+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Everybody Burned Their Nike Gear Yet?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Has Everybody Burned Their Nike Gear Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    $43 million THIS MORNING. Obviously, if sales fall, the gamble failed. They were already losing market share to Under Armor and others.

If it is calculated, it would obviously take time to result in increased sales (which, as you know, would positively impact the market value).

What's the other option? It's not calculated and their acting out of the goodness of their heart and the like mind with #BLM?

Come on, this is a $130Billion company. All decisions are business decisions. Is it a risky play? Sure, but it's a play.
    They are forgetting their typical client and audience and this will come back to bite them in the arse.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    They are forgetting their typical client and audience and this will come back to bite them in the arse.
    Certainly possible. My only point is that this is a business decision...not a political one.

Of course, all politics is business.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

What's the other option? It's not calculated and their acting out of the goodness of their heart and the like mind with #BLM?

Come on, this is a $130Billion company. All decisions are business decisions. Is it a risky play? Sure, but it's a play.
    IDK. They are one of the big boys, but they seem to be going after a questionable market share (that they have most of anyway) based on what happened to NFL viewership last year.

Seems they could ride the Tiger Woods train and be much safer.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    IDK. They are one of the big boys, but they seem to be going after a questionable market share (that they have most of anyway) based on what happened to NFL viewership last year.

Safety and big returns rarely go hand in hand. Even with today's fall, they're still up 25% on the year. I think we'll know by the end of the year whether or not their gamble paid off.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Tiger was able to "ride or maybe even pull a train" a few times.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are defining their typical client.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

This should be in the political forum. We are an adidas school and this doesn't have to do with Tech football.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    This should be in the political forum. We are an adidas school and this doesn't have to do with Tech football.
    Agreed!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    A thug? What thug behavior are you referring to?
    I approve of all people of any color the right to peaceful protest in this country.
    I come from a military family, dad was a Combat Controller in the Air Force and two uncles were Seals. I have no problem with Nike or Colin.
    Oh and my mother is currently a Cop and Grandfather served in World War II. Also a slew of cousins that are previous military or still currently serving.
    Please explain the thug reference and your outrage.
    let it go-- I am on your side. My dad did 2 tours Vietnam and 2 Korea . 21 gun salute ( actually 6) at funeral --Silver Stars -2 Bronze stars - pilot in Air Force for 25 years . while I was at Tech we had the Vietnam war and I was so pissed off my dad told me "that what we are fighting for--freedom of speech" --. I spent my weekend at the WW2 memorial in NO. I contribute annually and frustrated that millions of Americans -black and white-gave their life for America-- I personally see this as insult to those who gave their life for us. That said I have a preference for Under Armour -- NFL blew it on this issue but most teams have 52-60 players , coaches etc stand -- why worry about a handful of folks who think insulting the Flag etc etc--

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I wore a Nike polo into ChikFilA this morning and it opened a cosmic rift in the very fabric of spacetime.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I have not seen any of the other posts but remember Nike has one heck of a Golf product-- Not sure white golfers will boycott their clubs -or balls -- (easy joke talking about balls to do it) --

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

AMEN-- on the way back from Mobile we talked about how often entire Tech threads are hijacked by political garbage-- Im bailing on this one now and looking for some football stuff

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I couldn't care less about what a stupid ex-football player thinks, does, or says. I just don't understand why Nike feels the need to tell anyone what to think either. My decision to be done with Nike is easy enough. This advertising decision will cost Nike a lot of money and is totally stupid on their part.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The vets who fought for our freedoms have been dead for 150 years, I have no way of knowing what they'd think.
    You might want to walk this one back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    This could be the worst marketing blunder since New Coke. Of course, the Coke executives realized their mistake quickly and reversed course.
    Coke only did that so they could change the type of sugar they used and have no one notice.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I just don't understand why Nike feels the need to tell anyone what to think either.
    That's the whole point of marketing.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Not how I feel but something to be considered "In a 1804 letter, Thomas Jefferson wrote: ”No experiment can be more interesting than that we are now trying, and which we trust will end in establishing the fact, that man may be governed by reason and truth. Our first object should therefore be, to leave open to him all the avenues to truth. The most effectual hitherto found, is the freedom of the press. It is therefore, the first shut up by those who fear the investigation of their actions.” Not saying this instance is the press but it is a protest . I feel at this point if the press did not beat the drum it would die as there is no real commitment to the issue or they would be doing more!

+ Reply to Thread