+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Purple Plague down south

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

The Purple Plague down south

Watched them last night and must say we better have our act together as never before or else our trip down there wont work out too well.

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Purple Plague down south

Lsu will always have a talented team however, what I saw last night was an EXTREMELY overrated Miami team that was lost on all sides of the ball. IMO lsu will lose several games this year. I do agree we have to improve greatly if we are to compete for conference usa champ.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs2448 View Post
    Lsu will always have a talented team however, what I saw last night was an EXTREMELY overrated Miami team that was lost on all sides of the ball. IMO lsu will lose several games this year. I do agree we have to improve greatly if we are to compete for conference usa champ.
    Agreed. Miami isn't the Miami of old. They just don't have the talent that a top SEC team like LA State has. Miami also has a similar situation to LA Tech's, in that their head coach seems hell bent on sticking with a QB who just isn't cutting it. Miami's QB was pretty bad last night, and his receivers dropped some passes too. Bad combination.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's irrelevant how good lsu is this year. If they went 1-11, that one win would be a 50-pt beat down of Holtz.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I expected Orgeron to get out-coached and lose something like 13-6, but Miami didn’t live up to their expectations. LSU dominated.

Regardless of Miami’s issues, a lot has to change quick for us to have a snowball’s chance in Baton Rouge.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Until we have some type of vertical passing game, we have no chance at beating LSU.

They will suffocate us if we try to run then throw dink and dunk passes. And our Online may get Jamar killed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Until we have some type of vertical passing game, we have no chance at beating LSU.

They will suffocate us if we try to run then throw dink and dunk passes. And our Online may get Jamar killed.
    Agreed. We need a whole different game plan if we hope to be competitive on offense. What we normally do is tailored-made for LSU's defense, indeed, most top defenses, like SEC teams. In their league teams run the ball a lot. There are no "west coast" offenses, wide open attacks. So, SEC teams recruit and scheme to compete with other SEC teams. Their defenses are built around stopping the run, and the safe, short passing attack. If we go in there and try to play that style....we're gonna get kilt. On the other hand, do what they don't like, and we have a puncher's chance.

No huddle...hurry-up pace, fast, fast, fast! and bombs away!!!! Throw the ball downfield, dang it!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

Really, nothing else needs to be said.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Agreed. We need a whole different game plan if we hope to be competitive on offense. What we normally do is tailored-made for LSU's defense, indeed, most top defenses, like SEC teams. In their league teams run the ball a lot. There are no "west coast" offenses, wide open attacks. So, SEC teams recruit and scheme to compete with other SEC teams. Their defenses are built around stopping the run, and the safe, short passing attack. If we go in there and try to play that style....we're gonna get kilt. On the other hand, do what they don't like, and we have a puncher's chance.

No huddle...hurry-up pace, fast, fast, fast! and bombs away!!!! Throw the ball downfield, dang it!
    J’Mar throws is downfield well, 6-8 yards past our receivers. I just want to see us throw past the 1st down marker.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If our Oline doesn't get it's act together quickly, it will get ugly fast. That is the biggest challenge in this game, how they hold up against LSU's front 4. If they get pressure with only 4, well... lets not go there. LSU's offense is built around a big physical line and power running, so if we become a three and out machine on offense, expect to see 40,50,60 yard TD runs and lots of them.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

J’Mar typically throws it pretty good downfield, we just never see it. I saw it twice in the spring game (recievers dropped or didn’t make the play) and a decent length pass to Veal in the bowl game.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

With no improvement at QB play like I saw Saturday, hopefully we will get by Southern. LSU will beat us 53-13.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    With no improvement at QB play like I saw Saturday, hopefully we will get by Southern. LSU will beat us 53-13.
    Feeling optimistic I see. If we score more than 10, I’ll be surprised biggly.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I'm very optimistic in life, but being a realist gets me too. I just don't see us being competitive with LSU with J'Mar at QB. He has to make a 180 degree turn from what I saw. Too many bad throws and defiant against throwing the deep ball. I truly hope I'm wrong and he has the game of his life. From watching us on every play Saturday and watching 90% of LSU on Sunday, they will destroy us if he telegraphs EVERY throw like he did against USA. The game is totally not on his back, but the QB play has to drastically improve. Unless Coach Holtz is sandbagging...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    13 is reasonable. I can see one TD in the 2nd qtr when LSU first starts clearing their bench, and another in garbage time late in the game. And yes, we'll miss one of the PATs.

+ Reply to Thread