+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would have been 38 today.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Would have been 38 today.

My youngest son was murdered 6 years ago. Actually we just passed that date, it was August 21, 2012. Today is his B'day, would have been 38.

Was in New Orleans, just about to move to Shreveport. In fact, he was in his final week of the two-week notice he had given his employer down there. Tuesday of that week, a friend called wanting to go mountain-biking out at Audubon Park and the levee. There's a biking trail with man-made hills. It was almost dark when they finished and his buddy had packed up his bike, and left. For some reason he lingered, slow to put his bike on the rack on his Jeep. There was a couple sitting across the parking lot who became witnesses to the whole thing. Some punk appeared from the bushes and spoke to my son. After a moment, that guy visibly upset, leaves. Just as my son was stepping into his Jeep, that guy reappeared, with a handgun. Shoots him at point blank range three times. Tried to steal his wallet, but in his haste, not only did he drop my son's wallet, but he dropped his own. Later the police found the gun thrown into some bushes near the site.

Police told us the guy was a known petty criminal with a long list of drug-related arrests. Turns out he was looking for a fix and needed cash to buy some on the street. My son had only $7 in his wallet.

He had called my wife about 10 minutes before he was murdered, according to the timeline we know now. My wife was in a meeting, so he left her a voice message: only a few more days until I'm coming home.

World is full of idiots. Ya never know when you might encounter one.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Would have been 38 today.

That sucks alot. I hate that.

Cant imagine.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

So very sorry hear that Jim. What a tragic and senseless waste.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Words are not sufficient to comfort you and your family, my deepest condolences ! I will say a prayer i hope it will give you some comfort .

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Terrible. So sorry for your loss.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Can’t even fathom.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Devastating.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I can’t imagine anything worse. I always try to tell my babies, now grown, that I love them.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So incredibly sorry for your loss. May some peace and joy come in the morning, as promised in Psalms, after this night passes.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I'm so very sorry for you and your family that this happened. Such a senseless tragedy. Peace be with you all.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

damn man....had no idea.....cant even imagine what you and your wife have been through.....

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I am so sorry! I can't even imagine losing a child and losing one in that way is even harder.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Jim, so sorry Dawg-brother.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks for all the kind words, prayers, and well-wishes, both here and from those of you who sent PMs. It is much appreciated.

Never assume you will see someone you love again. Both of our "kids" know to call or text when they have arrived safely. They know how much we worry about 'em, and even have us texting them when we travel. Turn-about is fair play. Mostly, we NEVER part company without an "I love you" being said, and a hug too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My youngest son was murdered 6 years ago. Actually we just passed that date, it was August 21, 2012. Today is his B'day, would have been 38.

Was in New Orleans, just about to move to Shreveport. In fact, he was in his final week of the two-week notice he had given his employer down there. Tuesday of that week, a friend called wanting to go mountain-biking out at Audubon Park and the levee. There's a biking trail with man-made hills. It was almost dark when they finished and his buddy had packed up his bike, and left. For some reason he lingered, slow to put his bike on the rack on his Jeep. There was a couple sitting across the parking lot who became witnesses to the whole thing. Some punk appeared from the bushes and spoke to my son. After a moment, that guy visibly upset, leaves. Just as my son was stepping into his Jeep, that guy reappeared, with a handgun. Shoots him at point blank range three times. Tried to steal his wallet, but in his haste, not only did he drop my son's wallet, but he dropped his own. Later the police found the gun thrown into some bushes near the site.

Police told us the guy was a known petty criminal with a long list of drug-related arrests. Turns out he was looking for a fix and needed cash to buy some on the street. My son had only $7 in his wallet.

He had called my wife about 10 minutes before he was murdered, according to the timeline we know now. My wife was in a meeting, so he left her a voice message: only a few more days until I'm coming home.

World is full of idiots. Ya never know when you might encounter one.
    Wow Jim, I had no idea you and your family had been thru this. Please accept my very late condolences to you and your family.

+ Reply to Thread