+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prep Season 2018

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Prep Season 2018

The elites in both "divisions" should start scheduling each other during the regular season. They can't meet in the state playoffs, so play during the year. I'd rather Rummel play WM than Escambia, Florida or some school in Mississippi.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    WM has trouble getting opponents each year . . . and this year their strength of schedule has been ranked at the top (don't ask me where that ranking came from . . . I just read it in the New-Star.LOL)

For the last two years John Ehret has taken a nice check and opened their season in West Monroe. If both teams win Friday, they'll face off again in the semi-finals. That would be the third rematch WM has faced this season. Pineville, Ruston, John Ehret. That disappoints me cuz our starters most of the season rarely played past the middle of the 3rd quarter.

For the record I'd love to see this WM team play John Curtis. It would be one helluva game.
    Indeed it would. But, we won't see it because the LHSAA has robbed you of seeing that matchup with their silly "private school" rule.

I lost interest in Louisiana High School football when the Class 5A and 4A schools voted to force John Curtis and Evangel (and the others) to play in Class 2A/1A. That was the single most chicken shit thing I've ever seen any athletic association do in sports. As far as I'm concerned, all 5A and 4A state championships since then in Louisiana have been and will continue to be bogus (or fake) until this is rectified.

And it was all because the large 5A & 4A schools in Louisiana (including WM) were tired of losing to Evangel (and J Curtis, etc..). That's it. I can hear them now: "We don't think its fair for these private schools in Louisiana to play us little ole 5A schools....after all, we only have 2,000 students. We think it makes more sense for them to be forced down to play Haynesville (with only 100 student enrollement) instead."

You can't make this stuff up. Shame on 'em.

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...tion/17945703/

Ware and other smaller classification public schools face a staunch test when they line up across from John Curtis, Evangel and Calvary. “You know how many Division I athletes I’ve coached in 18 years (Ware, a Haynesville alum also spent time as an assistant at Haynesville before taking over the Knights program)? One. Devin White will be two. Ten years ago, Evangel won the 5A state championship. They lost one starter, and the next year they were playing us (Haynesville) in Class 1A.”

The day the news came out that Evangel was reclassified into the smallest class, “Our kids were in the weight room when he heard about it. They were deflated. My first year at North Webster we had a jam-up football team. We beat Kinder in the first round of the playoffs and they haven’t lost a game since. Guess who we get in the second round? John Curtis with 25 Division I players. First time I watched that game film… I started laughing! Did I mention they were 2A? They do a good job coaching but can they coach better than some of us? Nope. It’s amazing how good of a coach you can become with great players.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You are right, HD, and it's sad. But, don't lump all schools into that wimpy category. First, it was specifically Winnfield and Many that led the charge to have the private-public split in the playoffs. They are 2A and since they couldn't beat Curtis on the field, they sued. That is the biggest travesty in all of this. Coaching? Who's that idiot who claims Curtis doesn't do a better job coaching? Clueless moron. Curtis has great players BECAUSE THEY ARE DEVELOPED BY GREAT COACHES!

I'd like to see a Super Conference in Louisiana High School Football. It would be by invitation only. The criteria is the school has to have a great football program. Wouldn't matter how many students are in the school, and the other sports are not considered. You can suck at basketball and baseball, but if your football team rocks, you will be considered. Of course, many of the schools who rock in football also do really well in other sports too. This conference can be divided into 4 divisions of 10 schools each. In football you would play 9 division games, and can schedule one non-division game for your 10. Then the playoffs will be 16 teams. The 1st and 2nd place teams from each division get in...that's 8, and then 8 at-large berths. We would get corporate sponsors to bring BIG BUCKS to the table. These 40 schools will be rolling in the money! And then all the wimpy-azz schools like Winnfield and Many can still have their regular, lousy state playoffs that no one will care about.

Colleges will flock to recruit at these 40 super schools. Parents will want their kids to attend one of these super schools. Fans will flock to stadiums to see the super-quality football product on the field.

And meanwhile....all the snowflakes at all those whiny-azz public schools can be relieved...breathe a huge sigh of relief...they will never ever have to worry about trying to compete with the BIG DOGS! Everyone will be happy!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

https://twitter.com/NFHSNetwork/stat...64869232119808

Meanwhile, back to the kids . . . .

https://twitter.com/NFHSNetwork/status/1066164869232119808

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Rummel 10 Catholic-BR 13

9-3

Jay Roth is like Holtz, playing not to lose. Lousy Shreveport refs didn't help, but it was really Roth's fault. Too damn conservative in the play calling. That kicker/punter for C-BR is frickin' unreal. Drilled a 48 yd FG with plenty to spare. Routinely punts for 50 yds, with a high hang time. Cananove? is his name, something like that.

