+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A Year With Tim Rattay

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: A Year With Tim Rattay

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He's not worried about the receivers. He is worried about the rock star throwing to the wrong uniform.
    I think you are right about this. But we're over-playing our "outside' pass game hand. I mean, it's really stupid if you think about it. By only throwing to one of the two sides and ignoring the middle, you limit the amount of space the defense needs to cover on most plays to only 1/3 of the field. It's a DB's DREAM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    True. If you think about it, defenses only have to guard about a third of the field against us. Pretty easy to do.
    Exactly! LOL! Great minds think alike.

You and I posted the same response at the same time. You would think Skip Holtz & Tim Rattay could figure this stuff out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Crossing patterns!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Can’t throw down the middle if nobody is there.
    Let’s use Cousar like he’s jimmy graham. We act like these CUSA defenses are the damn 2012 Seahawks. Middle screen to a RB would be nice every now and then.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Watching live, there was a play early on where one of the RB's ran the jerk route in the middle against the LB and appeared to be open. That would have been a huge gain. Meant to watch it again on the replay and see if J'Mar looked his way or not.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    and 3 int's
    Hey--timeout Hogdawg-- I was so upset about the INTs that several Tech folks came over and asked if I were HogDawg!! read my post and you will see that I said "not often a defense can make up for the turnovers" -- I am a realist if nothing else-- we will not reach our realistic goals without significant step up in passing game.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    He’s shy because coach is shy.
    be sure to tell Sokol- Driscol (now backup qb at Bengals) and Higgans-- what planet is Shy a word that fits Coach-- we still averaged 110 yards per quarter !! 440 yards of offense. Dixon is a Raven--not a Bronco -- I did get that incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Hey--timeout Hogdawg-- I was so upset about the INTs that several Tech folks came over and asked if I were HogDawg!! read my post and you will see that I said "not often a defense can make up for the turnovers" -- I am a realist if nothing else-- we will not reach our realistic goals without significant step up in passing game.
    Truth. That's your best post in a while. Our passing game must improve, with or without J'Mar Smith at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    be sure to tell Sokol- Driscol (now backup qb at Bengals) and Higgans-- what planet is Shy a word that fits Coach-- we still averaged 110 yards per quarter !! 440 yards of offense. Dixon is a Raven--not a Bronco -- I did get that incorrect
    '65, we've never had a lot of trouble moving the football....as long as its between the 20's. Tech's problem last year was that we couldn't score TD's. We were terrible in the red zone. That's why we kicked so many FG's. So, the 110 yds per qtr is really immaterial.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

J’Mar has been overthrowing deep-deep passes, which is probably better than underthrowing them. Wish he could find that fine line between rocketing the pass as far as he can throw it versus putting a little more air under it for the receiver to have a chance to go get it.

Hardy made a heck of a diving catch on one though.

One play in the 2nd, J’Mar overthrew a ball to a somewhat covered Hardy down the sideline and missed seeing Teal all alone running deeper to the end zone. There wasn’t anyone within 40 yards of Teal. Sure its going to happen sometimes but wish he wouldn’t have been so locked in on Hardy that play.

+ Reply to Thread