Coach Diaz comes to mind. Saban wins Championship with inferior QBs -- think about those 1,000 posts.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I have zero doubt you have posted the same thing 1,000 times-- that leaves 28,461 other posts-- probably half of the other about how much you dislike the coach and AD. Granted, half my posts are about how much I am proud to support Tech and amazed at how we have come over last 50 years with such a tight budget == "All About QB" -- don't tell that to offensive line- WR- Running Backs ( Dixon comes to mind) and of course Defense-- Coach Diaz comes to mind. Saban wins Championship with inferior QBs -- think about those 1,000 posts.
    Thank you "Richard Cranium". Fact: Nick Saban wouldn't have won his national championship last year, if he had not made the halftime change at QB from 2-year starter Jalen Hurts to true freshman Tua Tagovailoa. It was Tagovailoa that helped Alabama overcome a 13-point halftime deficit to beat Georgia in the National Championship Game.

Let that soak into your thick cerebral white matter.

Everyone knows and understands the importance of having good skill players, good OL's and DL's, a good defense, special teams, etc... And I've never said those positions are not important on a football team. Most fair and reasonable human beings know and understand this. But, you can have the best of ALL OF THAT, and if your QB is still horrible, your team will most assuredly suck. Period. With few exceptions, a team's QB touches the football 100% of the offensive snaps. Does that mean the role of QB is more important than the role of right tackle on the team? YES, it does. Whether your fat ass like's or not, it doesn't change the truth.

So, you see, college football really is all about the QB. It's the number one building block position for any successful football team. It's that important. Right now, I'm on my sofa watching UNT beat Arkansas like babies. Do you know why that's happening? It's because UNT has a FANTASTIC QB (Mason Fine), and Arkansas doesn't. In fact, Arkansas' QB is 6-7", 260 lbs, and looks like you dressed out in a dancers tutu. In fact, the Hog QB was already breathing heavy in the first half, and was eventually removed from the game in the 2nd half.

As for your comments about the AD and Coach, again (no surprise), you're just wrong. Again.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The position of QB is critical at all levels of football. It's true at the highest level, the NFL, and is certainly true at the next highest level, Division I FBS.

I watched a good bit of the Notre Dame-Vandy game yesterday, and this drives home the point. ND is loaded with 5-star talent across the board, but have a very mediocre QB. He drags the whole team down to a lower level. Vandy is mostly 3-star players, but they have a pretty good QB who is a gamer. Not great...good thing for ND too, because if he were a great QB Vandy walks away with the "W." As it was, Vandy was maxed out and got every iota of offense out of itself. ND stumbled and bumbled along, squandering opportunities to put the game away.

And I see this game after game...sometimes it is not a very good QB, just an average one who enjoys a great day. Regardless one can readily see the difference that good QB play makes. Florida State's QB absolutely sucks! I think it's comical he's so bad.

As for our guy....I said I would withhold final judgment until after the LSU game, his 18th career start. I know LSU has an awesome defense, loaded with talent. But Smith just needs to focus on his game, our offense. Take care of those things he CAN control...like his decision-making and his physical mechanics.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Smith just needs to protect the ball while the LSU d-lineman try to take his head off.

This one could be very rough if our OL plays like they did against USA.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Last Wk This Wk
    Sag Rk 85 85
    Sag Rat 64.18 64.60
    Pred W-L 8-4 8-4
    Pred W-L 0.667 0.667
    Home Adv 2.36 2.67
    OOC Rk 91 89
    Conf Rk 128 126
    Conf Opp Rk 128 126

H/A Rk Team Sag Fav W/L +/- Act Quality W%
    @ 140 USA 52.83 W 52.83 0.50
    197 SU 39.35 W 41.71 0.50
    @ 11 LSU 85.89 -23.96 L -1.50 0.00
    @ 62 UNT 71.10 -9.17 L -5.60 0.27
    111 UAB 58.76 8.51 W -1.81 0.71
    @ 154 UTSA 50.37 11.56 W -0.16 0.79
    192 UTEP 40.84 26.43 W 1.26 1.00
    @ 93 FAU 62.38 -0.45 L 2.92 0.49
    @ 9 MSU 89.02 -27.09 L 0.09 0.00
    166 Rice 48.23 19.04 W 1.03 0.98
    @ 118 USM 57.60 4.33 W -0.05 0.61
    114 WKU 58.28 8.99 W -1.99 0.72

FAU could be interesting. As bad as LSU beats us, they'll just be warming us up for MSU...

Rk C-USA
    62 North Texas
    85 Louisiana Tech
    88 Marshall
    93 Florida Atlantic
    104 Fla. International
    111 UAB
    114 Western Kentucky
    116 Middle Tennessee
    118 Southern Miss
    154 UTSA
    166 Rice
    178 Charlotte
    180 Old Dominion
    192 UTEP

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Smith just needs to protect the ball while the LSU d-lineman try to take his head off.

Maybe call Sean Peyton to see how we should use the Tight End we have on the roster.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

I don't know what everybody's so worried about. Thru 3 games, LSU is only averaging 333 yds per game on offense. That's sick low!

If people are worried about that, they're darn sure going to being worried when we go to Denton next week. UNT is averaging 504 yds per game.

+ Reply to Thread