Oh well! Raiders are primarily a junior team, will have 16 starters back, including 9 on that stout defense. So, wait till next year!

So, West Monroe rolls into the Dome off of 4 shutouts. That is remarkable. No, "remarkable" is not strong enough of a term.

The Super Ants, the 1974 Rummel Raiders' defense, set state records for fewest points allowed, fewest yards allowed....up to that point in history. I don't know if any of our records still stand today...probably not. Our '74 playoff run scores were:

11-0
    7-6
    0-7 (loss in state semifinals)

Our '74 regular season included 6 shutouts, in two games the opposition never had a single snap on our half of the 50. Our issue was our own anemic offense, which went 3 and out WAY too often. We spent a lot of time on the field. Yet, we were able to put up some pretty good results.

But WM is rewriting the history books. FOUR shutouts in the Louisiana 5A playoffs!! Especially today, when high schools are running pretty sophisticated offenses. Wow! I have no words...

I hope Zachary can score.....just once! This is ridiculous!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Hate, hate, hate that Haynesville lost last night.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Tors lost to Kentwood 20-14 -

Game wasn't as close as the score indicated, they are really really good

Fell one game short of the goal

Great group of seniors - really hate it for them
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, West Monroe rolls into the Dome off of 4 shutouts. That is remarkable. No, "remarkable" is not strong enough of a term.

The Super Ants, the 1974 Rummel Raiders' defense, set state records for fewest points allowed, fewest yards allowed....up to that point in history. I don't know if any of our records still stand today...probably not. Our '74 playoff run scores were:

11-0
    7-6
    0-7 (loss in state semifinals)

Our '74 regular season included 6 shutouts, in two games the opposition never had a single snap on our half of the 50. Our issue was our own anemic offense, which went 3 and out WAY too often. We spent a lot of time on the field. Yet, we were able to put up some pretty good results.

But WM is rewriting the history books. FOUR shutouts in the Louisiana 5A playoffs!! Especially today, when high schools are running pretty sophisticated offenses. Wow! I have no words...

I hope Zachary can score.....just once! This is ridiculous!
    Yes, WMU is ridiculous. A well-groomed team. John Ehret was much improved. Solid talent. WMU just outdid the Patriots. Offense, defense and special teams.
    Oh, and the crowd . . . scared all week by the forecast of heavy rains, the stands of The newer, bigger Don were filled 75% on the home side. When it did start sprinkling virtually no one left.

Not used to that.

On to the 'Dome for the Zachary rematch.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 12-02-2018 at 03:51 PM.

I just hope Zachary can score...once! They might lose 50-7, but at least score.

Reminds me of a funny line from the annals of sports' history. The Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the NFL championship game. The 'skins' QB was Hall of Famer Sammy Baugh. Early in the game, score still 0-0, Baugh threw a perfect pass to an open WR...who dropped a sure TD. After the game a reporter asked Baugh if that missed TD changed the outcome of the game. Baugh replied, "Sure it did! We would have lost 73-7 instead!" Good to have a sense of humor.

I just hope Zachary can score...once! They might lose 50-7, but at least score.

Reminds me of a funny line from the annals of sports' history. The Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the NFL championship game. The 'skins' QB was Hall of Famer Sammy Baugh. Early in the game, score still 0-0, Baugh threw a perfect pass to an open WR...who dropped a sure TD. After the game a reporter asked Baugh if that missed TD changed the outcome of the game. Baugh replied, "Sure it did! We would have lost 73-7 instead!" Good to have a sense of humor.
    In the Rebels four post-season games, their offense has scored
    I'll be happy with them scoring in the teens, but higher than Z.

Cayden is a 6-1, 210 junior fullback/upback

https://youtu.be/B9ZUxorFY9k

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some studs playing in the St Thomas More vs University Lab state championship game. Two really good QB’s.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    There are some studs playing in the St Thomas More vs University Lab state championship game. Two really good QB’s.
    I was just going to post this. Great game to watch! 48-39 at the moment, 4th qtr

I was just going to post this. Great game to watch! 48-39 at the moment, 4th qtr
    55-46 final. Two HS QBs who I would take in Ruston in a heartbeat. They would start as a true freshman too.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

55-46 final. Two HS QBs who I would take in Ruston in a heartbeat. They would start as a true freshman too.
    According to 24/7 Sports the STM QB has an offer from Tech. He’s only a junior.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing while I was watching.

+ Reply to Thread